ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

halloweene

All of these are old designs not relevant at the design time of typhoon, grippen, tejas, and rafale air frames, .

If you google you can find the p-110 aerodynamic layout was current at that time, not the above ones you listed.

And it was the fore runner to both the grippen and typhoon with RSS aerodynamic lay out.
Gripen aerodynamic general layout is from Rockwell Collins.
Rafale is the direct son of Mirage 4000
Both SAAB and Dassault had significant experience with delta canards as BAé had zero.
For Typhoon, i'll let you have our own conclusions, but imho aerodynamic design is mostly german...

Mirage 4000 that was actually flying while P110 was just a model kit...

Santu

@ersakthivel,
let of give you some of very funny example of tejas critiques
one says 200mm dia seeker in 178mm astra missile
one don't know difference between pakfa and fgfa( just read the thread of this forum you will know there are many)
one says to have canards though it failed when drdo tested it on tejas
one wants range and payload but don't know that a light aircraft is not designed to eight for 4000km but for lower rcs
he want range and payload instead of low rcs
just ignore it , you are doing great job
Tejas has it's own advantages and disadvantages.. IMHO Tejas is a test bed for other fighters that will be developed by india. Leave about tejas capabilities.. If you induct 600 tejas instead of 120 rafales , i really donno how they can turn the war (as it depends on opponent and situation) but i can tell one thing.. it will raise the morale of engineers who worked for this project.. It will encourage private firms to come really into defence production.. It shows outside world that we trust our research labs n we are self reliant.. this is what India needs now.. in very near future say in another 5-10 years proability that india entering an full scale war is less.. SO THIS IS THE TIME WE GIVE SOME MORALE SUPPORT TO OUR DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS WHICH WILL INTURN HELP US TO GET REALLY GOOD AIR CRAFTS IN FUTURE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
@Santu
most of here saying same , though calling tejas a test bed is not right
do you calling a 4.5 gen fighter a test bed! Then what you will call to jf17, j10a, f16 I wonder , cause engineering of all of there is way inferior to others
tejas have every fighting capacity , though it is light weight , it is equal to many medium weight , superior to many
tejas have many advantage for one or two disadvantage
and all those disadvantage like range will be solved in mk2
tejas later will be fitted with aesa , and only one or two chinese fighters have aesa (j10b )

Sea Eagle

The IAF is close to inking a deal with European missile company MBDA for 384 ASRAAM imaging infrared homing Air-to-Air Missile as the new close combat missile for the Jaguar replacing the now obsolete Matra Magic R550. The ASRAAM was chosen by the IAF some time ago against the Rafael Advanced Systems Python-5 of Israel; the latter had been separately selected as the secondary close combat heat seeking missile for the LCA Tejas.

Air Defence Missiles from MBDA for the IAF » Indian Defence Review

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Gripen aerodynamic general layout is from Rockwell Collins.
Rafale is the direct son of Mirage 4000
Both SAAB and Dassault had significant experience with delta canards as BAé had zero.
For Typhoon, i'll let you have our own conclusions, but imho aerodynamic design is mostly german...

Mirage 4000 that was actually flying while P110 was just a model kit...

Eurofighter Typhoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1979, Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm (MBB) and British Aerospace (BAe) presented a formal proposal to their respective governments for the ECF, the European Collaborative Fighter[15] or European Combat Fighter.[13] In October 1979 Dassault joined the ECF team for a tri-national study, which became known as the European Combat Aircraft.[15] It was at this stage of development that the Eurofighter name was first attached to the aircraft.[16] The development of different national prototypes continued. France produced the ACX.

The UK produced two designs; the P.106[N 1]was a single-engined "lightweight" fighter, superficially resembling the JAS 39 Gripen, the P.110 was a twin-engined fighter. The P.106 concept was rejected by the RAF, on the grounds that it had "half the effectiveness of the two-engined aircraft at two thirds of the cost".[11] West Germany continued to refine the TKF-90 concept.[13]

The ECA project collapsed in 1981 for several reasons including differing requirements, Dassault's insistence on "design leadership" and the British preference for a new version of the RB199 to power the aircraft versus the French preference for the new Snecma M88.[16]

Consequently the Panavia partners (MBB, BAe and Aeritalia) launched the Agile Combat Aircraft (ACA) programme in April 1982.[18] The ACA was very similar to the BAe P.110, having a cranked delta wing, canards and a twin tail. One major external difference was the replacement of the side mounted engine intakes with a chin intake. The ACA was to be powered by a modified version of the RB199.

The German and Italian governments withdrew funding, and the UK Ministry of Defence agreed to fund 50% of the cost with the remaining 50% to be provided by industry. MBB and Aeritalia signed up with the aim of producing two aircraft, one at Warton and one by MBB. In May 1983, BAe announced a contract with the MoD for the development and production of an ACA demonstrator, the Experimental Aircraft Programme.[18][19]

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Tejas has it's own advantages and disadvantages.. IMHO Tejas is a test bed for other fighters that will be developed by india. Leave about tejas capabilities.. If you induct 600 tejas instead of 120 rafales , i really donno how they can turn the war (as it depends on opponent and situation) but i can tell one thing.. it will raise the morale of engineers who worked for this project.. It will encourage private firms to come really into defence production.. It shows outside world that we trust our research labs n we are self reliant.. this is what India needs now.. in very near future say in another 5-10 years proability that india entering an full scale war is less.. SO THIS IS THE TIME WE GIVE SOME MORALE SUPPORT TO OUR DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS WHICH WILL INTURN HELP US TO GET REALLY GOOD AIR CRAFTS IN FUTURE.
It was a test bed in 2001,not now

Please don't call a fully developed tejas as a test bed.

Santu

It was a test bed in 2001,not now

Please don't call a fully developed tejas as a test bed.
Sir , My intention is different.... What I mean is it's first plat form our designers worked on their own for the first time in decades. That's why i mentioned it as test bed where many of our designing capabilities were tested and being tested.

saurabhkumarsingh

Sir , My intention is different.... What I mean is it's first plat form our designers worked on their own for the first time in decades. That's why i mentioned it as test bed where many of our designing capabilities were tested and being tested.
I would't have been the first Indian plane in decades if we havnt's been sanctioned from western countries to curb our growth

halloweene

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There is a PIB article says Tejas range and combat range ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

This information must be Read & Saved that ' Tejas ' Ferry range is 1700kms without Fuel tanks ( With fuel tanks 3000kms according to Janes ) and Combat Range is more than 500kms .. , This information is released by Government agency during IOC-2 ...

Source : Press Information Bureau English Releases

===================

Shared by @Archer ..

@ersakthivel, This is an important information ..

laughingbuddha

Country flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
These information are not accurate, What told in PIB in above link is true ..

That is Tejas non stop without refueling or without fuel tank is 1700kms, And combat range is 500kms ..

3000kms is what with fuel tanks, The information first appear on Janes ..

without refueling its range is 850km and ferry range is 3000km

These information are not accurate, What told in PIB in above link is true ..

That is Tejas non stop without refueling or without fuel tank is 1700kms, And combat range is 500kms ..

3000kms is what with fuel tanks, The information first appear on Janes ..
Hello Sir,
there are many flight updates on ADA site but no information abut the FOC status. Do you have idea what and when IAF is going to test in FOC.
Also SP1 and SP2 which are scheduled to fly in April, no News of there rolling out.

Sea Eagle

Hello Sir,
there are many flight updates on ADA site but no information abut the FOC status. Do you have idea what and when IAF is going to test in FOC.
Also SP1 and SP2 which are scheduled to fly in April, no News of there rolling out.
Read post number 2374.. Will clear all your doubts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles