AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
It's claimed that Saab is at the forefront of AESA radar design employing gallium nitride (GaN) technology, having pioneered the technology with its latest iterations of the Giraffe ground- and sea-based radars, electronic warfare equipment, and with the Erieye ER S-band radar employed in the GlobalEye surveillance aircraft.
Who claims this?

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Who claims this?
I had read some articles from some Sources which were Claiming this.
I don't know how true it is though.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Saab is mastered in propaganda and lobbying
Don't believe everything they say
They do make tempting offers

Super Flanker

Banned
Saab is mastered in propaganda and lobbying
Don't believe everything they say
They do make tempting offers
Same goes with most Defence companies from countries like China, USA, Russia etc. They are known to do such Propoganda and Lobbying as well too. Anyways Gripen along with full Transfer of Technology and some other stuff is pretty tempting to be fair but there is no way that we will be buying Gripen From SAAB. They sell AWACS to Pakistan. Also upcoming Tejas mk2 will have similar Capability to Gripen and even better in some Ways. No need to Import a fighter like Gripen.
gripen-e1.jpg

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
None of the articles claim SAAB is foremost in AESA technology.
By the way Raven ES-05 is made my Leonardo and not saab.

GaN/GaAs based AESA has been proliferated a lot. It is no longer the cutting edge technology.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Same goes with most Defence companies from countries like China, USA, Russia etc. They are known to do such Propoganda and Lobbying as well too. Anyways Gripen along with full Transfer of Technology and some other stuff is pretty tempting to be fair but there is no way that we will be buying Gripen From SAAB. They sell AWACS to Pakistan. Also upcoming Tejas mk2 will have similar Capability to Gripen and even better in some Ways. No need to Import a fighter like Gripen.
View attachment 130931
There is nothing Saab can offer us technology-related but only can help about efficient manufacturing and nothing else
They won't be selling the critical tech which they have and neither we want them
We have developed most and in due course of time it will mature

Super Flanker

Banned

GaN/GaAs based AESA has been proliferated a lot. It is no longer the cutting edge technology.
I guess so that these articles are just Propoganda and nothing else.
There is nothing Saab can offer us technology-related but only can help about efficient manufacturing and nothing else
They won't be selling the critical tech which they have and neither we want them
We have developed most and in due course of time it will mature
We are making our own Gan based radars and Stuff so we don't need help of the Swedes in any Ways.
5a21450b0430c4ed8dba3fa2484563bc.jpg

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I guess so that these articles are just Propoganda and nothing else.

We are making our own Gan based radars and Stuff so we don't need help of the Swedes in any Ways. View attachment 130934
Photo kyu lagata h har post me , 10th ka exam thodi h , we know this stuff already and discussed multiple times .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Depends on what components you are using GaN for , some use it only in amplifiers , others use it for , some components are better with LDMOS

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
why amca's rudders are not made like f22 ??
Even I thought that they earlier had the trapezoidal rudders like F-22
1641828161070.jpeg

But they seem to have changed it to more F-35ish slanted rudder.
1641828259589.png

I don’t know much about it whether it is stealthier or more aerodynamic rudder design, but they seem to be better obviously else they would’ve stick with the trapezoidal one.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Twitter is full of Mentally colonized people who always think that Bharat can't do anything on its own, if it does then it will always be piece of shit, and hence we should always import or do some stupid JVs and throw billions of dollars to a foreign company.
Self loathing Indians are
Especially on SM
without knowing complete picture.
They won't do anything to bring change while keep complaining

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Twitter is full of Mentally colonized people who always think that Bharat can't do anything on its own, if it does then it will always be piece of shit, and hence we should always import or do some stupid JVs and throw billions of dollars to a foreign company.
Not just Twitter, a section of DFI thinks on similar lines too.
For them, West is the Best

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles