Agni V Missile

mahesh

Country flag
When we were presenting the progress of the programme, Indira Gandhi saw the world map at the conference hall. She asked us to stop the presentation and said, 'Kalam, look at the map, look at the distance in the eastern side of the map. When will the laboratory launch a missile which will be capable of reaching that spot?'

- typical words of one of a true dashing and visionary leader. :hail: we need more like this persons,

whoever comes to power they will be making money, regardless of parties, but before leaving the seat, do something good like this, that mother India can remember you for a long time. but now a day's politician sell there success to make further money.:shocked:

sayareakd

Country flag
Chinese experts say that its weight, 50 tonnes, would pose a problem given India's primitive infrastructure of roads and bridges
i feel transporting then in indian conditions is a little risky and Himalayan ghats and bridges would they support a truck weight and the missile weight ?
do we have options to post missiles in predetermined location of himalyan range and other options in case of changing strategic locations immediately other then road infra ?
Chinese experts is saying what his heart wants him to say, but he should look at this way.

first of all the A5 Missile launcher (rail mobile) which was tested was from A3 missile launcher platform.

this is the earlier version of A3 missile launcher show on R day.

check the wheel and the rail puller on this, wheels can be easily changed to this

and finally this latest version with armor cabin for A3 crew.

now the most important point, A5 was tested for 5.5k range, we can easily extend the range, without any major modification, so if that be the case we can fire this missile from Gujrat or Kerala, we dont have to move this missile close to Chines border in Himalaya.

mahesh

Country flag
Aljazeera 25min discussion.

NOTICE Indian map in Aljazeera! :shocked:

In bangalore, location jp nagar 5th phase, last week i went along with my friend to service his SONY vaio laptop @ SONY SERVICE CENTRE, there i saw the same type of map hung beside the door. i got pissed off. i couldn't do anything, when i showed that to my friend. he said not just this centre, every SONY CENTRES have the same map printed as per the international map.

what can be done to legally eliminate this process of foreign companies functioning in India, and not printing India map according to India's way.
contrast to this, CHINA can order mapping companies to De-list or to remove parts of other counties from there mainland. but we can't control the defected MAP circulating in our very own locality !!! shame on governance.

what can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

noob101

this is how A3 TVC works

same would be for A5.

It took me lot of time to find this for you. something which is not available easily. :namaste:
thanks for the effort, always wondered why the Agni-V looked so plain....

very interesting system, I think this system is in place to do away with fins so as to make it streamline as possible so as to increase range... otherwise why develop such an elaborate system when the same could be done with a few fins?

Adux

Country flag
Narasimha Rao-Vajpayee is the one instance of a united polity for national interest and security.
There are much more of such instances, you just wont see it in the public.

Adux

Country flag
Nitin,

Thank You for this, now some special needs prefects will learn to shut their trap and listen, when they really dont know what they are talking about. Agni 5 is an ICBM, and it has a maximum range of 5800 with its current payload.

The DRDO chief described Agni V as a 5,000-km plus missile with a maximum range of 5,500-5,800 km.
Missile defence system ready for induction: DRDO chief - Indian Express

Adux

Country flag
In bangalore, location jp nagar 5th phase, last week i went along with my friend to service his SONY vaio laptop @ SONY SERVICE CENTRE, there i saw the same type of map hung beside the door. i got pissed off. i couldn't do anything, when i showed that to my friend. he said not just this centre, every SONY CENTRES have the same map printed as per the international map.

what can be done to legally eliminate this process of foreign companies functioning in India, and not printing India map according to India's way.
contrast to this, CHINA can order mapping companies to De-list or to remove parts of other counties from there mainland. but we can't control the defected MAP circulating in our very own locality !!! shame on governance.

what can be done.
Because you lacked the courage and fortitude to call the police and make a scene. It is against the law and you can have them arrested.

I did exactly that here, I forced them to remove it in Reliance Timeout.

mahesh

Country flag
Because you lacked the courage and fortitude to call the police and make a scene. It is against the law and you can have them arrested.

I did exactly that here, I forced them to remove it in Reliance Timeout.
ok if i do that, at the presence of police, they will remove it and after some days they will post it again, we can't pay a visit every time to make sure it doesn't happen. as it is provided by SONY COMPANY which contains information about the company with defected indian map. there has to be done something to remove it from the root. i heard the same had happened to the maps in the laptops which created a big news. i don't know whether it was rectified .

agentperry

ok if i do that, at the presence of police, they will remove it and after some days they will post it again, we can't pay a visit every time to make sure it doesn't happen. as it is provided by SONY COMPANY which contains information about the company with defected indian map. there has to be done something to remove it from the root. i heard the same had happened to the maps in the laptops which created a big news. i don't know whether it was rectified .
heard a saying??? jiski lathi usi ki bhains

Adux

Country flag
ok if i do that, at the presence of police, they will remove it and after some days they will post it again, we can't pay a visit every time to make sure it doesn't happen.

as it is provided by SONY COMPANY which contains information about the company with defected indian map. there has to be done something to remove it from the root. i heard the same had happened to the maps in the laptops which created a big news. i don't know whether it was rectified .
Stop being an idiot, who did you come to the conclusion about the 'they will put it up again', do you even know the implications of when they do such an action.

Why dont you go and do it tomorrow.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Would like to know which radars were used by the navy to track the ballistic missile.

pmaitra

@pmaitra

Finally it's an ICBM :thumb:

See these links:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...chinese-quality-says-expert-7.html#post482605
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/strategic-forces/6005-agni-v-missile-post476288.html#post476288

Tell me, what does this report say that we don't know already? That maximum range of 5,800 km is after they modify the missile (see the links; I have already quoted DRDO). They also clarified that they have not cut the range, for those who were saying it can go to 9,000 km.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Nitin,

Thank You for this, now some special needs prefects will learn to shut their trap and listen, when they really dont know what they are talking about. Agni 5 is an ICBM, and it has a maximum range of 5800 with its current payload.

Missile defence system ready for induction: DRDO chief - Indian Express
Adux, IMHO there is deliberate movement on to some how restrict the range on paper. Seems like other countries are putting pressure diplomatically, hence we are also responding them in the same way.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Private industry’s contribution to Agni-V success huge, significant: Saraswat - The Times of India

HYDERABAD: Nearly 40 private industries from Hyderabad and almost 150 industries from all over the country contributed to the success of Agni-V, the long-range Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) that was test-fired successfully on April 19.
Saraswat said, several countries had shown interest in buying the Akash missile but it would not be possible to make the supplies because of the limited production facilities available in the country. Declining to name the countries which had shown such interest, he said these were countries which were friendly to India. "It is not possible to make supplies without our own requirement being met," he said.

The DRDO chief said the ongoing missiles programmes in the country were worth Rs 40,000 crore and if other programmes also included, it could go up to Rs 80,000 crore. He described the private participation in the success of missile as "huge significance."
He said a naval variant of the LCA was successfully test-fired on Friday. :rofl: He said the first ship-fitted with Long Range Cruise Missile (LRCM) would also be rolled out in 2013-14.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
See these links:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...chinese-quality-says-expert-7.html#post482605
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/strategic-forces/6005-agni-v-missile-post476288.html#post476288

Tell me, what does this report say that we don't know already? That maximum range of 5,800 km is after they modify the missile (see the links; I have already quoted DRDO). They also clarified that they have not cut the range, for those who were saying it can go to 9,000 km.
Your post takes me here :-
DRDO sources say that, in case of need, the Agni-5 could easily be ramped up into an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), with a range of more than 5500 kilometres.Broadsword: Perfect launch for the 5000-km range Agni-5 missile
In both of your links you have quoted the blog of Ajay Shukla who received the info that "the Agni-5 could easily be ramped up into an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), with a range of more than 5500 kilometres" from DRDO Sources while the DRDO chief himself has said that it's a missile with maximum range upto 5,800 kilometers, now i don't think that those DRDO Sources are more reliable than DRDO chief himself. And decreasing the payload to increase the range doesn't fall into the criteria of "Modification to the basic design" i think, so i'll take Agni 5 as an ICBM.

Last edited:

Articles