Agni V Missile

pmaitra

if Avinash Chander calls it ICBM, it is good enough for me and rest of the country, forget the special needs prefect and his usual idiotic musings.
You should first see the links I have posted instead of spouting your ignorance. First learn what is an ICBM and how far Agni-5 actually went before you shoot of your mouth with your trademark codswallop. If you really had a point, you would bolster it with links and references, which, apparently, you haven't done.

Learn to debate first. This is not an ad hominem contest.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Wheeler Islands to somewhere close to westarn australia i(perth) is 6500 kms.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
That should be our plan. In international geopolitics, there is no permanent friend, not foe.

However, we need to build ICBMs, that has a range of 8000+, and not simply test a missile at 5000 km and claim we have an ICBM. We don't have one - and even if we squeezed some juice out of this one to reach 5500 km, just to get that 'ICBM-status,' it really serves no tangible purpose.

We need to work on an ICBM, and we can do that once we come to terms with the fact that we don't have one.
I hope your wrong but i to will take it with a bit of salt, however we can tweak such a large rocket to atleast get another 1,000Km more out of it so lets keep it at 6,000Km, that is with a load of 500kg. Even that is not enough, i would like a 10,000Km Rocket.

Currently Agni-V is smaller than the minute man, if we did stack it up to the minute mans stature then we may get atleast 7,500Kms. So the technology is at hand to make it a bit more longer ranged.

I am guessing by 2020 we will have a ture blue ICBM.

Last edited:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Wheeler Islands to somewhere close to westarn australia i(perth) is 6500 kms.
Thanks YB, but can you please calculate this distance

Broadsword: Perfect launch for the 5000-km range Agni-5 missile

Within minutes, the Agni-5 was in space, streaking southwards for 2,000 kilometres until it crossed the equator. Then it hurtled along for another 3000-kilometers, re-entering the atmosphere over the Tropic of Capricorn and splashing down between the southern tip of Africa and Australia. From launch to splash-down, just 20 minutes had elapsed.

Adux

Country flag
You should first see the links I have posted instead of spouting your ignorance. First learn what is an ICBM and how far Agni-5 actually went before you shoot of your mouth with your trademark codswallop. If you really had a point, you would bolster it with links and references, which, apparently, you haven't done.

Learn to debate first. This is not an ad hominem contest.

Did I ruffle some feathers there, prefect? Understand the difference in flight characterstics between a IRBM/MRBM v/s ICBM. Put that to the Agni 5.

The exact range details of Agni 5 is classified, to be honest, the basic Indian 'diplomatic' talk is calling it a Missile which targets 'over' 5000 Kilometers and yet calls it a ICBM, I am sure Avinash Chander knows what is the basic qualities of a ICBM, so does Sarswat and Mrs.Thomas.

This is not a lemon to squeeze some more juice to give 500 kilometers.

It is a 5500 kilometers missile with 1.5 ton payload.

If it is IRBM, similar to Agni 4 then the flight characterstics of Agni 5 will be similar to that. There is a reason 5500 is kept as a magic number.

Now go play with your little toys.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I got the presentation made by Arun_s from my saved files. Will upload it later, has quite a lot of information on BGRV

Rahul Singh

Country flag
From Dumb A$$ froum

Seriously , is this missile really 5000km? I am struggling to find other stages of this missile in the main body apart from the cone which is warhead. This is how Shaheen-2 looks like, with two stages clearly visible in the middle and its is only IRBM.

http://4.bp.blogspot...heen-2+MRBM.jpg

Its bloody looks smaller then our shaheen-2! ICBMs Russia and yanks got are absolute beast as compared to this. Seems more like a PR stunt
If we werent tangled in so many problems right now, we could have test fired an ICBM on days noticed with much superior technology than this mutt you have tested.

Folk hero

BEIJING: Chinese experts feel that there is to more India's successful long-range nuclear-capable missile Agni-V than what New Delhi is saying. A Chinese researcher said the missile "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times that the Agni-V "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

Du added that "the Indian government had deliberately downplayed the missile's capability in order to avoid causing concern to other countries".

India Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that it said can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.

Zhang Zhaozhong, a professor with the People's Liberation Army National Defense University, told the Global Times that according to China's standard, an ICBM should have a range of at least 8,000 km.

"The Agni-V's range could be further enhanced to become an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile," he said.

http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/china/Agni-V-can-reach-targets-8000-km-away-Chinese-researcher/articleshow/12742984.cms

dudes from china really ? :rofl:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Thanks YB, but can you please calculate this distance

Broadsword: Perfect launch for the 5000-km range Agni-5 missile
just do a simple math. stated speed is 7km/sec..flight time is 20 mins.. on the face of it its 8300 kms of travel.
but yes, it did not travel at 25,000kmph for the entire duration. it starts slower. we need to know how much time it took to reach 25,000kmph..even if we take 5 mins to reach 25,000, which means it traveled at that speed for 15 mins..that itself gives it a travel distance of 6250kms..add to that the initial 5 mins of travel at slower speeds.

If we know the speeds of stage, 1,2, and 3 and the time then we can make an even more accurate prediction.

also if we consider the statement that the splashdown was between the southern tip of Africa and Australia,

Southern Tip of Africa is 35* S and australia is 44*S...
Wheeler islands is 20*N.

To a lattitude range near South Africa the total distance travelled is 55* of latitude. Each degree is 100kms on the ground which means a total distance traveled is 6050kms
If we consider the latitude range of southern australia, total distance traveled is 64*. which puts total distance traveled at 7040 kms.
put in a median and this bird flew to at least 6500kms in the test.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
BEIJING: Chinese experts feel that there is to more India's successful long-range nuclear-capable missile Agni-V than what New Delhi is saying. A Chinese researcher said the missile "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times that the Agni-V "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

Du added that "the Indian government had deliberately downplayed the missile's capability in order to avoid causing concern to other countries".

India Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that it said can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.

Zhang Zhaozhong, a professor with the People's Liberation Army National Defense University, told the Global Times that according to China's standard, an ICBM should have a range of at least 8,000 km.

"The Agni-V's range could be further enhanced to become an Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile," he said.

http://http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/china/Agni-V-can-reach-targets-8000-km-away-Chinese-researcher/articleshow/12742984.cms

dudes from china really ? :rofl:
hahahah..i have been saying this even before the launch that this bird is an 8000km range missile..Either they are following me or have the same kind of thinking.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
just do a simple math. stated speed is 7km/sec..flight time is 20 mins.. on the face of it its 8300 kms of travel.
but yes, it did not travel at 25,000kmph for the entire duration. it starts slower. we need to know how much time it took to reach 25,000kmph..even if we take 5 mins to reach 25,000, which means it traveled at that speed for 15 mins..that itself gives it a travel distance of 6250kms..add to that the initial 5 mins of travel at slower speeds.

If we know the speeds of stage, 1,2, and 3 and the time then we can make an even more accurate prediction.

also if we consider the statement that the splashdown was between the southern tip of Africa and Australia,

Southern Tip of Africa is 35* S and australia is 44*S...
Wheeler islands is 20*N.

To a lattitude range near South Africa the total distance travelled is 55* of latitude. Each degree is 100kms on the ground which means a total distance traveled is 6050kms
If we consider the latitude range of southern australia, total distance traveled is 64*. which puts total distance traveled at 7040 kms.
put in a median and this bird flew to at least 6500kms in the test.
I expect my above post will be copied to some other place. Bet my bottom Rupee!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
[video]http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2012/04/19/clancy-india-missile-launch.cnn[/video]

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts

Chinese experts feel that there is to more India's successful long-range nuclear-capable missile Agni-V than what New Delhi is saying. A Chinese researcher said the missile "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away". Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times that the Agni-V "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

India on Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that it said can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.

Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts - Hindustan Times

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well he left out Madagascar, we can sure as hell bomb Madagascar and those pesty cartoon characters to kingdom come! :rolleyes:

I was looking for an Missile that would cover US and Western Europe, unless we put them on our reach they wont respect us as EQUALS.
True! until we manage to bring any 3 out of 5 superpowers within our missile reach, they wont respect us as a future superpower.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Guys, i am worried about only one question.. can somebody please answer my one question with proper source and reference..

1) how accurate is AGNI-5?

- thanks

Blackwater

Guys, i am worried about only one question.. can somebody please answer my one question with proper source and reference..

- thanks

well u can get a answer of accuracy by looking at chinis.

Their asre is already on fire:lol::scared2::scared2::lol::lol:

Parthy

Air Warrior
Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts

Chinese experts feel that there is to more India's successful long-range nuclear-capable missile Agni-V than what New Delhi is saying. A Chinese researcher said the missile "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away". Du Wenlong, a researcher at China's PLA Academy of Military Sciences, told the Global Times that the Agni-V "actually has the potential to reach targets 8,000 kilometers away".

India on Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that it said can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.

Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese experts - Hindustan Times
Just a scrap write up in Times - Creating all speculation around. Indeed Agni V's range should have been downplayed but no static proofs what-so-ever

Parthy

Air Warrior

- thanks
I believe the accuracy is ~10m which is more than enough for a ballistic missile...

Articles