AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

DumbPilot

Country flag
Oh OK a simulator
Might be I became bit pessimistic
But I read that it would be an actual cockpit might be understanding issues
Probably not very realistic that we have a finalized cockpit concept right now, for the AMCA. It will come in due time, but the Tejas MK2 cockpit design should be finalized

abingdonboy

Country flag
Is that fucking window's
I think they will just display the pic of intended cockpit
No actual and functional cockpit
Bit disappointed
This isn’t their developmental sim used by test pilots. It’s effectively a toy that they’ll run some sort of emulator on that may or may not mimic the symbology and displays that they are testing on their aerospace grade sim someplace at ADA

i doubt the real thing will have anything but an abstract similarity with this-the Flight Controls will certainly be completely different

this is just to get eyes, don’t take it too seriously

MirageBlue

Country flag
Still needs more work. It needs to open much faster and it needs to withstand buffeting and going against the wind at high speeds.
Once again, this is just a simulation for the air show. The real thing has much more stringent and difficult requirements to meet.

The biggest requirements are related to the trapeze launcher that needs to push the missiles into the air from the IWB. The speed of operation is tremendously quick, so that the IWB is open for a very short period. This is due to the fact that when the IWB opens up, the stealth fighter's RCS increases. So, to keep that time to a minimum, it has to open up super quick, the trapeze launcher has to eject the missile super quick and it has to shut super quick.

Vamsi

Country flag
Thats a depressing thing .....first flight only in 2030....then we expect the flight testing to take atleast 5, even though they are saying it will be just 3 years....so flight testing will complete by 2035 ....that means 1st sqn will enter service only by 2038

future of AMCA-Mk2 is uncertain as of now ....I'm afraid that this program may go Arjun way...

jik60

Country flag
Thats a depressing thing .....first flight only in 2030....then we expect the flight testing to take atleast 5, even though they are saying it will be just 3 years....so flight testing will complete by 2035 ....that means 1st sqn will enter service only by 2038

future of AMCA-Mk2 is uncertain as of now ....I'm afraid that this program may go Arjun way...
Please stop being hallucinated by the unrealistic lead time for SOP as 3/4/5 years of an integrated system as complex as an advanced fighter jet. My company takes 3 years to make an ADAS level 4 pass-car with tons of carryover from a legacy project. So these are a development from the scratch.

He is not providing anything new. Every dammn body starting from IAF to ADA to HAL to suppliers aware of this schedule, probably excluding the YouTubers and OSNIT heroes.

Dr. Ghosh provided me with the same dates during DEFEXPO 2022. So, let's say if the first flight is in 2030 then the induction will be in 2033, so 3 years of in-flight closed-loop testing.

Maybe by that time, the US will have its 34th gen fighter up in the sky but for India with the veracity of challenges, this developmental cycle is realistic and viable, please accept it and deal with it.

India's future military aviation is in good hands, definitely many more learned and qualified persons than naysayers. So I am quite hopeful about the end result of these programs

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles