2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
I have a drone similar to that, it cost me about $100. I was thinking, when I go to India to my mom's village near Pak border in Taran Taran, maybe I could take it and use it to drop some leaflets on Pakistanis, I wouldn't care if they shot it down. Maybe somebody beat me to the idea?
I am in

But I will deliver smoked pork...............

indiazain

Country flag
If they shot it how is it so intact .I guess the battery finished or radio signal was somehow lost and the drone was accidentally found by them.If they noticed the drone on any surveillance euipment may have scrambled f16 or Jf 17s . Jf17 is only capable of shooting down harmless objects.Maybe its first and only kill. :smash:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I have a drone similar to that, it cost me about $100. I was thinking, when I go to India to my mom's village near Pak border in Taran Taran, maybe I could take it and use it to drop some leaflets on Pakistanis, I wouldn't care if they shot it down. Maybe somebody beat me to the idea?
Leaflets???

:dude:

Try this.

:D :D :D Have Nice Day.

PS: Video seems to be fake, just like his accent (he's american) But gotta admit videos' pretty gdamn cool.

Dude's a bit crazy and got lots of silly, crazy gun videos.
He was a former gamer, hence the name (FPS, First person Shooter.)

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Leaflets???

:dude:

Try this.

:D :D :D Have Nice Day.

PS: Video seems to be fake, just like his accent (he's american) But gotta admit videos' pretty gdamn cool.

Dude's a bit crazy and got lots of silly, crazy gun videos.
He was a former gamer, hence the name (FPS, First person Shooter.)
Ah FPSRussia one of my favorite Youtubers. Have you seen him shooting the Saiga semi auto shotgun?

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
when all are such white flags raised? as i understand, it's to signal non-aggressive intent for a meeting or surrender, but is there any other use too? any idea what's going on in this pic?

also, the pic seems to have been taken from the pak side of loc, on a road constructed out of cutting a mountain. this brings forth an interesting question too: how are civil works like these performed at such hot borders? do we finish on our side of the border and hope the other side is done in a similar fashion as ours, or does one party get to finish work inside the other country's border (supervised, of course) till a certain point?
the reason im asking this question is that the route in the above pic seems to have been cut continually as you would expect from a single construction job, and not with two guys approaching from different sides of the border.

Clearly this is a recent pic because the camo pattern of Pak army which is adopted in recent years and he is holding a white flag in Paki territory which means this place is under observation of Indian posts located above mountain tops.

I recall an incident shared by a Major just after the kargil war before cease fire when Indian troops opened fire with heavy weapons disrupting the traffic on a road which connected their Punjab with POK.

When scared citizens ran away from their buses the army destroyed them with MMG or Zu 23 created a blockade on the main road creating great hardship for Paki civilians let alone their Army whose convoys were attacked at will.

I don't know if Pakis have constructed alternative routes since cease fire which are not dominated by our fire.

airtel

Country flag
Four security personnel shot dead by suspected militants in Quetta

Syed Ali Shah — Updated Nov 19, 2016 11:38pm
WHATSAPP
4 Comments
Email
Print
Policemen inspect the scene of a shooting in Quetta. —AFP
At least four security personnel were shot dead by suspected militants on Fatima Jinnah road area of Quetta on Saturday evening, said police officials.
"Armed men opened fire at Frontier Corps and police personnel on Quetta's Fatima Jinnah Road. One FC soldier and a police constable died on the spot, while two other FC personnel succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital," said a police official.
"Two passersby also sustained bullet wounds as result of the attack and were rushed to nearby civil hospital Quetta for medical treatment," the official added.
A senior police official told DawnNews that the incident seemed to be an act of targeted killing. Senior police and FC officers reached the spot as investigation into the incident went underway.
Police said the assailants escaped unhurt from the spot.
Balochistan has been experiencing incidents of violence and targeted killings for over a decade. Al Qaeda-linked and sectarian militants also operate in the region. The province shares borders with Afghanistan and Iran.
The largest province of the country by area, is home to a insurgency by ethnic Baloch separatists.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Ah FPSRussia one of my favorite Youtubers. Have you seen him shooting the Saiga semi auto shotgun?
Oh yes, I saw all of his videos when he was regularly producing them. Then someone on his team died from some freak firearm accident and he stopped. Recently he started making videos again, though.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Pakistan ready for conventional war, says Gen Raheel

RAWALPINDI: Visiting the Sulemanki sector along the Working Boundary, army chief General Raheel Sharif said on Saturday that Pakistan Army was equally ready for conventional war.

“With an unprecedented level of successes in the war against terror, we have become the most battle-hardened army and are equally ready for conventional war,” he said, according to a statement issued the military’s media wing.

The army chief spent his day with Pakistan Army and Rangers troops and war veterans and specially appreciated the highest state of the troops’ morale and ‘the best form’ of vigilance along the Line of Control (LoC) and Working Boundary.

Interacting with the soldiers, Gen Raheel said Pakistan Army proudly carries its heritage and tradition of soldiering and chivalry. He said the army had always measured up to any challenge and taken inspiration from its war heroes and their spirit of sacrifice.

The army chief also laid a floral wreath at the monument of Major Shabbir Sharif Shaheed (Nishan-e-Haider). He paid rich tributes to shuhada and ghazis for fighting bravely and rendering supreme sacrifice in defence of the motherland.

Earlier, on arrival at Sulemanki, he was received by Corps Commander Lahore Lt Gen Sadiq Ali, Bahawalpur Corps Commander Lt Gen Javaid Iqbal and Punjab Rangers DG Maj Gen Umer Farooq Burki. [WITH ADDITIONAL INPUT FROM APP]

Published in The Express Tribune, November 20th, 2016.

Source: Express Tribune

republic_roi97

Country flag
Oh yes, I saw all of his videos when he was regularly producing them. Then someone on his team died from some freak firearm accident and he stopped. Recently he started making videos again, though.
But he is not russian himself, he just fakes his accent. Although a very good channel.

aditya g

Country flag
Regarding UAV captured: It does look like Netra. Whether it was shot down or crashed its a different story. How does one shoot down such a small target anyways?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1. They haven`t shot it down, No damages on quad-copter ..

2. It probably ran out of battery and stuck something like tree or mountain way back..

3. By the look of camera it was flying at 150-200ms height minimum and possible intruded more than 300ms to 350ms before it started to turn around,

4. During its returned it could not keep up the max ceiling height due to low power to its motors, And probably at low altitude when its software was guiding its way back.

===============

Those who owned quad-copter would know.

Regarding UAV captured: It does look like Netra. Whether it was shot down or crashed its a different story. How does one shoot down such a small target anyways?

aditya g

Country flag
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/repor...iting-for-permission-manohar-parrikar-2275370

The Army is eager to teach a lesson to our country's enemy and it is just waiting for permission from the government, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Sunday.

"The morale of the Army has gone up. Army wants to teach lesson to our enemy. They are just waiting for permission from the government...We gave them permission two-three times," :hat: Parrikar said during BJP's campaign meeting in Vasco.

Parrikar said, "We want to tell our enemy that if they stare at us, we can stare with bigger eyes." The minister said the country's borders are secured and no one could dare attack India.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Bakis destroying Indians posts

Look at the Mard-e-Chowmins shouting Allahu Akbar :pound:

Northern Command reported heavy firing in Rajouri sector,but reported 4 injured instead of Paki fantasy casualties

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Bakis destroying Indians posts

Look at the Mard-e-Chowmins shouting Allahu Akbar :pound:

Northern Command reported heavy firing in Rajouri sector,but reported 4 injured instead of Paki fantasy casualties
By now Indians must have evacuated the posts in direct line of fire of Pakistanis. It all comes down to a war of attrition now, basically who has the most money to spend on ammo and we all know who that is.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles