AEROINDIA 2019

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bhai. ...will lch foc have a radar like apache

@porky_kicker
I once read a report that DRDO is looking into such a capability , however I have not heard about it since then.

Problem is requirement must come from the users. Once Apache lands the users might get influenced and demand the same from DRDO on lch.

Indian military is lackluster when it comes to new technologies.

They always play copycat rather than be proactive

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I once read a report that DRDO is looking into such a capability , however I have not heard about it since then.

Problem is requirement must come from the users. Once Apache lands the users might get influenced and demand the same from DRDO on lch
Ya .knew that....and I heard that....some of the indian apache will have that radar

porky_kicker

Country flag
And...whats about bmd....induction...last time it was said to be ready for induction
@porky_kicker
Operational BMD is still far off as far I can understand.

BMD is a very complex technology

It will take time , though against the 2000 km range ballistic targets , certain capabilities are being set up operationally. Radars especially , other related sub systems will come online progressively in the future. Complete system is still far off from being operational.

Against 5000km targets MRIS ships have to come online for development testing to begin.

Personally I believe India should invest more on offensive systems rather than pure defensive systems.

BMDs cannot guarantee survival , it will be overwhelmed eventually.

But offensive systems will create deterrence through threat of overwhelming vectors.

I want DRDO BMD to be a offensive defence system rather than pure defensive system , by including or leveraging BMD sub systems or it's OODA components to enhance indian offensive vectors or their capabilities.

Archer

Country flag

It will take time , though against the 2000 km range ballistic targets , certain capabilities are being set up operationally. Radars especially , other related sub systems will come online progressively in the future. Complete system is still far off from being operational.
No per several credible accounts, fair amount of readiness.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

Against 5000km targets MRIS ships have to come online for development testing to begin.

Personally I believe India should invest more on offensive systems rather than pure defensive systems.

But offensive systems will create deterrence through threat of overwhelming vectors.

I want DRDO BMD to be a offensive defence system rather than pure defensive system , by including or leveraging BMD sub systems or it's OODA components to enhance indian offensive vectors or their capabilities.
I heard that now bmd also capable of shooting down cruise missile s too.....
Is it true....
A pure bmd system is not good as enmy will destroy those system s with cruise missile s..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I heard that now bmd also capable of shooting down cruise missile s too.....
Is it true....
A pure bmd system is not good as enmy will destroy those system s with cruise missile s..
India's AAD can intercept any kind of missiles near to the terrain and cruise missiles fall in the same category while their speeds are lower than ballistic ones.

We have multiple SAMs like Barak etc. & S400 & QRSAM in near future to act as CIWS systems for interceptiom of target drones, enemy's cruising fixed wing aircrafts & off course, cruise missiles too.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
India's AAD can intercept any kind of missiles near to the terrain and cruise missiles fall in the same category while their speeds are lower than ballistic ones.

We have multiple SAMs like Barak etc. & S400 & QRSAM in near future to act as CIWS systems for interceptiom of target drones, enemy's cruising fixed wing aircrafts & off course, cruise missiles too.
Ya sry aad
Are bmd....operational.....

Archer

Country flag
Well no idea , I believe it still is PESA, changing over to Aesa means a new system literally , and then DRDO would be shouting about it all over.
Correct, PESA.
And DRDO does not talk much about its radars etc. We get limited info via annual reports, releases etc.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Given the successes we had in last 10 years, yes it will be very much operational.

At least components BMD missiles tested upto 2015 should be operational now.
Correct, PESA.
And DRDO does not talk much about its radars etc. We get limited info via annual reports, releases etc.

Is it theoretically possible to launch a geocentric satellite-radar hovering over India, that'll AESA scan whichever area we need within 500 km from our border?

Enquirer

What are the inaccuracies? Are they substantial? Please specify.
Don't remember all of them at the top of my head....that post of mine was from several weeks ago.

Few that come to mind are his statement that Mk1A would have OBOGS (which is still not flight tested as yet! and could take a long time....). His data in the comparison table had inaccuracies....wing area for M1/1A and Mk2 is given as same...............

Archer

Country flag
I thought the wing area was indeed the same in Mk1 to Mk2.. its already pretty high, was there a plan to change it??

Regarding OBOGs, I think they are correct. For instance, we know all the ground tests were completed and the OBOGs handed over for integration around 2015.

Then we also have this from Force (its not PSK so less chances of BS) and the glass cockpit information is also correct from the AI event itself.

http://forceindia.net/cover-story/bag-of-goodies/
The series production batch of the 20 LCA Tejas are being inducted in Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) configuration, the second batch of 20 would be produced in the Final Operation Clearance (FOC) configuration. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is also looking to develop an advanced variant the LCA MK1A with AESA radar and new electronic warfare; HAL has issued RFQ for the same. The variant would also have an Onboard Oxygen Generation System (OBOGS) and improved glass cockpit.

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Don't know about full IPR.
I think the An132 deal will be in the form of a JV with HAL and c295 deal is in partnership with Tata. There is more depth in the An-132 deal as the Ukrainians are a bit desperate and India can leverage this. Also, India operates the An32 which is often referred to as IAF's workhorse so there is the matter of familiarity as well which is in favour of Antonov.
Whats that going to do in the end? TOT with AN-32?? We are already on our way to build a medium lift aircraft.
We need a work horse that is comparable to C130J's. With STOL and a good payload capacity. Capable of quick and rapid troop movements in tricky areas. C295's are close enough

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles