Agni V Missile

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I agree with you.

The only downside to this approach would be lack of mobility. That is the reason why I was advocating a TEL.
My humble opinion is that we need not to concentrate on something like MEZ, we are a huge country and can keep our missiles hidden, moreover Chinese lack the necessary tracking and hitting capability that SU was thinking to counter. More over I think we should increase our SSBN based deterrence, as they are more survivable Keep land based deterrence till our sea leg matures and then slowly reduce it.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Gives good info about missiles arrayed against us, worth full read

Agni-V and neighbours

India has only two missiles, Agni-III with a range of 3,500 km, and Agni-V, with a range of more than 5,000 km, which can target China. But China has several missiles aimed at India. They are DF-3 (Dong Feng), DF-4, DF-4A and DF-21. These are strategic, surface-to-surface missiles armed with nuclear warheads.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Story of self-reliance

Saraswat attributes this confidence to the "pointed approach" and "professionalism" practised in the last 25 years by missile technologists, hardware and software engineers, and technicians of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). It was no surprise, he said, that it was "a copybook flight".

Saraswat, who is also Director General, DRDO, was proud that "the indigenous content in this missile was higher than 80 per cent" because of the DRDO's decision to join hands with industry and academic institutions. As many as 300 industries across India manufactured various components and subsystems for the missile, he said.
This "symbolises a major, massive jump in the technologies and the capability" of the DRDO because "once you have a range of 5,000 km, the same missile [Agni-V] can go to a height of 2,500 km with a short range and you can hit any object and satellite at that height. The same modules can put small satellites in orbit and multiple warheads," Chander said.
Missile development in India is a saga of self-reliance and sustained struggle, with the pioneers learning by reverse engineering and battling technology denial regimes such as the Missile Technology Control Regime ("Missile shield", Frontline, February 13, 2009).

The MTCR, with the United States at its head, targeted India after the successful tests of the Prithvi missile in February 1988 and the Agni in May 1989. Supply of computer processor chips, radio frequency devices, electro-hydraulic components, maraging steel, magnesium alloy, gyroscopes, accelerometers, carbon fibre, glass fibre and, so on, was stopped to India.

Undaunted, the DRDO collaborated with public and private sector industries and academic institutions and developed maraging steel for rocket motors, carbon-carbon composites and resins for the re-entry vehicle of the Agni missiles, magnesium alloy, phase shifters for Rajendra radar for Akash missile, winding machines, and so on. The public sector undertaking, Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited (MIDHANI), the Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL), and private industries together developed the magnesium alloy which was denied to India by Germany. When the first plate of magnesium alloy rolled out of MIDHANI, Germany said it would give India any amount of magnesium alloy. The DRDO wrote back saying it was prepared to export the alloy to Germany ( Frontline, February 13, 2009). " :hail::thumb:The DRDO always converted challenges into opportunities," said Chander.

sayareakd

Country flag
I agree with you.

The only downside to this approach would be lack of mobility. That is the reason why I was advocating a TEL.
Think it this way as nitesh has said we have huge country, surely we can hide 2 meter dia, missile easily, plus think of it as our mini MAD doctrine, those missiles can be programme to launch in case whole of north India is taken out in nuke attack, PM can remortly launch those, TEL have its limitations this system has its advantages and limits. We should have all kinds of systems.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Thanks to our dear saya, we have some huge info on the actual range of AGNI-V.. Guess what it is? some what close to what the chinese speculated 8,000km...look at the graph and say cheese.

notice the height in the graph, the Missile over shots trajectory. So what does that mean, look at the graph below.

What happens if we use that at 45deg angle? Ya.. Sure as hell does not fall of at 750kms.

:lawl:

Last edited:

Pokemon

Think it this way as nitesh has said we have huge country, surely we can hide 2 meter dia, missile easily, plus think of it as our mini MAD doctrine, those missiles can be programme to launch in case whole of north India is taken out in nuke attack, PM can remortly launch those, TEL have its limitations this system has its advantages and limits. We should have all kinds of systems.
The same reason why US use underground silos launched Minuteman III ICBMs.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
@Saya what is the range at 45deg you recoken? 8,000 or 9,000?

SAYA look at the graph, it looked like it wanted to go up more..man!! :D

What great feeling, i wonder what it can really do if they unleash that beast.

My elation may be a late one compared to others who knew this but my doubts have been confirmed!

PARTY.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
Thanks to our dear saya, we have some huge info on the actual range of AGNI-V.. Guess what it is? some what close to what the chinese speculated 8,000km...look at the graph and say cheese.

notice the height in the graph, the Missile over shots trajectory. So what does that mean, look at the graph below.

What happens if we use that at 45deg angle? Ya.. Sure as hell does not fall of at 750kms.
Modern Missiles doesn't simply follow pure Ballistic path .... but when it does, you simply can guess it's Iran or NK Rocket ..... :lawl:

P.S : Agni-5 has a BGRV .... :)
for more info. see my avatar .. :)

Pokemon

@Saya what is the range at 45deg you recoken? 8,000 or 9,000?

SAYA look at the graph, it looked like it wanted to go up more..man!! :D

What great feeling, i wonder what it can really do if they unleash that beast.

My elation may be a late one compared to others who knew this but my doubts have been confirmed!

PARTY.
At lesser angle it wont reach much height that would result in more drag hence lesser speed hence lesser range.

Range is not proportional to angle of launch in any means.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
At lesser angle it wont reach much height that would result in more drag hence lesser speed hence lesser range.

Range is not proportional to angle of launch in any means.
Not really, there is drag even in 65deg and it has always been known that 45deg is the best angle for long distance, even if your throw a stone at 45 deg it will reach farther than any other angle.

Pokemon

Not really, there is drag even in 65deg and it has always been known that 45deg is the best angle for long distance, even if your throw a stone at 45 deg it will reach farther than any other angle.
No......as you gain height and gets above atmosphere, drag reduces significantly and speed increases manifold. Thats the reason why ICBM reaches 25 Mach speed while cruise or quasi ballistic missiles dont even cross 10 mach because they travel in exo atmosphere.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
No......as you gain height and gets above atmosphere, drag reduces significantly and speed increases manifold. Thats the reason why ICBM reaches 25 Mach speed while cruise or quasi ballistic missiles dont even cross 10 mach because they travel in exo atmosphere.
mujhe ek quasi missile chahiye :sad:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Just wait till they get all three stage motors of composite material, MIRV increase weight and drag so we need more powerful version of Awith same range.
i think you can pack 10 small warhead within 1.5 ton payload limit.

Pokemon

Also the theory you are quoting needs similar mode of travel in all angles say vacuum or homogenous atmosphere.

In realty neither do missile follow the perfect trajectory nor the homogenous mode of travel.

Articles