ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

NeXoft007

Country flag
If the prototypes ever come to be :(
LCA Mk. 2 will be deployed as frontline fighter. It's slated to be mass produced. Also, there's an actual LCA Mk. 3 consideration as well, not in writings for now, but to be brought up by 2030, single 120kN engine is considered, with disruptive 5++/ 6 gen techs meant for AMCA Mk. 2.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
LCA Mk. 2 will be deployed as frontline fighter. It's slated to be mass produced. Also, there's an actual LCA Mk. 3 consideration as well, not in writings for now, but to be brought up by 2030, single 120kN engine is considered, with disruptive 5++/ 6 gen techs meant for AMCA Mk. 2.
By that time, better move to a clean slate single engine stealth fighter.

stat231

Country flag
I am worried as in when the the testing of mk2s are complete and the time comes for order placement will we end up in the same position as what happened with mk1 or am I just pessimistic

TopWatcher

Country flag
I have a theory, may sound far-fetched, but here goes -
GoI is reluctant to fund Kaveri engine dev esp. for integration into Tejas, because it would mean more delays
and any problem means UNAF gernails will point fingers and try to scuttle Tejas and harp on more imports and MMRCA. So to keep Tejas and fighter dev eco-system from getting destroyed, GoI decided to balance the parties and go with GE deal , since till now GE F404 has performed great without problems on Tejas Mk1. This will prevent dalal and lobby from finding excuses to shut down Tejas manufacturing.

However note that I am in no way supporting underfunding of Kaveri engine as a standalone project (with integration into Tejas at a later time).
Strategy is good but GoI is reluctant ... this is bad idea by GoI. It means govt not want to have a engine capability. I read somewhere that DRDO will intergate engine with Tejas around 2024 and will show in Defence show.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
How many lcas would we end up with at this stage

Vamsi

Country flag
Sounds like Tejas Mk-2 upgraded version with 110 KN engine & AMCA-Mk2 Avionics

johnj

Its a old news right ??
Considering current modified deal, I think costs around1billion $ for 83~85 engines

amit19

Country flag

View attachment 211586

View attachment 211587

MoU signed

Looks like beyond all the drama they've done over the past few weeks, it's still the same old Americ*nt trickery and hot-air.
Anyway if they want to string us around, we can string them too, no 30 Predators deal till GE signs a contract with HAL and starts producing engines here :troll:
Ok.... here 'they' came again .... another lolipop ?

100% Tech Transfer by Safran for Engine

फ्रेंच कंपनी Safran भारत को 100% Transfer of Technology देने के लिए तैयार है, जिसके द्वारा भारत AMCA 2 jets के लिए 110 Kn के engine बना पायेगा.

इस engine में कोई भी Modification या कुछ भी बदलाव होगा, तो उसके Rights भारत के पास होंगे, और हम इसे export भी कर पाएंगे.

btw, nobody transfers engin tech to any other nation.

Last edited:

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
First let them to complete mk2 first, rest were dreams
mk2 -> amca mk1 -> tedbf ->> amca mk2 after that lca mk3,
during these time line, lca mk2 ioc, foc, a, b, c etc
But why work on an lca mk3 ? Better work on something based on tedbf

johnj

But why work on an lca mk3 ? Better work on something based on tedbf
Replacing gef414 with indigenous engine, which is a divertive of AMCA 110/125kn engine - lca mk3
TEDBF also get mk2 version with indigenous engine, but IAF skip air force version of TEDBF

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
No works on LCA Mk. 3 yet. But a single engine 5++ Gen fighter is very much in IAF's interest. As AMCA Mk. 1 & 2 gonna be an expensive air-superiority fighter, but won't be deployed in frontlines, for enemies to study it.
So a 5 gen single engine fighter sounds dope so we will see a new project by 2030

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am worried as in when the the testing of mk2s are complete and the time comes for order placement will we end up in the same position as what happened with mk1 or am I just pessimistic
Guaranteed, jokers taking this long to 1) finalise design 2) pay the money mean this is going to be a long drawn out project. Their hopes of accelerating validation and certification are laughable given Indian babudom and IAF games. First flight in 2025 means no certification before 2032 would be my best guess, 3-5 years later for production units

the whole project is 5-7 years behind schedule thanks to GOI, IAF and DRDO/HAL (the latter to a very low degree)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles