ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Tarang radar warning receivers, Mayavi (Or may be something similar)
Tarang and Mayavi are quite old analog systems that suffer from interference from other sensors and pods. You can say they are quite obsolete.
Both Tarang and Mayavi are going to be replaced by DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS).

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Tarang and Mayavi are quite old analog systems that suffer from interference from other sensors and pods. You can say they are quite obsolete.
Both Tarang and Mayavi are going to be replaced by DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS).
Any reports on that?

onlinpunit

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So what is HAL going to say 1st August if the 4 FOC aircraft promised are not transferred to an IAF establishment by then? Will HAL say they are late completing the aircraft or will they say IAF is late in preparing to receive them? Or will nothing be said by either party since that would avoid an admission of failure?
Who will ask them ?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That is whu i used word their equipment. Tarand is already their but in its new Avatar which is much more efficient.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Dare UEWS was earlier know as Mayavi....
DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS) is developed as successor, a follow on project to both Tarang and Mayavi.
It is developed carrying forward the development progress achieved in Tarang, Mayavi and similar allied projects.
Instead of stand-alone and loosely coupled system as Tarang, Mayavi, etc. DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS) will tightly integrate all sensors, jammers and other EW warfare units not limited to RWR, jammers, radars, etc.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS) is developed as successor, a follow on project to both Tarang and Mayavi.
It is developed carrying forward the development progress achieved in Tarang, Mayavi and similar allied projects.
Instead of stand-alone and loosely coupled system as Tarang, Mayavi, etc. DARE Unified Electronic Warfare Suite (UEWS) will tightly integrate all sensors, jammers and other EW warfare units not limited to RWR, jammers, radars, etc.
Mayavi was fully digital EW with data fusion...
You're mistaking it with the Tarang RWR...

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
No info on it with proper description till now , any osint you know ??
I had a pdf on it few years on my tab which is now dysfunctional,it said that Mayavi was able to act against 5 targets during its initial tests,the system was fully digital with all the data processed at one place.....

pipebomb

Country flag
What option does HAL has to start production of MWF before they complete full development testing, say around 2024-2025.

I think they should have the confidence to test the major parameters like top speed, max AOA, str etc on early(1st or 2nd) prototypes in 1-2 year from rollout in 2022 (unlike lca which attempted these parameters during the last leg of foc testing). So they can achieve ioc and make sure no major changes required to the airframe later on. And start production run simultaneously carry out development testing for foc. I am not suggesting something as extreme as concurrency like in f-35.

I say this because if MWF delivery start from 2025-2026, there will be less of a reason to order 114 mrca(or whatever its called now) anf IAF can make do with a second batch of 36 Rafale order. If AMCA is not available when mig-29 and jaguar retires we can order a third batch of 36 more Rafales.

The point of all this is keeping twin engine fighters IAF inventory low because these fighters are OPEX intensive.

IAF for the same budget can get more fighter aircraft which is necessary as they transition into theatre command structure

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles