2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
Kamala - I don't know what power she holds in wider scheme of things as VP. I rarely see American VP's making tough policy decisions.., they seems more like President of india whose position is name sake while PM holds all the power....

Even Bidens influence will be limited to wider trade laws... than there is congress as well to keep him in check where republican will not let him die peacefully.....US is run by Bussiness man .... $$$$$'s untill they keep flowing , nobody gives a hoot to what biden or kamala smokes...there is a reason why whole silicon valley wants trump to go ... they want a liberandu there who can dance to their tunes .. Biden will be a puppet....

As for china goes, they will be happy...i expect CCP to be more assertive but they wont be able to do much.... Other than barking like a rabid dog here & there... I expect the ice to continue with them as it is....
Biden is more or less brain zombie... dont see he actively taking up policy matters to discussion .... kamala might become POTUS with in 4 years and fight 2024 to re elect...

Kamala like other rats are driven by MNC empire but her own ideas are specially hurtful for a country like India... i see in long term kamala trying to undermine GOI ... and specially pushing Modi to wall.

another_armchair

Country flag
Modi didn’t ditch nuclear power, the American company for which US government was lobbying for closed shop, so deal was signed with France instead. Forgot the name of American company.
What is the status of Jaitapur nuclear power plant? Don't think much has moved..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
i can believe the child calling 911 part,and officers coming to the house .

but rest is just unbelievable

Is it part of law that every child should have an IPAD ?

:hmm: this is some real dumb shit . your friend lied to you.

@utubekhiladi bhai plz clarify .

Buying an ipad to their under 18 child is upto parents discretion. No one can order parents to buy whatever the child wants. Parents cannot be jailed for not buying an ipad.

However, if parents are not providing basic needs like proper clothing, food, shelter and sending to school etc, or in case verbally or physically or mentally abuse the child.. Then most likely the parents will face legal action and the child will be taken away from them.

I heard a different versions of the same story, the child blackmailed parents to buy an ipad, on refusing to do so, he dialed 911 and complained to the diapatch operator that his dad was drunk and beating him and his mom.

So they dispatched 2 uniforms to their home who reached within 3 minutes. Upon arrival, The officers found that his dad was not drunk, his mom was working in kitchen with no sign of abuse. Clearly the child lied.

So the officers left because this is very usual occurrence in america where child dials 911 to blackmail on their parents.

Kumata

Country flag
Biden is more or less brain zombie... dont see he actively taking up policy matters to discussion .... kamala might become POTUS with in 4 years and fight 2024 to re elect...

Kamala like other rats are driven by MNC empire but her own ideas are specially hurtful for a country like India... i see in long term kamala trying to undermine GOI ... and specially pushing Modi to wall.
Don't keep high hopes in Kamala... Not sure we are giving so much importance to her ..

another_armchair

Country flag
Last I remember, Now the delay is from the French side.
Ten years have gone by and we are still at negotiation stage. Wonder what the French might quote after considering cost overruns during the last(or lost) decade. Adding their reservations to sign on the liability clause, I think the project is DOA.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ten years have gone by and we are still at negotiation stage. Wonder what the French might quote after considering cost overruns during the last(or lost) decade. Adding their reservations to sign on the liability clause, I think the project is DOA.
nope, that’s not the case. You can look it up yourself.

Indrajit

Country flag
Don't keep high hopes in Kamala... Not sure we are giving so much importance to her ..
Possibly because she’s the one who will be VP if Biden wins. Not a position to be scoffed at.

I happen to think she’ll be fine. As a senator, all she had to do was to cater to the leftists and liberals of California but if she wants to run for POTUS in 2024, she knows that she will need support of many others, including Indian Americans in mid western states who have a very soft corner for India and Modi. She is not going to rock the boat. That will be the business of the likes of Pramila Jayapal, Ro Khanna and possibly AOC and I.Omar. In any case, Biden doesn’t much like that bunch and he won’t be indulging them.

Expect more of the same wrt India US relations.

Pugilist

Country flag
i can believe the child calling 911 part,and officers coming to the house .

but rest is just unbelievable

Is it part of law that every child should have an IPAD ?

:hmm: this is some real dumb shit . your friend lied to you.

@utubekhiladi bhai plz clarify .
I can guarantee you there is no law in the US or any western country that will force a parent to buy iPads for kids. This is utter garbage (I know a thing or two about laws). A lot of schools require iPads for kids but this is not the law.

Then there is some lungi shivering posts about what will happen to India, modi etc. Come on guys grow a pair will ya! India is a huge and influential country who also has enormous soft power globally. As powerful as the US is, it simply cannot walk over India at its will, especially in 2020.

More importantly with Modi and his government you have an wily, seasoned and very powerful statesman. Statecraft is not a binary game of tiddlywinks. Modi knows statecraft and some.

Agree with a lot of the comments on Indian diaspora especially some of the recent arrivals to western countries - some of them are obnoxious as buggery and more than a few have felt my wrath at times.

However, some of the other generalisations in previous posts about NRI’s is utter garbage - as a fourth/fifth generation westerner (with Indian heritage) our family is still devout Hindus and we practice our faith with pride even after 120 plus years living in the west.

Last edited:

Kumata

Country flag
Possibly because she’s the one who will be VP if Biden wins. Not a position to be scoffed at.

I happen to think she’ll be fine. As a senator, all she had to do was to cater to the leftists and liberals of California but if she wants to run for POTUS in 2024, she knows that she will need support of many others, including Indian Americans in mid western states who have a very soft corner for India and Modi. She is not going to rock the boat. That will be the business of the likes of Pramila Jayapal, Ro Khanna and possibly AOC and I.Omar. In any case, Biden doesn’t much like that bunch and he won’t be indulging them.

Expect more of the same wrt India US relations.
Right , thats why i made that statement... she will mend her ways...rest her catorie will keep barking for no reason and people know these bitches can bark only.... the snub that FM gave them will keep them in check..... in future...

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
On a positive note evangelist activities in india will definitely take a hit. 😉

Indrajit

Country flag
Right , thats why i made that statement... she will mend her ways...rest her catorie will keep barking for no reason and people know these bitches can bark only.... the snub that FM gave them will keep them in check..... in future...
If Biden does win, expect a foreign policy driven term. That wasn’t intentional but the Republicans have kept control of the senate and have possibly clawed back some seats in the House. Domestic policy will be at the mercy of Sen. Mitch McConell and while Biden is well liked in the Senate where he served so long, he won’t get anything through that McConell doesn’t like. So no court packing, no crazy taxes, no leftist economic or social policy. Essentially, the Democrats are screwed. Biden will have to do what every POTUS does when he can’t get movement on domestic policy. Play the statesman. Only problem, Biden is too old, too slow, not on top of his game. Other than on the environment , no great policy success possible internationally. Contrary to what has been said, Biden is unlikely to be soft on China. Simply because the public mood in the US is very anti China. Not much leeway there.

Kumata

Country flag
If Biden does win, expect a foreign policy driven term. That wasn’t intentional but the Republicans have kept control of the senate and have possibly clawed back some seats in the House. Domestic policy will be at the mercy of Sen. Mitch McConell and while Biden is well liked in the Senate where he served so long, he won’t get anything through that McConell doesn’t like. So no court packing, no crazy taxes, no leftist economic or social policy. Essentially, the Democrats are screwed. Biden will have to do what every POTUS does when he can’t get movement on domestic policy. Play the statesman. Only problem, Biden is too old, too slow, not on top of his game. Other than on the environment , no great policy success possible internationally. Contrary to what has been said, Biden is unlikely to be soft on China. Simply because the public mood in the US is very anti China. Not much leeway there.
I suspect he will be hard on china...may be he will not openly sleep with eleven but it will be subtle.. the aggressive posture will go away for sure in SCS ...china will infiltrate them from within and make it hollow and before it come in open.. it will be all done...again, i could be wrong as well....only future holds the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles