AEROINDIA 2019

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
SAAW is a dedicated land attack ammo whose primary role is to attack enemy runway. These are reported to be around 500Kg and packed with much explosive to tear apart the runway surface. Its range is reported to be 100km.
I thought SAAW was 250 kg..........................

View attachment 33028

Laser rangefinder and target designator
Aren't laser target designators meant to be more compact and portable for use by light infantry? Is this a jeep mounted variant with greater range?

View attachment 33029

Finally a real picture of ADTCR and that too incomplete

can't believe nobody bothered to take any pics of it.

And the boat load of crappy pics I had to go through before I found it
ADTCR Atulya whatisdat.jpg

Questions:-
  1. What is that? Electro-optical tracking?
  2. Atulya is meant for AAA?
  3. What is radar for QRSAM?
  4. Can we integrate jeep-mounted MANPAD-derived SAM system with Atulya? Might be useful for mountains.

Scrapped...............as I know .... Nal is designing a...bigger jet....
Source plz. Are you talking about the RTA? RTA is not the same thing IMHO.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I thought SAAW was 250 kg..........................

Aren't laser target designators meant to be more compact and portable for use by light infantry? Is this a jeep mounted variant with greater range?

View attachment 33119
Questions:-
  1. What is that? Electro-optical tracking?
  2. Atulya is meant for AAA?
  3. What is radar for QRSAM?
  4. Can we integrate jeep-mounted MANPAD-derived SAM system with Atulya? Might be useful for mountains.

Source plz. Are you talking about the RTA? RTA is not the same thing IMHO.
It's compact enough , FACs need to lase target at considerable distances hence the increase in SWaP. It is manportable.

It is EO package with thermals, laser rangefinder etc

Atulya is for AAA , CIWS and possibly SAMs ( manpads etc )

QRSAM batteries uses 2 types of radar

QR-SAM's BMFR.jpg

BMFR

QR-SAM's BSR.jpg

BSR

abingdonboy

Country flag

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
LCH armaments still look so underwhelming! Even middle-eastern militia's crude Toyota rigs carry more firepower.
DXO86Ex.jpg
a-six-barrel-rocket-launcher-on-the-beck-of-a-pick-up-truck-on-the-C5CHAN.jpg
f-truce-a-20150516.jpg

What a joke it'd be for a super-costly & sophisticated gunship to go the battlefield to do negligible damage.
It must carry atleast (6 ATGM / AAM)×2 + (70mm×20)×2 change.

Attachments

Last edited:

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
LCH armaments still look so underwhelming! Even middle-eastern militia's crude Toyota rigs carry more firepower.
View attachment 33151 View attachment 33152 View attachment 33153
What a joke it'd be for a super-costly & sophisticated gunship to go the battlefield to do negligible damage.
It must carry atleast (6 ATGM / AAM)×2 + change...
I think you are missing the point those technical Toyotas won't go 12000 feet above in himalayas (Siachin ,Kargil) high altitude warfare will redefined by LCH especially it's anti tank and anti infantry role in the mountain passes of himalayas
lch9.jpg
main-qimg-dbf9e4b92df49cb44235f41569a92c77.jpeg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I think you are missing the point those technical Toyotas won't go 12000 feet above in himalayas (Siachin ,Kargil) high altitude warfare will redefined by LCH especially it's anti tank and anti infantry role in the mountain passes of himalayasView attachment 33155 View attachment 33156
It's no Mi-28 or Mi-35, sure, but being adequately armed to cause meaningful damage isn't too much to ask for... It's an attack helicopter after all.
russian-helicopter.jpg
MI35.jpg

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
It's no Mi-28 or Mi-35, sure, but being adequately armed to cause meaningful damage isn't too much to ask for... It's an attack helicopter after all.
View attachment 33159 View attachment 33160
Those helicopters wouldn't even fly near those heights in which LCH did if that was case our army wouldn't have used a jugaad of mi 17 with unguided rockets in the kargil war ,LCH carries decent load
1. 2 ×70mm Thales rocket pods
2. 20 mm nextar turret
3 2× 2 round mistral aam or 2× 4 round helinas atgms( you can change the weapons load to suit mission requirements)
1_QEBDZHWpg31zT4rXacXZFQ.jpeg

Watch this interview for more insights

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Those helicopters wouldn't even fly near those heights in which LCH...
Can you plz stop repeating that same thing? I read it the 1st time & i already knew before that.
If a chopper can fly up to stratosphere but carry only one grenade, then it's of no use as attack helicopter, is it?

We are ordering less than 2 dozen Apaches & more than 100 LCH. That means it will fight EVERYWHERE, not just Siachen. It's got to pack more punch than... this;
w94x93gd69l11.jpg

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Can you plz stop repeating that same thing? I read it the 1st time & i already knew before that.
If a chopper can fly up to stratosphere but carry only one grenade, then it's of no use as attack helicopter, is it?

We are ordering less than 2 dozen Apaches & more than 100 LCH. That means it will fight EVERYWHERE, not just Siachen. It's got to pack more punch than... this;
View attachment 33162
It is packing that much punch than "this".

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It is packing that much punch than "this".
And that satisfies you?!!!! :scared2:

Move the mini-gun forward to replaced it with 2 Mistral AAMs.. & a fucking Littlebird Recon Helicopter, actually carries more 70mm rockets! :doh:

Again, we are ordering less than 2 dozen Apaches & more than 100 LCH. That means it will fight EVERYWHERE, not just POK.

Last edited:

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
And if I'm not wrong they haven't made any progress in Crystal blades section either.
They have. DMS-4 is one such material that DMRL produced in late 1990s. Its 3rd gen SC blade material. By 2010, DMRL had established capability of pilot scale production of blades using this material. DMS-4 has a better 1% creep strength than CMSX-10 which is used in the Rolls Royce TRENT 800 engines fitted onto Boeing 777. And its 2019 now. I am trying to figure out what progress these guys have made on engines.

Compare that to M88 engine of Rafale which still uses 1st gen material called AM 1.

There are other problems in Kaveri, some of which has to do with the fact that it has been a chronically underfunded program, to the extent that GTRE does not even have a flying testbed till now. You can't make cutting edge engines with the kind of pocket change GoI has been funding Kaveri with.

Move the mini-gun forward to replaced it with 2 Mistral AAMs.. & a fucking Littlebird Recon Helicopter, actually carries more 70mm rockets! :doh:

Again, we are ordering less than 2 dozen Apaches & more than 100 LCH. That means it will fight EVERYWHERE, not just POK.
Please stop comparing apples and oranges. LCH has the word "Light" in its name. Compare its MTOW and engine power with Apache and its ilk.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Compare the size of the missiles. LCH has a bigger calibre.

indiatester

Country flag

Instead of a fixed payload options on the stub wing, it would be better for this hepter to have multiple weapon options based on the mission profile.
If we limit the mission ceiling to 6400mts like that of Apache, I wonder if it can carry a larger weapon load. Having that option gives the operation planners more flexibility and more surprise to the enemy.
In case of emergency, they can anyway dump the excess weight and take the additional height.

We should also remember the cost of LCH is 18-20 millions $'s vs Apaches' 35 millions $'s. We can send 2 LCH's when needed :)

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Please stop comparing apples and oranges. LCH has the word "Light" in its name. Compare its MTOW and engine power with Apache and its ilk.

It's more like green apples & red apples really...

Paki tanks in Thar won't say "oh it can fly very high, lemme just blow up"! No, to do that will take ATGMs.

AND YES, it's no Mi-28/35 or Apache. Neither is it expected to be..
1018990847.jpg
But it should carry more than a upgraded Cheetah. (A dozen 70mm rockets & 2 AAMs)×2 is just too less.

Which i found out apparently it can carry. I don't understand why those two pods are so small! @indiatester may be right after all...

Last edited:

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

No it doesn't satisfy but you said that's why I said my version.
Don't know why they never made it like AH-1 viper.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles