ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

bose

Country flag
is it really under development . what about SFDR.
My understanding is SFDR [ Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet] is the technology to be applied / used into the next generation of ASTRA [ A2A] missile ... It uses some sort of throttling the fuel to give high maneuverability to chase and kill the target.

METEOR has SFDR if I am not wrong ...

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
hal said that they can develop afterburning module of htfe25 in 5 years .
After burning in 5 years is too late. If it can come in 2-3 years, Jaguar Engines can be replaced. Else I see a great option in Mig 35. Put our own electronics and AESA radar along with Astra, SFDR and ASRRAM. Bloody US company asks for 180 crore for 2 engines is just tooooooo much.

IndianHawk

Country flag
After burning in 5 years is too late. If it can come in 2-3 years, Jaguar Engines can be replaced. Else I see a great option in Mig 35. Put our own electronics and AESA radar along with Astra, SFDR and ASRRAM. Bloody US company asks for 180 crore for 2 engines is just tooooooo much.
Mig35 offers nothing over mwf . Same payload . In fact mwf will be much more stealthy and much better reliability with low cost of operations.

Whatever we buy have to trump mwf now and that is only rafale.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Mig35 offers nothing over mwf . Same payload . In fact mwf will be much more stealthy and much better reliability with low cost of operations.

Whatever we buy have to trump mwf now and that is only rafale.
You are right but I am talking about emergency purchase in case we can not Upgrade jaguar engine.Bloody US company asks for Rs 180 crore for two engines. Mig 35 can do the Job in 250 Crore with our own electronics. If are in no hurry to maintain Squadron strength, we can wait for MWF.

noobmaster69

Country flag
Brahmos NG and SCALP are two different missiles. SCALP is way more manuverable than Brahmos owing to its subsonic speed. Brahmos is basically a Mach 2.8 bullet.
I know bro that they are two different missiles but seeing that they both have similar operational range and perhaps similar costs... Isn't it better to go with the more indigenous Brahmos NG in bulk right out of the gate rather that the imported or license built Scalps? Which of these two do you guys reckon is more effective and better suited to the IAF?

noobmaster69

Country flag
You are right but I am talking about emergency purchase in case we can not Upgrade jaguar engine.Bloody US company asks for Rs 180 crore for two engines. Mig 35 can do the Job in 250 Crore with our own electronics. If are in no hurry to maintain Squadron strength, we can wait for MWF.
A few Mig-35s as a stopgap purchase is indeed a good idea. The IAF already operates the Mig-29s after all. Should be easier on maintenance and logistics support.

DG7867

Country flag
does anyone have any idea if there are plans to integrate precision munitions like 500 lb hsld to those MERs?

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
A few Mig-35s as a stopgap purchase is indeed a good idea. The IAF already operates the Mig-29s after all. Should be easier on maintenance and logistics support.
We are already in the process of buying some 21 Mig 29. If we are unable to maintain Squadron strength, Mig 35 is a very good option to maintain strength at low cost.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
strong determination is required other wise there are plenty of things to kill our indegeneous program.
One can always put very good technologies (Electronics , EW etc) but what about outdated platform. F 21 is an old design. You can put best electronics in any platform but you can not change the design of the platform. F 21 will remain Draggy with design limitations. rest of the things can be latest except Design.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
We are already in the process of buying some 21 Mig 29. If we are unable to maintain Squadron strength, Mig 35 is a very good option to maintain strength at low cost.
I think that's why mmrca-2,for technology go to rafale for cheap go to mig-35,but in both you don't get anything worthwhile for indigineous industry development maybe that's why clause to build in India is being added.

Bhurki

Mig35 offers nothing over mwf .
?
Mig35 is a weight class above mwf with mtow of 25 tons. Its more like F16/J10 than M2k or mwf.
Mig35 has 18 tons of thrust...
MWF is suppossed to have 12 tons at best ( only with epe ) while the engine which is suppossed to be powering it INS6 is 10 tons only.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Watch the video of Tarmak007. He says it's Rudram 3 ,a heavy standoff weapon under development.

Sent from my SM-M307F using Tapatalk
I had the pic of rudram 2 model for a long long time

And it looks nowhere near like the model of cruise missile shown on MWF which is subsonic.

Rudram is a high supersonic air to ground missile .

One of its main USP is its warhead and trajectory management for high AoA

There is 3 variants / types of rudram

1. Rudram 2
2. Rudram 2a
3. Rudram 3

klkjj.jpg

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
FB_IMG_1580371259944.jpg

Cats program for developing stand off munitions etc from hal and private JV , and some from drdo

Does the cruise missile shown in the pic and MWF is same as SCALP as some are claiming ?

Note the intakes on the side of the cruise missile in the pic

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
To replace older jaguars we can order more mk1a.
HV thakur is on record saying mk1a has similar endurance to jaguar . Mk1a also has more capable aesa then jaguar ( more tr modules) .

Mk1a can replace jaguar very well. It already has lighting pod and aesa and spj/ew. Things we will have to put into mig35mki.

We are already ordering 83 order 40-60 more and build them faster.

IndianHawk

Country flag
?
Mig35 is a weight class above mwf with mtow of 25 tons. Its more like F16/J10 than M2k or mwf.
Mig35 has 18 tons of thrust...
MWF is suppossed to have 12 tons at best ( only with epe ) while the engine which is suppossed to be powering it INS6 is 10 tons only.
Of course mig35 has more thrust as it has higher mtow and is twin engine.

Compare performance parameters not weight and thrust. Mwf with 6.5 ton payload will lift as much as mig35. Mig35 will have higher twr but mwf will have much lower RCS.

Besides mwf is all Indian in avionics / radar and weaponry. Iaf won't touch mig35 it is buying additional mig29 because they need no new Infra.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles