ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Vilander

Country flag
100+ is the best guess most experts have given various constraining factors (like nuclear energy being given the rightful priority over missile use of available Uranium).
Some assumptions for that are as below.

by end of 2014 it was assumed that India had 550 kg of weapons grade plutonium, 200kg of HEU, 3 metric tons of separated reactor grade plutonium. Base assumption that only 70% of the stockpile of WGP is used for weapons, rest in reserve. India does not use HEU or the reactor grade plutonium to create weapons.

100 number is an educated guess based on the above. Above all the assumptions on stockpiles were based on judgement of Indian motivation or lack thereof, to create weapons grade plutonium and or use separated reactor grade for weapons, since India is a responsible nuclear power who does not want to use nukes. Any attempt to skew public discourse to any excessive stockpiling of nuclear material by India or 900-2000 warheads etc should be avoided.

Basically we will never know, but guess it is 100-125.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Tejas MK 2

CFD pictures with canards & inlets move forward

A stunner in the works this #Tejas_LCA mk2!!!!

From BharathRakshak

are they gonna put canard on glass of the cockpit??
I believe Levcon would be a better idea ...

power_monger

Country flag
Tejas MK 2

CFD pictures with canards & inlets move forward

A stunner in the works this #Tejas_LCA mk2!!!!

From BharathRakshak

For any jet fighter engine, radar and fly control software and weapon system are the most important ones. Now that we are almost getting Kaveri engine readied hopefully we see mk2 with Kaveri engine , uttam radar ready with Astra mk1 , mk2 and sfdr missile weapons in its kitty. That will be one beautifully day I am waiting for.

Enquirer

For any jet fighter engine, radar and fly control software and weapon system are the most important ones. Now that we are almost getting Kaveri engine readied hopefully we see mk2 with Kaveri engine , uttam radar ready with Astra mk1 , mk2 and sfdr missile weapons in its kitty. That will be one beautifully day I am waiting for.
The 'almost ready' Kaveri is not of 98 KN thrust!
So, that chances of Kaveri powering even Mk2 is remote as of now............

Enquirer

Obviously the canards will be fitted to the fuselage and not the canopy!
What's the rationale for Levcon over Canard? Canards are complex to design but will provide more maneuverability.

Kchontha

Country flag
NLCA MK2 should have a foldable wings.
Big big breaking regarding this system According to some reports there is a possibility of an order of 46 N LCA Mk. II for IndianNavy by 2025
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Big big breaking regarding this system According to some reports there is a possibility of an order of 46 N LCA Mk. II for IndianNavy by 2025
If this is true, I wonder about the change of heart in the Navy...... did some senior officer get posted out and was replaced by a more honest one?
Whatever happened to the "no single engine fighter from carriers" logic?

But it could be due to the fact that LCA MkII is now MCA, so greater combat radius....

Some day, maybe in 2030, we might see K9 (engine, not the howitzer :laugh:) replace GE 414 in Tejas Mk-II.

Narasimh

Country flag
Yeah it kind of looks like its too close to the side of canopy.. I am wondering if it will be a cause of hinderance in the visibility for the pilots although it must be preliminary design and not final one.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Obviously the canards will be fitted to the fuselage and not the canopy!
What's the rationale for Levcon over Canard? Canards are complex to design but will provide more maneuverability.
Same like Su 57 have.... Frankly I don't see any place in present design where they can put canard.... If they put in the side of cockfic then LCA will have wing surface from head to toe....

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Same like Su 57 have.... Frankly I don't see any place in present design where they can put canard.... If they put in the side of cockfic then LCA will have wing surface from head to toe....
They will lengthen the fuselage to accommodate the canards. Look at the air intakes, they moved forward.

"cockfic" :rofl:

Advaidhya Tiwari

Indian engine is about 82kN in ISA+20C and flat rating condition which amounts to 96kN in ISA condition. Similarly, the dry thrust is 54kN in ISA+20C but is 61-62kN in ISA conditions. Kaveri will work in derated mode if needed too. But, it is capable of being used for MK2. The original specs of Kaveri was changed in 2006 and expected to rival F414

Enquirer

You're mixing apples & oranges!
Su57 has thrust vectoring; as such, it can attain super-maneuverability with just Levcons! Tejas does not have thrust vectoring as such Canards can help in improving maneuverability!

Enquirer

Indian engine is about 82kN in ISA+20C and flat rating condition which amounts to 96kN in ISA condition. Similarly, the dry thrust is 54kN in ISA+20C but is 61-62kN in ISA conditions. Kaveri will work in derated mode if needed too. But, it is capable of being used for MK2. The original specs of Kaveri was changed in 2006 and expected to rival F414
Are you willing to share any source material that outlines thrust outputs for Kaveri & F414 at various temperature/pressure conditions?
Personally I haven't read of any claim by DRDO that the present Kaveri rating is for ISA+20C! Why would DRDO deviate from the industry norms to present their product in poor light? On the contrary, DRDO invents their own ways to boost the image of its products.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Are you willing to share any source material that outlines thrust outputs for Kaveri & F414 at various temperature/pressure conditions?
Personally I haven't read of any claim by DRDO that the present Kaveri rating is for ISA+20C! Why would DRDO deviate from the industry norms to present their product in poor light? On the contrary, DRDO invents their own ways to boost the image of its products.
No, it is always the case about ISA+20. I have heard it in many videos while top navy, airforce or scientists have spoken. It is not in textual form and hence I can't give reference. Apparently, the argument is that Indian conditions are too diverse and hence requires higher standards. It does present things in poor light and I am not sure why it is still insisted to be ISA+20C condition instead of being shown as higher specs at ISA conditions.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Close coupled canards help to increase lift and to energize airflow to help vertical stabilizer authority in high AoA.
Levcon is probably less potent in these area.
But the two together... a nice idea (but it remains to be fully studied)

Enquirer

Close coupled canards help to increase lift and to energize airflow to help vertical stabilizer authority in high AoA.
Levcon is probably less potent in these area.
But the two together... a nice idea (but it remains to be fully studied)
Levcons & Canards on the same aircraft??
Where's the space? They obviously cannot overlap!
At the outset doesn't make sense.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Levcons & Canards on the same aircraft??
Where's the space? They obviously cannot overlap!
At the outset doesn't make sense.

On this pic the canards are over and in front of the Levcons.
I don't know if this pic is near or not a real design (specially the location of canards too near the canopy...), but it's all but a non sens.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles