Agni V Missile

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts

Chinese experts feel that there is to more India's successful long-range nuclear-capable missile Agni-V than what New Delhi is saying. A Chinese researcher said the missile "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away". Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times that the Agni-V "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".
Du added that "the Indian government had deliberately downplayed the missile's capability in order to avoid causing concern to other countries".

India on Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that it said can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.

Zhang Zhaozhong, a professor with the People's Liberation Army National Defense University, told the Global Times that according to China's standard, an ICBM should have a range of at least 8,000 km.

"The Agni-V's range could be further enhanced to become an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile," he said.

Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts - Hindustan Times
As I said earlier that the actual range could be much more than mere 5,000 km. Perhaps India is downplaying it's range instead of bragging Agni-V as a real ICBM. India has the tech for PSLV like huge rockets so it would not be a surprise if it's actual range touches 8,000 km.
And China feeling the heat :scared2::scared2:

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
hahahah..i have been saying this even before the launch that this bird is an 8000km range missile..Either they are following me or have the same kind of thinking.
Egg-Jack-Tully :D

plugwater

As I said earlier that the actual range could be much more than mere 5,000 km. Perhaps India is downplaying it's range instead of bragging Agni-V as a real ICBM. India has the tech for PSLV like huge rockets so it would not be a surprise if it's actual range touches 8,000 km.
I think China is trying to stir up west by saying Agni has 8000km range. Just my opinion.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think China is trying to stir up west by saying Agni has 8000km range. Just my opinion.
The west is with us. They would have screamed like they have always do but they haven't. China is worried that it can't shoulder us and run away.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
The "West" knows very well that it doesn't needs to fear from Indian missiles as we have no border issues with them and working them in almost all the spheres for economic development.
The "West" has shown no reaction to Agni-5 as they are actually more than happy to see arrogant China getting contained by it's neighbour it tries to bully all the time..
The fact is that China knows 101% to whom this missile is made for and is running and creating unneccasary scare scared :scared2::lol:

Blackwater

What the World Said: Foreign Reaction to India's Long-Range Missile Launch
By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Reuters
Agni V missile is launched from the Wheeler Island off the eastern coast of India, April 19, 2012.
Mark Toner, Spokesperson, United States Department of State :
"Naturally, I just would say that we urge all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities. That said, India has a solid nonproliferation record. They're engaged with the international community on nonproliferation issues. And Prime Minister Singh, I believe, has attended both the nuclear – both of the nuclear summit – security summits, the one in Washington and then Seoul." (Daily Press Briefing)

Editorial, Global Times, a Chinese newspaper: "India should not overestimate its strength. Even if it has missiles that could reach most parts of China, that does not mean it will gain anything from being arrogant during disputes with China. India should be clear that China's nuclear power is stronger and more reliable. For the foreseeable future, India would stand no chance in an overall arms race with China" noted the editorial published in the Chinese newspaper ahead of the launch.

The editorial also said: "India should also not overstate the value of its Western allies and the profits it could gain from participating in a containment of China. If it equates long range strategic missiles with deterrence of China, and stirs up further hostility, it could be sorely mistaken."

State-owned China Central Television:

"A historic moment for India and it shows that India has joined the club of the countries that own ballistic missiles."

The state broadcaster then enumerated some of the missile's shortcomings, from a problem with guidance systems to its 50-ton-plus weight, which it said would require it to be fired from fixed, not mobile positions and thus make it more vulnerable to attack.

"It does not pose a threat in reality," CCTV said.

Liu Weimin, China's Foreign Ministry Spokesman:

Mr. Weimin played down the test and described India and China as "not competitors but partners," adding that the two countries should "work hard to uphold friendly strategic cooperation," according to news agencies.

Mansoor Ahmed, Defense Analyst based in Islamabad:

The missile added to India's growing second-strike capabilities, particularly if India can construct a naval version of the Agni 5 to deploy on its nuclear-powered submarines. A sub-based missile "can be deployed beyond the reach of a Pakistani first strike, thus ensuring survivability of its nuclear force," Mr. Ahmed said.

Graeme P. Herd, Security Expert, Geneva Center for Security Policy:

"All of this, from the Chinese perspective, looks like a movement from balancing China to containing China," Mr. Herd said. The timing of the missile launching, as the Chinese government is reeling from a scandal involving a top leader, would heighten Chinese suspicions and also "increases the perception of an arms race, and the reality of an arms race, in East Asia, particularly between China and India," he added.

Poornima Subramaniam, Asia-Pacific Armed Forces Analyst, IHS Jane's Defense:

"Agni 5 will give India complete coverage of targets in China," said Ms. Subramaniam in an e-mail. "Agni 5 technologically narrows the missile gap between India and China, while the strategic balance between the two rivals is still tipped in China's favor."

Paul K. Kerr, Nonproliferation Expert, Congressional Research Service:

"Everyone forgets about U.N. Security Council Resolution 1172, which calls upon India and Pakistan to cease development of ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons," said Mr. Kerr in an interview.

Praful Bidwai, Researcher and Columnist, Coalition of Nuclear Disarmament and Peace:

"It is ridiculous," Mr. Bidwai said. "We are getting into a useless arms race at the expense of fulfilling the need of poor people."

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Fox news does not mince words does it? Raw assessment of Indian missile test.

Use India against China and use China against India! :D

[video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1572132167001/indias-nuke-threat-underestimated[/video]

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Test a missile and announce that it has a range of 8000kms then you will see the real west.
That's the point... why do we need to brag about 8000kms range at all??? All we need is to contain china and it's ever growing arrogance.

plugwater

The "West" knows very well that it doesn't needs to fear from Indian missiles as we have no border issues with them and working them in almost all the spheres for economic development.
The "West" has shown no reaction to Agni-5 as they are actually more than happy to see arrogant China getting contained by it's neighbour it tries to bully all the time..
The fact is that China knows 101% to whom this missile is made for and is running and creating unneccasary scare scared :scared2::lol:
West knows Agni-5 cant reach them so no reaction, like i said they wont react in the same way if we test a 8k+ range missile.

Now they are more than happy with this missile test.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Now imagine Arihant class submarine equipped with nuclear K-4 Sagarika(Mach 7.5) + Agni-SLBM(Mach ??) after some years in south China sea or Arab sea, and feel the pressure on China/Pakistan, and our deterrence :thumb:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Guys, i am worried about only one question.. can somebody please answer my one question with proper source and reference..

1) how accurate is AGNI-5?

- thanks
post 587 of this thread :D

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
hahahah..i have been saying this even before the launch that this bird is an 8000km range missile..Either they are following me or have the same kind of thinking.
I want one test going all over China and splashing down in Pacific :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles