2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrajit

Country flag
Somersault. Can be risky for their old bones. Indian's aren't buying the Demoncrat story despite Trump's crackdown on H1B and other immigration hurdles.
People change, whether genuine or because of external pressure. Always welcome such change. If we do not, there will be no incentive for them to change. Our aim should be to cause behavioural change, getting hung up on personalities is not of great use.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Somersault. Can be risky for their old bones. Indian's aren't buying the Demoncrat story despite Trump's crackdown on H1B and other immigration hurdles.
Any data to back this up?

For some reason I cannot fathom the most successful demographic in America (Indian Americans) seem to vote overwhelmingly for the Leftists (DNC)

The DNC has courted the minority vote (blacks and Latinos) and Indians assumed that meant them too when the reality is these leftists are only courting the blacks and Latinos because they are the worst off economically. Leftists policies actually harm indians and other Asians in the US- to favour blacks

There’s a similar approach in the U.K. where Indians are happy to be lumped together in the ‘BAME’ category and collect their victim card despite again being one of the most successful demographics ( far ahead of whites and blacks)

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

For some reason I cannot fathom the most successful demographic in America (Indian Americans) seem to vote overwhelmingly for the Leftists (DNC)

The DNC has courted the minority vote (blacks and Latinos) and Indians assumed that meant them too when the reality is these leftists are only courting the blacks and Latinos because they are the worst off economically. Leftists policies actually harm indians and other Asians in the US- to favour blacks

There’s a similar approach in the U.K. where Indians are happy to be lumped together in the ‘BAME’ category and collect their victim card despite again being one of the most successful demographics ( far ahead of whites and blacks)
In terms of electoral power - Indians don't count in US elections.
Wait, that's not necessarily true. Fact is Hindu Americans don't count.
Just like in India, in US, Hindus are split. We don't vote block like other minorities. Worse, Hindus know it but the secular KoolAid is too hard to get over.
Add to it the current fad of making anyone who support republicans look like loonies..

the brazen way Democrats trample on us is an ample indication of this,

cereal killer

Country flag

Being immigrant they see who is the less threat here.
Indian Americans tend to live in blue states like CA, NY, NJ and tend to vote like people in their state. That said though, they will find out that out of control spending will harm everyone in the long run and may re-think their political affiliations. They are starting to see this in California with it's enormous debt leading to very high taxes most of now go into paying the interest on old debt, and not to benefit the community. And after some time, they are going to be sick of the democrats support of illegal immigration when they had to wait in line for years. This is a great opportunity for the Republicans to make inroads into Indian and other Asian Americans and other non-hispanic minorities.

Indrajit

Country flag
Being immigrant they see who is the less threat here.
Indian Americans tend to live in blue states like CA, NY, NJ and tend to vote like people in their state. That said though, they will find out that out of control spending will harm everyone in the long run and may re-think their political affiliations. They are starting to see this in California with it's enormous debt leading to very high taxes most of now go into paying the interest on old debt, and not to benefit the community. And after some time, they are going to be sick of the democrats support of illegal immigration when they had to wait in line for years. This is a great opportunity for the Republicans to make inroads into Indian and other Asian Americans and other non-hispanic minorities.
The problem for Indian Americans is that Republicans also tend to be Christian fundamentalists which makes many wary. Unless they become more like the British Conservatives, they will at best be a fringe attraction.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The problem for Indian Americans is that Republicans also tend to be Christian fundamentalists which makes many wary. Unless they become more like the British Conservatives, they will at best be a fringe attraction.
Christian fundamentalists are any day a million times better than the left loonies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Yes that is also another reason. Given their educational attainment and socio-economic status, you might think that the Republican Party is a potential home for a lot of Indian Americans. Instead, Republican policies on racial discrimination and immigration, and the rise of Christian conservatives within the party, has led many Indian Americans to stay away.

As immigrants, a number of Indian Americans tend to view the Democratic Party as having more favorable immigration policies compared to the Republican Party.
The Democratic Party is generally viewed as more tolerant than the Republican Party of different religions and race.

Umang Shukla

Country flag
I am a Gujarati living in Michigan. Have lived in Georgia and Florida as well. So have been added to Gujarati community groups on Whatsapp.
From the kind of messages I get on Whatsapp on these groups, Trump will get the Gujarati vote..
Gujaratis are about 50-70 % (in my opinion) of all indian americans (People who can vote). A lot of leftist support comes from people who cant vote (LOL !)

Umang Shukla

Country flag
Yes that is also another reason. Given their educational attainment and socio-economic status, you might think that the Republican Party is a potential home for a lot of Indian Americans. Instead, Republican policies on racial discrimination and immigration, and the rise of Christian conservatives within the party, has led many Indian Americans to stay away.

As immigrants, a number of Indian Americans tend to view the Democratic Party as having more favorable immigration policies compared to the Republican Party.
The Democratic Party is generally viewed as more tolerant than the Republican Party of different religions and race.
Gas station owners and Motel owners like Trump.
I tend to agree among people who have jobs (mostly H1B Visa Holders) dont like Trump. But those cant vote ! :creepy:

Brood Father

Country flag
Looks like Biden will win and now the question is only by what margin ..Covid destroyed Trump's dream of reelection

cereal killer

Country flag
I am a Gujarati living in Michigan. Have lived in Georgia and Florida as well. So have been added to Gujarati community groups on Whatsapp.
From the kind of messages I get on Whatsapp on these groups, Trump will get the Gujarati vote..
Gujaratis are about 50-70 % (in my opinion) of all indian americans (People who can vote). A lot of leftist support comes from people who cant vote (LOL !)
Hmm.. But what happened last time. Trump did managed to somehow secure florida last time but still majority of Indian & south asian voters still voted for clinton. Let's see though Florida is a swing state & can go either way.

Kumata

Country flag
Off lately, i have started to admire tulsi Gabbard. I know she is a non candidate in current elections but she is young and i do see her as future president of US . It will be a heart break for liberando / leftist gang when she will take oath on Holy bhagwad Gita and chant Jai shri Ram chandra and Jai shri krishna as president.

captscooby81

Country flag
This below graph shows how much Indian voters will matter to both blue and Red in michigan in november . Who ever gets the indian voters will win in the below swing states .

Michigan : 2016 Margin : 10700 votes , Indian voters 1,25,000
Florida : 2016 Margin : 112911 Votes, Indian Voters 1,93,000
Pennsylyvania : 2016 Margin : 44292 Votes, Indian Voters 1,56,000

photo6206336612007258806.jpg

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Christian fundamentalists are any day a million times better than the left loonies.
you should always attack the moderate voice if you dont want indians to assimilate into america and just be another brown sahib.christians are worse from our perspective as they are currently less crazier which means they have higher possibility of converting hindus to christianity and therefore be traitors to india.the lefty loonies are so crazy that even if we vote for the party that uses them we would not adopt their practises mostly as they beyond the pale for most people.we should be cynical and use america not worship it.that includes nris in america.vote for trump to give us an ally and then backstab by acting like the christian fundies are out to get you.this will result the indian npc americans to stay away from the christians out of herd mentality.no one wants to be like the antifa loonies ,so they are repulsive to indians who idealize living a middle class lifestyle and being a worker bee.

Umang Shukla

Country flag
Hmm.. But what happened last time. Trump did managed to somehow secure florida last time but still majority of Indian & south asian voters still voted for clinton. Let's see though Florida is a swing state & can go either way.
last elections, a lot of pro modi vote split between Clinton and trump. this time its going to be trump all the way. the way the trump campaign is drumming the trump - modi friendship, it highly unlikely people will vote for Biden.

once a Indian becomes a US citizen, he will start disliking the policies of democrats and these are the people who align more with republican politics, less taxes, no freebies, better business etc etc...

abingdonboy

Country flag
Kamala Harris has been chosen for Black votes not for Indian votes...

Her indian support base in California is a lost cause for republicans anyway
Does Kamala have any base? I’ve heard she’s disliked in the black community (despite her pandering to them), she didn’t even make it to the first primary of the DNC and dropped out before they even voted in CA, she’s not liked by many but the far leftists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles