AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

johnj

Range of sensors & weapons are among the most guarded secrets, based on which the adversaries can put up their strategies & tactics.
Higher altitude increase horizontal range as particle scattering decreases.
The IRSTs of MiGs & Sukhois detect approaching jet at 15-35Km & departing jet at 60-90Km

View attachment 142218

But i think the above is misleading info & Russian domestic versions are much more capable than this.
So if we assume that we have matched Russian optics capability then AMCA's EOTS could see 100-300Km easily depending upon size & orientation of heat source, altitude of AMCA & target.
The aperture diameter, sensor material, S/w processing, Quantization or resolution also matters.
Just like RF transcievers are made of GaN, GaAs, InGaAs, etc, similarly optical sensors are made of PbS, PbSe, InSb, PtSi, HgCdTe, etc best suited to different bands.

View attachment 142217

That range was 1300 Km with 10x magnification under clear weather. This is 1 of the contributing reasons of high cost of F-35, custom top-notch H/w & S/w components.
Optical sensors are used everywhere & USA gained experience in long distance sensors through high altitude platforms like SR-71, telescopes like Hubble, spy satellites, programs like SDI (STAR WARS), etc.
But a ballistic missile plume is much bigger than std. jet fighter engine plume.
The altitude of DAS sensor is unknown in 10x zoom.
The sensors's chemical composition is also unknown.

View attachment 142219

But when a country reveals some critical info it means it is confident that it is way ahead than adversaries & will remain that way for long time.
I think its das[maws] not eots. das and eots both are eots.

johnj

last time i heard eots not so great considering advanced 4.5gen plus pods, so lm developing new one. Eots is a highly advanced version of sniper xr pod. ballistic missile detected around 1300 km by das. both eots and das are eots.

thebakofbakchod

What does metal cutting even mean, Tejask mk2 was under "metal cutting" since last year. Has anything even progressed on that?

Articles