ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yeah the Murican-muscle style... But our AMCA is differently designed.
But what's the harm if it bangs like american and Designed like european , can overcome Russian , kill the chinks and at core the hardwork , design , operational paramters are indian.

@Bleh ,if we look in some future ahead , can we expect some cuda like missile but a little bit more shorter for 10 km range with better manuverability and cost effective for wvr combat , some odd dozen missile fitted in a conveyer chain like arrangement internally , launcher that can lauch it 360 degree so no need to bleed energy in engaging target behind , fitted between engine or just behind main bays , can even replace cannon and all accessories for cannon , fighter will most probably not be used for firing on ground enemy due to manpads , only use is wvr , which can be replaced by it , unlike older american plane ,tech is mature now , we can replace it with this in near future , will provide better kill probabilities

MirageBlue

Country flag
Who is calculating it with air to air weapons load?
the concept of checking if the platform is able to perform upto it’s potential is with full fuel capacity which gives it the maximum time in air and bigger combat radius.
&
We need T/W ratio 1 or more because the thrust-to-weight ratio of a combat aircraft is a good indicator of the maneuverability of the aircraft. Aircraft with a high thrust to weight ratio will also have a high value of excess thrust. High excess thrust results in a high rate of climb. If the thrust to weight ratio is greater than one and the drag is small, the aircraft can accelerate straight up!

If u can’t even educate yourself about it on your own that shows how dumb you are thus I wouldn’t waste my time by replying to you further !!👏🏻

Here to converse with Intellects & thus having a sincere discussions!!🙏🏻
Ok, basically you've displayed your own level of intellect. It's called an inlet shock cone, not a NOSE CONE. And since you relate it's presence with that of the T/W of the Mirage-2000, your own level of knowledge becomes apparent.

Just because a M2k can fly nearly at Mach 2 with the variable geometry inlets, doesn't mean it has a T/W ratio of 1.

Anyway, I have no interest in talking to halfwits with part knowledge but full attitude. Those who know me, know how much I know. I don't need to prove anything to guys like you.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Absolutely gorgeous!

Is this Kuntal Biswas' model?
Yep.. There used to be one, but that was not very good. This is much better, even more accurate than the AMCA (where little guesswork had to be done due to absence of proper side-view).

The LCA will be discarded too. Replaced by a better FOC, Mark1A (ADA's modified fighter, check LCA thread) & LIFT. Last one to be done with CATS, so isn't coming soon. @Kuntal got lot on his plate right now 😁

MirageBlue

Country flag
Yep.. There used to be one, but that was not very good. This is much better, even more accurate than the AMCA (where little guesswork had to be done due to absence of proper side-view).

The LCA will be discarded too. Replaced by a better FOC, Mark1A (ADA's modified fighter, check LCA thread) & LIFT. Last one to be done with CATS, so isn't coming soon. @Kuntal got lot on his plate right now 😁
The earlier Mk2 had some inaccuracies since it was based off what was then known as the MWF design. Now that HAL and ADA revealed it fully at AI-2021 it is very accurate. Would love to see it with it's landing gear as well..this Tejas Mk2 will look a lot better than the Tejas Mk1 on that front as well, with long landing gear legs to accomodate ALCM on the center pylon.

LCA, well the FOC and Mk1A will see very few or even imperceptible external changes from the IOC fighters except for the air to air probe.

But yes, he has a lot on his plate with TEDBF, AMCA, Tejas Mk2 MWF and Tejas Mk1A..

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Ok @HariPrasad-1 I take back what I said. There's a chance.. but like, a veeeeerry slim one.

Beta. Tu looks pe mat ja re!.. Both Kf-X & Raptor have shit aerodynamics, not even area ruled.

AMCA is much more efficient design... It doesn't look slick because of that (same as MWF). Someday I'll find the CFD & drag analysis data, but by looking through naked eyes one can still tell they've been refining for better area-rule coefficients. At similar weight & T/W of Mig-29 it'll significantly outperform by sheer aerodynamic superiority.
In my opinion, slick designs are getting more popular. They have lower drag because of better area ruling compliance. Gripen E, YF 23 Euro fighters etc are example.

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Ok @HariPrasad-1 I take back what I said. There's a chance.. but like, a veeeeerry slim one.

Beta. Tu looks pe mat ja re!.. Both Kf-X & Raptor have shit aerodynamics, not even area ruled.

AMCA is much more efficient design... It doesn't look slick because of that (same as MWF). Someday I'll find the CFD & drag analysis data, but by looking through naked eyes one can still tell they've been refining for better area-rule coefficients. At similar weight & T/W of Mig-29 it'll significantly outperform by sheer aerodynamic superiority.
I hope you are right. Area ruling looked quite good for the earlier designs. The latest ones showed during the Aero India 2021 didn't quite looked alright. Maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me due to the incorporation of dsi. And nobody clicked how the model shown, looks from the top
Desperately waiting to see more data..

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Shows you have no idea about designs
Just making exact raptor design won't make your aircraft have similar RCS
Easy mate. Yes, I don't have an aeronautical background. I said so on one of my first posts on DFI. I wasn't talking about the rcs at all, more about aerodynamics. I am not dissing at the project or anything. I would be happy if I am wrong on that one.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
But what's the harm if it bangs like american and Designed like european , can overcome Russian , kill the chinks and at core the hardwork , design , operational paramters are indian.
C.O.S.T.

Both for price, maintenance & operational.

MirageBlue

Country flag
I hope you are right. Area ruling looked quite good for the earlier designs. The latest ones showed during the Aero India 2021 didn't quite looked alright. Maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me due to the incorporation of dsi. And nobody clicked how the model shown, looks from the top
Just looking at something won't necessarily tell you whether it's area ruled or not.

The fact is that ADA and DRDO have learnt their lesson from the Tejas program where the initial design had some flaws as far as area ruling goes. There were several studies launched to study how to improve the area ruling and reduce drag. That's how the Tejas Mk2 canopy ended up looking so different than that on the Tejas Mk1.

Now area ruling is very much a part and parcel of the initial design process itself. The design WILL NOT CLEAR PDR unless it is shown to cater to area ruling concept.

gutenmorgen

Country flag
Just looking at something won't necessarily tell you whether it's area ruled or not.

The fact is that ADA and DRDO have learnt their lesson from the Tejas program where the initial design had some flaws as far as area ruling goes. There were several studies launched to study how to improve the area ruling and reduce drag. That's how the Tejas Mk2 canopy ended up looking so different than that on the Tejas Mk1.

Now area ruling is very much a part and parcel of the initial design process itself. The design WILL NOT CLEAR PDR unless it is shown to cater to area ruling concept.
I do have trust in ADA's skill. Its just that from the front, the model looked quite draggy. And somehow, the front fuselage looked bloated. Ofc, since we don't even have the exact dimensions (I think), we can only eyeball it.
Does somebody has a pic of the Aero India 2021 model from the top??

SavageKing456

Country flag
Easy mate. Yes, I don't have an aeronautical background. I said so on one of my first posts on DFI. I wasn't talking about the rcs at all, more about aerodynamics. I am not dissing at the project or anything. I would be happy if I am wrong on that one.
Ok.
Tbh amca is all over different fighter.
Can't discuss here though cause appropriate thread is already there

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Ok, basically you've displayed your own level of intellect. It's called an inlet shock cone, not a NOSE CONE. And since you relate it's presence with that of the T/W of the Mirage-2000, your own level of knowledge becomes apparent.
58AC180D-E5E9-4770-8156-01691EDA4394.jpeg

Tech Industry is getting patents on the very same name and he acts as if he knows everything!!😅
inlet nose cone, inlet cone, shock cone or nose cone all means the same.
Intellects can get that!😜
&
What happened to his quest of proving T/W ratio is not important🤫

OnePunchMan

Country flag
View attachment 88042
Tech Industry is getting patents on the very same name and he acts as if he knows everything!!😅
inlet nose cone, inlet cone, shock cone or nose cone all means the same.
Intellects can get that!😜
&
What happened to his quest of proving T/W ratio is not important🤫
@Ar.gaurav28 @MirageBlue
fellas we are all here to learn and discuss national security issues let's be respectful to each other, it's always a good thing to be polite and humble, let's not act like pakis.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Area ruling was main reason why Tejas could not meet Performance parameters and 0.5 meter plug was planned initially. Saab Gripen exploits full potential of the plane because of its aerodynamics. We have corrected a whole loads of thing in Mk2.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Area ruling was main reason why Tejas could not meet Performance parameters and 0.5 meter plug was planned initially. Saab Gripen exploits full potential of the plane because of its aerodynamics. We have corrected a whole loads of thing in Mk2.
Yeah but,Saab gripen had a lot of support from LM whereas we had to do it on our own. Mk2 looks promising & the new design of TEDBF shows we are exalting in this department now!
Just our bureaucracy needs improvement asap!

OnePunchMan

Country flag
To be honest i don't care bout AMCA , ORCA or TEDBF i just want to see hundreds of tejas MK1A and MK2 inducted in IAF and we can finally retire all the MIGS , it will streamline logistics and significantly improve overall fleet availability and bring IAF truly in a new age with 4+ gen overall fleet.

i just hope we pump out TEJAS in huge numbers and maybe buy some sukhois to account for attrition and used mirage 2000 to support the fleet strength temporarily as a stopgap measure, but no more foreign fighter after rafale.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Yeah but,Saab gripen had a lot of support from LM whereas we had to do it on our own. Mk2 looks promising & the new design of TEDBF shows we are exalting in this department now!
Just our bureaucracy needs improvement asap!
Yes, but that is an another issue. I discuss aerodynamics.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
To be honest i don't care bout AMCA , ORCA or TEDBF i just want to see hundreds of tejas MK1A and MK2 inducted in IAF and we can finally retire all the MIGS , it will streamline logistics and significantly improve overall fleet availability and bring IAF truly in a new age with 4+ gen overall fleet.

i just hope we pump out TEJAS in huge numbers and maybe buy some sukhois to account for attrition and used mirage 2000 to support the fleet strength temporarily as a stopgap measure, but no more foreign fighter after rafale.
I completely agree with you, hoping to see a 170-200 order of mk2 soon.
But, would prefer buying more rafale than sukhoi as low availability and high maintenance!
egypt signed the contract for 30 more for $4.5billion. Getting 36-72 more rafale will give a immense qualitative boost to IAF!
They are the next best thing after Stealth fighter & carry nukes if needed for China!

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I completely agree with you, hoping to see a 170-200 order of mk2 soon.
But, would prefer buying more rafale than sukhoi as low availability and high maintenance!
egypt signed the contract for 30 more for $4.5billion. Getting 36-72 more rafale will give a immense qualitative boost to IAF!
They are the next best thing after Stealth fighter & carry nukes if needed for China!
Sukhoi is a dated plane now. Any Good medium weight modern plane be better than Sukhois.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles