ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

kamaal

Country flag
Deodhar has carefully not mentioned any timeline for mk2 prototype. It only means, don't expect TD1 before Jan 2023. HAL knows they no longer have the luxury of giving overambitious deadlines, people now a days keep track of their statements.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Mirage 2000 is nowhere close to MWF. Period
MWF is going to be Replacement of Mirage-2000 and will have better Radar, Better sensors, better Range, better Weopons and it will be superior to Mirage in pretty much every Parameter you can say.
~•~
Deodhar has carefully not mentioned any timeline for mk2 prototype. It only means, don't expect TD1 before Jan 2023. HAL knows they no longer have the luxury of giving overambitious deadlines, people now a days keep track of their statements.
1st Prototype of MWF will roll out by Late 2022 or early 2023. But this too seems to be quite Ambitious, Maybe it might Get Delayed as well. Can't say.

assassin162

Country flag
Ultimately Indian MWF will be answer to Chinese J10C. Though smaller in dynamics we should compare it's features vis a vis J10c, the Chinese airforce main fighting arm.
For J11, J16, Su27, Su30MKK, Su 35 our upgraded Super Su 30 will be more than enough.
As of now for everything chinks and pakis have, we have simple answer, 36 Rafales 😅. We are pitching rafales for all J10C and J 20 and J31.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Tejas MK-2 is not in Light weight Category. It is going to be in Medium weight Category. Base Gripen is in light weight Category, Tejas MK-2 can be compared to Gripen NG. MWF can be said to be in the category of F-16 Block 70/72 Gripen NG, Mirage-2000. Basically Tejas MK-2 will be "Desi/Indian" Gripen.
Can be ... going to be... Blah blah...

Fanboi i understand you are new into this and appreciate your enthusiasm.

Rest it is light category fighter for IAF in the line of Mirage 2k .

Super Flanker

Country flag
Can be ... going to be... Blah blah...

Fanboi i understand you are new into this and appreciate your enthusiasm.

Rest it is light category fighter for IAF in the line of Mirage 2k .
I am not understanding what you are trying to say? Are you trying to say that Tejas MK2 is light weight Category Aircraft?

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I am not understanding what you are trying to say? Are you trying to say that Tejas MK2 is light weight Category Aircraft?
It is in light category for IAF. Yes it has increased from base variant LCA but Just because for marketing purpose we call it MWF doesn't mean different for IAF.

And it doesn't matter either that you have to point it or discuss on that further.

vishnugupt

Country flag
It is in light category for IAF. Yes it has increased from base variant LCA but Just because for marketing purpose we call it MWF doesn't mean different for IAF.

And it doesn't matter either that you have to point it or discuss on that further.
Could you please explain us the philosophy behind this unique Light, Medium and heavy weight fighter??

Or these bogus categories artificially created by corrupt generals to import all sort of fighter jets to generate more kickback money??

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I think that there will not be any TD. Only LSP.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Hey guys noob here. Just wanted to ask one thing. I have been checking out Tejas mk.2's specifications on the wiki and there I saw that it has a wing area of 44m^2. Now I have seen wing areas of various fighter jets and this wing area is comparable to rafale which is twin-engine aircraft. My question is won't this have an adverse effect on the dogfighting capabilities of this jet also if having more wing area is better then what are the advantages that this jet will have???
Yes, it increases the drag but gives the fighter the ability to fly higher and carry more payload. On flip side, it reduces the maneuverability and speed.

Super Flanker

Country flag

How is Tejas MK2 going to be in Light Category? Kindly explain all of this Confusion here?

Please explain how you would classify than a Fighter of Medium, Light and heavy weight Category according to you?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
At this slow aircraft induction rate , "Imported" Air Force will be down to ~20 squadrons by 2030 . Two front war my aśš.:frusty:
Arrey Bheem , shant , introduce yourself on new member thread first , and don't go by views of blackpilled comments , lot of things like CATS warrior etc are coming

Arpuster

Country flag
MK2 will have supercruise and stealth features.

See this HAL CMD has confirmed tejas mk2 will supercruise. Additionally it will have stealth features also

Maveli

Country flag
See this HAL CMD has confirmed tejas mk2 will supercruise. Additionally it will have stealth features also
OMG that article! :confused1:

Extracts:

R. Madhavan- So we are trying to do it as quickly as possible, but then that is a total leap as far as the technologies are concerned. So we have new technologies, internal-efficient storages, then a few sensors, stealth features. So there are so many new technologies. It takes some time, because it’s the first time we are trying to develop many of them. So it will take some time. It’s not like it is an upgrade from Mark1.

Manish K. Jha- So it’s like entirely a shift to 6th generation aircraft?

R. Madhavan- And also from a single engine to a dual engine version. So all these things are involved and then it has a new, like 360 degrees situational awareness. There are so many things – new sensors – so it is a new development and that takes time.

Manish K. Jha- So the ‘stealth’ is a key feature of MK2?

R. Madhavan- Stealth is there. Super cruise is one of them--The super cruise speed.

So are they talking about Tejas Mk2 or AMCA? Dual engine Mk2?

I tried to make some sense of it, but I had to resort to paracetamol. When that didn't work, alcohol.

FactsPlease

Country flag
1st Prototype of MWF will roll out by Late 2022 or early 2023. But this too seems to be quite Ambitious, Maybe it might Get Delayed as well. Can't say.
Just few pages back you said late-2022/early-2023 is firm schedule and we should have faith in our scientists.
Now you say that schedule is ambitious. You got any further info? or care to clarify those scientists deserve our faith or else.

Articles