AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
@Rajaraja Chola here it is officially confirmed that AMCA will have MTOW of 25T
View attachment 141671
I hope then design review is complete and they go for prototype then.
My issue with the news is this: if AMCA design is frozen, why are we going with 125KN engine and not 110KN? It's good to have extra power, but what will the weight and dimensions of the power plant itself. Even if 125Kn engine will be used during MLU, it won't be done until 15 years after AmCA is inducted. Lots of questions........

Blademaster

My issue with the news is this: if AMCA design is frozen, why are we going with 125KN engine and not 110KN? It's good to have extra power, but what will the weight and dimensions of the power plant itself. Even if 125Kn engine will be used during MLU, it won't be done until 15 years after AmCA is inducted. Lots of questions........
It takes a long time to get to 125kn so you need to get out an early lead on it in order to have it ready by that time. To see how long it takes to design & produce engines of that kind of power, take a look at R&R, GE, and PW engine programs to get an idea of the costs, resources, and time involved.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Because 125 in European conditions degrades to around 110 in Humid and hot conditions of India.

Blank

Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
EOTS which is to be added in AMCA has been confirmed to developed and is ready. Now Flight trials will be conducted to test the EOTS on a flying Testbed of DRDO.
What will EOTS on AMCA look like? Will it be like the "Diamond" shaped EOTS present below the nose of the F-35?
20220305_082813.jpg

(Refer to above Pic)
And also how will it compare to the F-35 in terms of Technology Performance.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
There is something odd with this EOTS; its not made of transparent sapphire. It has two circular apertures on front and back.
Maybe initial testing model to check performance for further modifications

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
It combines the functionalities of both FLIR and IRST...but I don't know how many sensors it house
There is pdf online , have to go through that , so we can make some good discussion points further

Articles