Ajit Doval

Covfefe

Country flag
I seriously don't understand what's the deal with these retired officers. Like I have seen them bash their own army for some ridiculously false reasons. In military, soldiers are always taught to respect and love their fellow soldiers like own brothers but him and others like him seem to don't care abt the ethos of Indian armed forces.
Dhanoa sa'ab doesn't bash his own military. In this case, he is just reacting on the basis of a manipulated media article.

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Read it in totality. He is saying that since wars have become too expensive in terms of lives and resources, enemy nations now aim for subtler approaches like subversion and internal sabotage to weaken the country and so the role of the civil servants in stopping that is equally important.

If he made it in isolation, saying wars are bad, then there would be a definite ground for blasting him. But that's not the case.
He has said wars are not effective (two armies going against each other) and may not get desired results.

Has he said anything about info warfare and perception building?

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
But then Azerbaijan successfully prosecuted a war on Armenia to get back their claimed territory, and came out of it pretty unscathed no?
That's true as well. I think that his wording should have been a little better. People already don't like war, they don't need any incentive to dislike it further.

At such a time, it should be the responsibility of the people in charge to prepare people for the upcoming war, talk about its necessity and instil courage, like it has always been done in history.

Still, I do not necessarily see what is so outrageous about his statement.

Covfefe

Country flag
But then Azerbaijan successfully prosecuted a war on Armenia to get back their claimed territory, and came out of it pretty unscathed no?
1) That area was disputed all along.
2) They both are too small to bring anyone's attention.
3) Armenia played all its cards wrong- it was a smaller economy, and didn't have the support of either Russia or the West. While Azerbaijan got Turkey and Israel on its side.
Its like a fight between Myanmar and Bangladesh, no one cares enough.

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
He has said wars are not effective (two armies going against each other) and may not get desired results.

Has he said anything about info warfare and perception building?
He didn't say wars are not effective. He said that they have become expensive in this age and therefore countries opt for easier ways to achieve their goals, in the very next line:

"It is the civil society that can be subverted, manipulated and compromised. It is your job to guard against this."

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
He didn't say wars are not effective. He said that they have become expensive in this age and therefore countries opt for easier ways to achieve their goals, in the very next line:

"It is the civil society that can be subverted, manipulated and compromised. It is your job to guard against this."
He literally said, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve your political or military objectives."

Political objectives was surprising for me tbh, cause sarhadon pe tanav hai lagta hai chunav hai:)

@9:40

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I seriously don't understand what's the deal with these retired officers. Like I have seen them bash their own army for some ridiculously false reasons. In military, soldiers are always taught to respect and love their fellow soldiers like own brothers but him and others like him seem to don't care abt the ethos of Indian armed forces.
The global algorithm make you stand out thus enables you earn to a lot of street dweller Jihadis and broken ugly nasals who come from broken dysfunctional families. If you glance through their followers and their comments you can tell what unites them all.

There are certain aspects pf human psychology which is a lengthy topic to discuss. But after retairement these clown start carrying chip on their shoulders of having insider’s knowledge but now not being able to utilise. They see their retairement as rejection and start hating their ex-partner. This whole scenario becomes too heavy to handle that they start reacting negatively to this post retirement acceleration.

With readily available attention of those broken despeate followers who only throws cookies of praise for their negative comments these retaired tin pots become compulsively critical thus irrational.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am reading this situation like this:

antidote to information warfare is not counter information warfare, it is awareness among the masses. once people realise that they are target to information warfare, 90% of narratives become ineffective because people stop reacting and start applying their minds on information/opinion they are being peddled.

“The Hindu” realised the statements made by doval on a information warfare are detrimental to their Modus operandi, so they attempted to shift the focus away from statements from IW to war itself.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
He literally said, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve your political or military objectives."

Political objectives was surprising for me tbh, cause sarhadon pe tanav hai lagta hai chunav hai:)

“Military- An instrument of political power” is an academic concept. Here politics include global politics, not just domestic politics.

hit&run

Mod

Come on guys.

He is simply talking about 0.5 front which will become mainstream by not just including miniority sepratists but also brain washed majority population.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Dude why are you stuck on that 1 sentence. He literally said in his next part that a new age of warfare called 4th generation warfare is happening which essentially targets civies through propaganda and IW thereby creating a mass hysteria and hampering internal security. He was essentially saying that since military wars have become costly and unaffordable(cuz its the truth) IW has become the new front. Look at what the chene bots are doing on twitter with all the fake images peddled in the name of Indian army. This is exactly what IW is. The chenes are fighting not the military but the innocent civies who will fall for this crap and thereby making them doubt their own govt and military and then they want with their pressure on them to counter this propaganda making our situation bad on the border.

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Again, a single word can make a difference.

He did NOT say, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve your political or military objectives."

Where the word your would be in respect to us fighting a war.

He said, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve political or military objectives."

In general. The next statement says:

"It is the civil society that can be subverted and compromised. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE THIS LAND IS FULLY PROTECTED".

You see that? He is saying how a war might be an expensive option FOR THE ENEMY to start, which is why THE ENEMY MAY OPT FOR SUBTLER TACTICS LIKE MANIPULATION AND SUBVERSION.

He is talking from the perspective of the enemy.

He didn't say wars might be too expensive for us, so we should try to manipulate or subvert the societies of other countries.

Again, I agree it seems a bit underwhelming, should have been worded better, and they should be trying to inspire the people for war, not stating the obvious.

But you are grossly misunderstanding the purport of his statement.

hit&run

Mod
Again, a single word can make a difference.

He did NOT say, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve your political or military objectives."

Where the word your would be in respect to us fighting a war.

He said, "Wars have ceased to become an effective instruments to achieve political or military objectives."

In general. The next statement says:

"It is the civil society that can be subverted and compromised. IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE THIS LAND IS FULLY PROTECTED".

You see that? He is saying how a war might be an expensive option FOR THE ENEMY to start, which is why THE ENEMY MAY OPT FOR SUBTLER TACTICS LIKE MANIPULATION AND SUBVERSION.

He is talking from the perspective of the enemy.

He didn't say wars might be too expensive for us, so we should try to manipulate or subvert the societies of other countries.

Again, I agree it seems a bit underwhelming, should have been worded better, and they should be trying to inspire the people for war, not stating the obvious.

English is not our first language and comprehension is not taught in schools.

Yes, he is talikng on behalf of the enemy. Damn, how hard it was to comprehend?

Automatic Kalashnikov

Country flag
Come on guys.

He is simply talking about 0.5 front which will become mainstream by not just including miniority sepratists but also brain washed majority population.
I really don't mind the statement, he is selected by politicians and may have to reiterate their views. War fighting isn't effective is a statement I agree with (I am not a war monger), but should have come from those who would fight incase the need arises.

The part where he mentioned IPS have to be at the forefront and police needs larger role in border management was laughable for me (concerning as well).

Optimistic Nihilist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I will say, this is not exactly inspiring stuff. The people at large, even if they get the message won't care about it that much.

Technical, strategic cold blooded language like this is best suited for people behind closed doors and given to select persons.

The public at large needs inspiration and morale boosts. They need to be told about how war is inevitable, WHAT WE STAND TO LOSE if we refuse to fight, and that this war will determine our future and our identity as a people.

People have to be told how IMPORTANT this war will be.

hit&run

Mod
I really don't mind the statement, he is selected by politicians and may have to reiterate their views. War fighting isn't effective is a statement I agree with (I am not a war monger), but should have come from those who would fight incase the need arises.

The part where he mentioned IPS have to be at the forefront and police needs larger role in border management was laughable for me (concerning as well).
You are conflating Police and Army. Police is for Policing. The occasion and context there was never to explain military doctrine and military intent.

Op Kahuta

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

What is obvious for us may not be obvious for the rest of the masses engaged in a 9 to 5 job and only reading news in their spare time, which nowadays is also manipulated by the vested political interests. I think it was good move by him to educate the masses on this but yes I do agree his wording was kind of cryptic so it can't be grasped easily. And yes I do agree that if we are going to war(which we might are) there should have been some encouragement towards the population.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles