AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Vamsi

Country flag
As said earlier timelines does not matter right now
Because it's useless to care about it since it will always be changing and you'll get upset
It is the technology which is incorporated
what did that @TejIntel guy said on Twitter spaces about AMCA ??

MirageBlue

Country flag
Badhaai ho!

Systems Level Critical Design Review has been completed for the AMCA and the team will now progress to Platform level CDR in the next 2-3 months!

Aero India 2023 - AMCA finishes systems level CDR

The critical design review (CDR) of all systems for India's Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) has been completed, a senior project official said.

Speaking to Janes at the Aero India 2023 show being held in Bangalore from 13 to 17 February, the project official said that the aircraft's 16 primary systems have completed the CDR. “This will allow us to complete the platform-level critical design review of the AMCA in one to two months,” the project official with India's Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) said.

Sixteen aircraft systems were assessed in the systems-level CDR, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. These include hydraulics, cockpit avionics, Integrated Vehicle Health Management (IVHM), electricals, the weapons systems, and the internal weapons bay.

When Janes last spoke to ADA in November 2022 about the project, some of the systems were still in the process of development.

AnantS

Country flag
Next year ,TEDBF will go for CCS approval, AMCA should be this year no?
I shall be happy if what you state is true, but better add buffer to your normal expectations and you shall arrive right near actual timelines.

SavageKing456

Country flag
That's a big W with swift project they will get a good idea of stealth drone too
Swift is going swiftly
The dry kaveri has achieved what was intended now
Ghatak prototype is just now left for integration of engines and conformal stuff
Once dry kaveri attains Initial flight certification
You will soon hear the ff of ucav
But i doubt they will release pictures
Lets see

Vamsi

Country flag
Swift is going swiftly
Ghatak prototype is just now left for integration of engines and conformal stuff
Lets see
full scale Air frame is ready ??

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Swift is going swiftly
Lets see
Yea I am fine with no pr on ghatak its our important and well kept secret and I do remember the videos they released were also old so we don't know when swift actually took the flight I think

abingdonboy

Country flag
AMCA timelines aren’t that important. We are talking about 2-4 year delays here and there from what was quoted 2-3 years back. Without CCS funding the delays are inevitable. It’s better to get it right than to rush it anyway. AMCA will build out an ever increasingly complex ecosystem ESPECIALLY if it delivers an engine (via JV)

what’s more important to get right is LCA MK1A and MK.2 on top and in large numbers. IAF’s declining combat strength is the biggest issue? AMCA will be the cherry on top when it comes but numbers are critically important and where IAF is either asleep or clinging to their fantasy of 100++ MMRCA/MRFA

cutting numbers of MK.2 is criminal behaviour

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles