ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Advaidhya Tiwari

I think (as usual) you've lost track of the subject matter of the conversation. Reread the thread and comment again if u wish.
Don't change the topic. You were trying to say that Tejas Mk1A and MK2 would take lot of time as design testing is lengthy. Whereas I am saying that more than physical design, it is the Integration of software that takes the most amount of time.

Hence with the software integration already mastered by India, the time for development will be cut down

tsunami

Country flag
The empty weight will be higher as increase in 1.35m length (as said in livefist interview), increase in engine size & its chassis, addition on internal system like IRST, EW suite etc will increase the empty weight from current 6.6 ton to 7.5 ton. Additional weight like pilot, coolant etc will be another 500kg. So, the expected payload may be 6ton. 6.5ton is only desirable payload but may not be practical
I have calculated 500 Kg of additional weight.
Also 6.6 tons currently is being called overweight, they will try to implement weight reduction measures in Mk2.

But anyway all we can do is calculations till 2023 if not more :scared2:

Advaidhya Tiwari

I have calculated 500 Kg of additional weight.
Also 6.6 tons currently is being called overweight, they will try to implement weight reduction measures in Mk2.

But anyway all we can do is calculations till 2023 if not more :scared2:
There can be very little weight reduction. One has to be realistic about weight. Even Mig21 with small size weighed 5.8ton. One can't simply reduce weight jist like that. So, even MWF will have higher weight according to its size increase and equipment addition.

Enquirer

Don't change the topic. You were trying to say that Tejas Mk1A and MK2 would take lot of time as design testing is lengthy. Whereas I am saying that more than physical design, it is the Integration of software that takes the most amount of time.

Hence with the software integration already mastered by India, the time for development will be cut down
I made no such assertion!
I merely said that it takes several years between a prototype and production-ready model!
You just went bang bang on stuff I don't know what!

As an example of how even a new variants of an old model requires a lot of time in testing, I cited ALH-LCH!
You just went bang bang on stuff I don't know what!

tsunami

Country flag
There can be very little weight reduction. One has to be realistic about weight. Even Mig21 with small size weighed 5.8ton. One can't simply reduce weight jist like that. So, even MWF will have higher weight according to its size increase and equipment addition.
There is only 300 kg weight difference in what I am calculating and what you are.

I am saying 7200 Kg you are saying 7500. And regarding Mig-21... I didn't knew it had carbon composite structure.

chetan chopade

Capability wise ranking from above picture.

1) Rafale and Eurofighter
2) Tejas MK2, F 16, Saab Gripen
3) J 10.
do not agree... "give the devil its due"...J10 is a good machine- in service- bigger and better than current stage of mk2 project:truestory:

Reactions: Kay

Advaidhya Tiwari

There is only 300 kg weight difference in what I am calculating and what you are.

I am saying 7200 Kg you are saying 7500. And regarding Mig-21... I didn't knew it had carbon composite structure.
MiG21 didn't have composites. Bit composites are only 33% weight saving compared to aluminum. 60% of Tejas airframe is composite which reduces weight by 20%. But the weight of a plane comes from various other parts like internal LRU, fuel tank etc which are not composites. So, Mig21 with such small airframe and minimal LRU weighing 5.8ton only shows the limits of weight reduction.

About 7.5ton, I am saying that minimum weight is 7.5ton, not estimated weight. We should however wait till 2022-23 before making any more speculation. Till then it is best if conservative estimate of 6ton payload os kept in mind instead of 6.5ton desired payload

harish.kaks

I heard in one of the videos of aero India , that the rear fuselage diameter is increased in mwf to accommodate a bigger engine. But I think f404 and f414 are of same diameter. Can any one throw some light in this ?

tejas warrior

Country flag
Can someone share picture of NP5 under making which was shared here sometime back.. unable to track it back.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
How much fuel does the Mk-2 carry?

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Shashwat

Country flag
^^ Can't say for certain but it will be around 3300-3400kg internal.

Prashant12

Country flag
HAL Ramps Up LCA Production and Looks to the Mk2

HAL displayed the air force version of the MWF/LCA Mk2 in model form at the recent Aero India show. (Photo: Neelam Mathews)

naval version of the LCA Mk2 will require an increased-thrust engine, reduced weight, an increased wing area, and a tailhook. “We have to move on towards a twin-engined deck-based CATOBAR [aatapult assisted take-off but arrested recovery] fighter,” chief of naval staff Sunil Lanba told AIN.

Beyond the LCA program, the Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) is India’s fifth-generation fighter planned for production once the LCA Mk2 design is frozen. It is said to be designed for swing role, with BVR and close-combat capability, and precision strike. Madhavan said that a manufacturing partner would be sought for the AMCA.

A model of the LCA Mk1A was also on show at Aero India. This version introduces a refueling probe. (Photo: Neelam Mathews)

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-03-11/hal-ramps-lca-production-and-looks-mk2

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
IS Mig 21 small in size? Compared to what it is small sized? Tejas Mk1 or Mk2? It is not smaller than either of the two.

Weight reduction is very much possible in Tejas Mk1. Some of the areas are more composite, Landing gears, cables, Redesigning of wings etc. Many LRUS are over-engineered since they were made first time. I think few hundred KG reduction is very much possible. If Tejas' weight is reduced to 6200 kg or even 6100 kg, its capability will improve by great deal. Aerodynamic tweaks and weight reduction is a key to transform Tejas Mk1.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles