ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaliwalWarrior

I pity morons who accuse Indian army personals who bite bullet so morons like you sit in your laptop and blog freely , drdo and hal quota scientist have been wasting taxpayers money on junks failed projects like arjun and tejas and that's bottom line , want to believe it or not but truth remains
i pity you if you think that the person who faces the bullet on battlefield makes decision on wether to buy arjun or T-90

those decision are made by generals who dont even go visit training ranges anymore and are more worried about balances in their swiss accounts than the lifes of soldiers on battlefield

Lone Ranger

i pity you if you think that the person who faces the bullet on battlefield makes decision on wether to buy arjun or T-90

those decision are made by generals who dont even go visit training ranges anymore and are more worried about balances in their swiss accounts than the lifes of soldiers on battlefield
and general fall from sky ? You show your ignorance if you think IA/IF think tank is comprised of only generals .
Mr you all velha bloggers have no right to question integrity of army personals

Last edited:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

and general fall from sky ? You show your ignorance if you think IA/IF think tank is comprised of only generals .
I really appreciate your patience, explaining again & again, to those retards & morons who never read the thread completely for understanding capabilities of LCA.

Moreover, I found myself at loss of word, when an idiot reiterates his ignorance, despite being explained for maximum possible duration.
SO you are super cop now. Please tell me if publicly accusing DRDO is good for the country or a paying profession for you?

Once again. this is not a thread about,warning people about " publicly accusing indian armed forces on public forums can be a criminal offence and can be used against you".

Do you have the sense to understand that? It is being said fourth or fifth time.

Go to the appropriate thread, quote any one of us and take the discussion there. No one will bother you.

if you have nothing to contribute to tejas thread, why are you ranting here?
I pity morons who does not understand the context..

No one blaming whole Indian Army personnel, problem is only with few top brass corrupted to the core and killing in house industries for their vested interests..

Let DRDO / HAL etc., first get their due fund properly on time.. Later will investigate about wasting tax payers money..

Morons who cant understand Research & Developments has no right to comment on these organizations.
I pity morons who accuse Indian army personals who bite bullet so morons like you sit in your laptop and blog freely , drdo and hal quota scientist have been wasting taxpayers money on junks failed projects like arjun and tejas and that's bottom line , want to believe it or not but truth remains
CAG report is available. That speaks volumes....

FYI

Guys this is Tejas thread..

PaliwalWarrior

normally yes but when

CAG points out what has been suspected - Army playing delaying tactics on arjun
ARMY tinkering with and Sabotaging indian products during trilas
Stringent ASQRs for domestic products relaxed ASQRs for foreign products (IA & IAF)
IAF wants to 30000 cr advance for rafale but not ready to invest 3000 in Stock of spares of SU30 - thus showing Su30 availablity in poor light

i can go on and on

but inhtink you get my drift

after all this issues it is not only right but a duty of every citizen to question the top bosses of IA & IAF

Anony86

Country flag
Aesa Radar " Uttam " for Tejas MK-II been tested Air-to-Air mode

The state-run Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) which has taken up the development of flight control radar for fighter aircraft with 100 km range and multi-mode operation. AESA radar development which has been started under Project " Uttam " which is a Sanskrit word for " Best " .

Realisation and calibration of prototype Active Aperture Array Antenna Unit (AAAU) has been completed with indigenous TR modules . DRDO currently has placed Airworthy radar processor and exciter receiver on a high rise platform in Mechanical Scanned Array (MSA) configuration for validation of various algorithms and wave-forms of the fie control radar .

Software development for air-air sub-modes have been completed and DRDO is testing Radar in Air-to-Air mode but crucial software block testing will be development of software which will allow air-to-ground modes which is crucial for aircraft to carryout high resolution mapping, multiple ground moving target detection and track, combat identification, electronic warfare, and ultra high bandwidth communications.

Project is still a long way from completion and DRDO still has not clarified if Israeli help has been sought in its development nor what level of indigenous content will be used in the radar . work on indigenous TR modules started in 1998 after successful development , Radar development was cleared in 2011-12 period . First Tejas MK-2 Prototype will take to sky by 2018-19 and will enter Production by 2022 and it is expected that AESA Uttam will be ready and enter Production.

Aesa Radar ” Uttam ” for Tejas MK-II been tested Air-to-Air mode | idrw.org

sjmaverick

Country flag
Food for thought for everybody.....is it good or Bad for Tejas.

The government on Tuesday sacked Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief Avinash Chander, putting up the exit order on the Department of Personnel and Training website even before informing him.

"I am hearing this from you. It has come as a shock to me. I haven't received any order from the government," Chander told HT exclusively.

The appointments committee of the cabinet (ACC) approved the termination of Chander's contract with effect from January 31, a good 16 months before it was to end. Strangely, the ACC order was taken off the DoPT website later in the day.

The sacking was first reported by HT on its website."It is the government's decision to end my contract but I had no indication this was coming. No idea why it has happened," the 64-year-old added.
The reasons for Chander's unceremonious exit could not be immediately ascertained but the DRDO had in August come in for sharp criticism from Prime Minister Narendra Modi over delays and cost overruns in key military programmes. Modi had said India had the potential to be a world leader in the defence sector but was being held back by a "chalta hai" attitude.

In another snub to him, the NDA government had last year turned down a DRDO request for grant of extension to four senior scientists who had attained the age of retirement.

Chander had retired on November 30, 2014 but was to hold charge till his contract expired on May 31, 2016. This was in line with his appointment order issued on May 31, 2013. The government had even issued an order on November 27 last year saying Chander would "continue to be in operation" for the next 18 months — making his sacking on Tuesday all the more unexpected.

As chief of India's premier defence research agency, Chander also held the posts of scientific adviser to the defence minister and secretary, department of defence R&D. He is credited with shaping India's strategic missile programme.

The DRDO was set up in 1958 to develop indigenous military technology and cut back on arms imports. But India holds the dubious distinction of being the world's largest weapons importer, sourcing 70% of its defence requirements from abroad.

A search panel headed by the cabinet secretary will pick Chander's replacement from among top DRDO scientists.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
I see that Arjun Brigade is in full swing, the same morons who think that some random think tanks know what is better for the armed forces than the armed forces themselves :tsk:.

I miss the objective analysis by @p2prada :(
Where is @p2prada?

I too miss him the most,

Since Saurav jha's authoritative tweet stated that tejas mk1 has reached an AOA of 26-27 degs , he is super quiet.

You should remember he used to say that YelCeeYae can not cross 20 deg AOA because of bad intake design which starves air.

But the poor Saurav jha has once again played a dirty trick by quoting DRDO aero DG Tamil mani, that the present Tejas mk1 air intake can handle the air intake needs of even the much more powerful GE-414(since both k-9 kaveri and Ge-414 had similar air inflow requirements.)

What is even more cruel is the cruel Saurav jha has once again quoted the same DRDO aero DF Tamilmani stating that with 0.5 meter fuselage addition in tejas mk2 drag will decrease 5 percent due to finess ratio!!!!(our prada guy was consistently saying that tejas mk1 has massive drag issues so it was stuck at mach 1.4 and sub sonic in sea level, it seems at the worst possible scenario it just had 5 percent reducable drag in its airframe)

And what is even more galling Saurav jha is tweeting quoting the same tamil Mani is that Tejas will achieve F-16 sustained turn rate in mk2 .

See most people used the CEMILAC report published by Dr Tamilmani to beat down tejas on drag front. SInce he himself is saying so many positive things about tejas now , these guys are vexed about how to go about their tejas beating ritual.

But there is another thing called Sancho doing the same ," crooked objective analysis " in forums across the border on exactly the same lines of our @p2prada guy,

For the time being you can lean on him till our @p2prada 's return.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

The Rafale team has understood there is trouble. When I started posting on this board, I was ridiculed and abused by the Rafale team. These are the people who were opposing all IAF procurements except Rafale. Rafale was supposed be the be all and end all for IAF.

In reality, Rafale is just a very expensive toy which will perform similar to Su-30 in an actual war but will cost at least twice as much.

LCA Tejas makes the most sense for India. India needs a cheap mass produced fighter which can fill all the non-descript airbases. Uber expensive Rafale has limited application in India.

sgarg

The LCA Tejas deliveries will begin to IAF soon. Two planes are already ready - SP1 and PV6 which can be delivered.

ADA has enough planes for completing FOC now.

The LSP series will also be brought to FOC standard and delivered to IAF after FOC.

Last edited:

akshay m

Where is @p2prada?

I too miss him the most,

Since Saurav jha's authoritative tweet stated that tejas mk1 has reached an AOA of 26-27 degs , he is super quiet.

You should remember he used to say that YelCeeYae can not cross 20 deg AOA because of bad intake design which starves air.

But the poor Saurav jha has once again played a dirty trick by quoting DRDO aero DG Tamil mani, that the present Tejas mk1 air intake can handle the air intake needs of even the much more powerful GE-414(since both k-9 kaveri and Ge-414 had similar air inflow requirements.)

What is even more cruel is the cruel Saurav jha has once again quoted the same DRDO aero DF Tamilmani stating that with 0.5 meter fuselage addition in tejas mk2 drag will decrease 5 percent due to finess ratio!!!!(our prada guy was consistently saying that tejas mk1 has massive drag issues so it was stuck at mach 1.4 and sub sonic in sea level, it seems at the worst possible scenario it just had 5 percent reducable drag in its airframe)

And what is even more galling Saurav jha is tweeting quoting the same tamil Mani is that Tejas will achieve F-16 sustained turn rate in mk2 .

See most people used the CEMILAC report published by Dr Tamilmani to beat down tejas on drag front. SInce he himself is saying so many positive things about tejas now , these guys are vexed about how to go about their tejas beating ritual.

But there is another thing called Sancho doing the same ," crooked objective analysis " in forums across the border on exactly the same lines of our @p2prada guy,

For the time being you can lean on him till our @p2prada 's return.

you will find @p2prada in sino defence forum as A Bar Brother

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a conformed news, IOC-2 grade Tejas being handed on 17th Jan of this year, Few Notes :

NEW DELHI: The first of the indigenous-built Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) is finally expected to be handed over to the IAF tomorrow.

This will be the start of a process of induction of the fighters being built at home under a project which has already estimated to have cost the exchequer over Rs 17,000 crore.

The first LCA is being handed over to the IAF after Initial Operational Clearance-II, which signifies that Tejas is airworthy in different conditions, sources said.

The Final Operational Clearance (FOC) is expected by the year-end.

"The aircraft is ready and we are trying to hand it over to the IAF tomorrow," the sources said.

The sources said 20 aircraft will be built by 2017-2018, to make the first squadron of the aircraft.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited's LCA Project Group has has been upgraded to a full-fledged division to look after production in a systematic way with more investments.

HAL has carried out around thousands of sorties of LCA and conducted outstation flight trials at Leh, Jamnagar, Jaisalmer, Uttaralai Gwalior, Pathankot and Goa for cold weather, armament and weapon deliveries, MultiMode Radar (MMR), Radar Warning Receiver (RWR), hot weather and missile firing flight trials, its officials have said.

Tejas has also successfully demonstrated weapon delivery capability during weapon trials at Jamnagar and Jaisalmer, HAL officials said.
Source : First Light Combat Aircraft likely to be handed over to IAF on January 17 - The Economic Times

PaliwalWarrior

@Warhawk

HAL is ready & willing to increase the production rate of Tejas from 8 to 16
has written to MoD
and is also willing to invest 50% funds
what does it mean

it means

HAL has upped the Ante in its fight with IAF

they have thrown the ball in the IAF / MoD court on the rate of production
they have shown their commitment to make the program succeed
They have thrown the gauntlet to the IAF as IAF has to agree to the accelerated production schedule

any blame for low rate of production & Induction in future of Tejas is being squarely transfeered to IAF right NOW

lets see what IAF / MoD does

also it means when Mk2 gets FOC it will have an 16 fighters per year assembly line ready to start rolling off from day 0

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Gov is already looking at Pvt sector for serial production of MK2 ..

In the mean time, HAL MUST have upgrade proposals for MK1 to MK2 grade as close as possible ..

============

In Aero India, HAL must showcase all kind of Tejas in A2A, A2G config for better publicity of this Indian made and design fighter ..

aero_sp

I think removal of DRDO chief off his post has happened due to his decision to close some of teh projects as he thought could not be delivered. Kaveri Engine is prominent of those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles