AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
I just realized that my area of profession has already made its way into avionics of jet fighters.
Electrical wires are replaced with fiber optics & some data transmission protocols from commercial industry have been implemented in electronic components of jets.
I hope AMCA team also take full advantage like this.

1645457380735.png

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I just realized that my area of profession has already made its way into avionics of jet fighters.
Electrical wires are replaced with fiber optics & some data transmission protocols from commercial industry have been implemented in electronic components of jets.
I hope AMCA team also take full advantage like this.

View attachment 138866
Already confirmed

Bhartiya Sainik

Country flag
Already confirmed
Its not just about the optical cables. In today's era of S/w driven H/w, a jet is like a flying computer room but like a laptop replacing a typical server room.
Earlier iknew that there is a separate series of Mil-Std or Military Standards of electronics, but that was still mostly dedicated H/w in 4th gen jets. In 5th gen jets, only radar & sensors are remaining H/w; their dedicated intermediate signal processors has been offloaded to Operating System modules of central & redundant computers saving significant space & reducing weight.
Also, apart from millions of lines of optimized S/w code, the correct data transmission protocol can reduce the latency from Mili to Nano seconds. This means faster & more accurate control surfaces increasing agility many fold, faster target tracking & engagement with increased envelope & other benefits.
It is like detoxing an intelligent but obese man's body :eric: & making him like Bruce Lee or Rambo:shoot:
These are smal small differences in domestic & export models which create big performance differences.

A little bit of fun :pound::laugh::rofl::troll:
1645460867622.png

On a lighter note, later blocks of 6th gen jets are going to have lots & lots of fun compared to today

Last edited:

itsAurea

Country flag
How is the performance of Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft in contrast to other types of aircraft, such as the fighter planes, maritime patrol planes, and military bombers? I'm now more interested in fighter planes since they can carry a broad range of military armaments, such as machine guns, rockets, bombs, cannons, and guided missiles, depending on the mission's aim. Today's warriors can also engage the opponent from a vast distance, frequently before the enemy detects or sees them. The F-15 Eagle, Su-27, and Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor are some of the most well-known military fighter jets. To be effective, fighter planes must have superior manoeuvrability, speed, and be smaller in size than other types of combat aircraft. Also, I am keen in undermining more about maritime patrol planes, especially their technology. Like, wow! How did the engineers devise such a transportation that is made to operate for very long periods of time? Right??

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
How is the performance of Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft in contrast to other types of aircraft, such as the fighter planes, maritime patrol planes, and military bombers? I'm now more interested in fighter planes since they can carry a broad range of military armaments, such as machine guns, rockets, bombs, cannons, and guided missiles, depending on the mission's aim. Today's warriors can also engage the opponent from a vast distance, frequently before the enemy detects or sees them. The F-15 Eagle, Su-27, and Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor are some of the most well-known military fighter jets. To be effective, fighter planes must have superior manoeuvrability, speed, and be smaller in size than other types of combat aircraft. Also, I am keen in undermining more about maritime patrol planes, especially their technology. Like, wow! How did the engineers devise such a transportation that is made to operate for very long periods of time? Right??
amca's prototype is in making so its best not to make comparisions now

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft or AMCA is a fifth gen fighter aircraft which will be mostly used in the Air superiority, SEAD/DEAD mission. AMCA's radar will have SAR, ISAR, GMTT, GMTI mode which are necessary for maritime patrolling and bombing enemy positions. But other than bombing high value enemy target i don't see it's much use as a bomber or a maritime patrol aircraft.
I am keen in undermining more about maritime patrol planes, especially their technology. Like, wow! How did the engineers devise such a transportation that is made to operate for very long periods of time? Right??
99% of the time the maritime patrol aircraft are based on civilian aircraft which can stay up in the air for a very long time. What they do extra is, they just strap on a search radar in the aircraft's belly/nose and some other electronics and avionics.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
@SavageKing456 @MonaLazy @Vamsi @fire starter should we make a checkbox list of all the components required for amca and how much we have progressed in each , with sub under each too if the sub components are a bit of tech challenge .

So we can help new comers to get a project info , basically a detailed article component wise , no discussion on its capabilities and all

Vamsi

Country flag
@SavageKing456 @MonaLazy @Vamsi @fire starter should we make a checkbox list of all the components required for amca and how much we have progressed in each , with sub under each too if the sub components are a bit of tech challenge .

So we can help new comers to get a project info , basically a detailed article component wise , no discussion on its capabilities and all
Yep, it's a good idea...all the tech related info is in dedicated AMCA-Mk1 thread...so I think we should keep that checkbox list in that thread

SavageKing456

Country flag

Will do it
Thanks for reminding me

Trololo

Country flag
Conservative design from A2A perspective. Won't match raw numbers of F22 or Su 57. But will match or exceed Rafale or Typhoon level of A2A performance in certain regimes (Probably not the high speed high altitude performance of the Typhoon).

Should have good A2G capabilities, well suited to fight Pak and China. Particularly with Indian PGMs on board. Main item will be quality of sensors, EW, electronics, etc.

Overall a well balanced design for a good multirole fighter.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles