2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

republic_roi97

Country flag
Kill pak civillians. Stop the moral high ground. Destroying posts gives confusing signals as we are never getting a true no. of killed pigies. That's why snipe civillians one by one and maintain a record.
Isn't that's what happening, lots of civilians have died on Paki sides in fact more than those who died on our side, they are receiving more causalities and damage than we are.

Superdefender

what makes you think that's not happening as we speak?
No, I don't think so. Piggies are targetting both military and civilians (now more towards the later). Our moral protector army only targets piggies, not civilians. Bychance 2-4 pak civillians are killed by indian bullets fired at piggy army. Now our army decided to destroy their posts only where there are only piggies. Morons why are you not killing civillians? If IA trully wanted to kill civillians, not 4-6 but the no. will be easily min. 60-70. Is there any news about such a high number? No. Their channels will not show numbers you all say. I am asking if deathtoll reaches 100, then will still their media not show that? THINK

sorcerer

Country flag
BSF fires 5,000 mortar shells, 35,000 bullets in 11 days

The Border Security Force (BSF) has responded with massive fire in retaliation to Pakistan Ranger's relentless attempts to push heavily armed terrorists into Indian territory since October 19 through continuous ceasefire violations. The massive retaliation has claimed the lives of at least 15 Pakistani soldiers besides some civilians on the other side.

The BSF, responding to Pakistan's firing and mortar shelling for past 11 days, has fired 3000 long range mortar shells (81mm area weapons), which can hit targets within the range of 5 to 6 km, 2000 short range mortar shells (51mm mortar shells), which can hit targets at 900 meters and over 35,000 bullets using small arms, including MMG, LMG, and rifles etc.

Officials said long-range mortar shells are used to destroy enemy positions and small range weapons for targeting terrorists and Pak Rangers firing from posts close to the border.

Most of cross-border firing has been taking place in the Jammu sector, especially during the night when Pak Rangers provide covering fire to help terrorists infiltrate into the Indian side.

BSF itself lost three jawans since October 19. Officials said more than 60 ceasefire violations by Pakistan have been recorded at the International Border in less than two weeks. ADG (Western Sector) of BSF Arun Kumar had said that the force had been giving befitting reply to Pakistan's aggression.

The BSF, sources said, has been supplied with additional inventory of ammunitions in view of the prevailing border situation and because of approaching winter. The western border has been on the boil since Indian army's surgical strikes last month and both Army and BSF are on high alert.

http://www.defencenews.in/article/BSF-fires-5,000-mortar-shells,-35,000-bullets-in-11-days-29022

Akshay_Fenix

Empty Posts?

-----------------------------------
BSF destroyed 14 Pak posts only 2 Pak rangers casualties were reported by them(BSF).

Indian Army the other day destroyed 4 Pak posts, more than 25 casualties were reported (in reality 55 got killed). We used artillery+mortar combo that day.

My problem is why aren't we the ones escalating. When the Pakis use 80mm we start to use 80mm on them, when they use 105mm we start to use 105mm, when they use 120mm we start to use 120mm. What kind of stupidity is this.

The above post by sorcerer proves my point. Check out the firearms BSF used in those 11 days and cross check them with the news reports of Paki shells found near villages.

armyofhind

Country flag
BSF destroyed 14 Pak posts only 2 Pak rangers casualties were reported by them(BSF).

Indian Army the other day destroyed 4 Pak posts, more than 25 casualties were reported (in reality 55 got killed). We used artillery+mortar combo that day.

My problem is why aren't we the ones escalating. When the Pakis use 80mm we start to use 80mm on them, when they use 105mm we start to use 105mm, when they use 120mm we start to use 120mm. What kind of stupidity is this.

The above post by sorcerer proves my point. Check out the firearms BSF used in those 11 days and cross check them with the news reports of Paki shells found near villages.
You really believe that the pigs are going to admit to their casualties?

Moreover, I think that the report of 2 Rangers being killed and 11 posts being destroyed are two separate incidents. Its not like 11 posts destroyed caused 2 casualties. They are separate actions.
confirmed Casualties in destruction of posts cannot be given as they need to be physically checked. Not possible.
Or sending a drone. Again not possible as its airspace violation.

Unless you want the army to start inventing casualty counts like the pigs do to appease their masses. Indian Army has never done that and wont ever.

As for escalation, there are some 11 tiers in how escalation takes place. Using small arms and company support weapons like mortars, MMGs is only among the first five levels.
And the keyword here is proportionate response.

By the same logic, the pigs wont use artillery or rockets or they would be pulverized if we used the same.
Escalating further can quickly lead to full spectrum war. Which is not what the government wants at the moment for fear of putting a dent in the economy, because no doubt, War will cost us economically.

Thats the strategy being played out at the moment as far as my analysis of current events goes.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag

I agree with Akshay. It's a little difficult to understand the objective of IA here. Is it to prove that we can match the escalation brought in by PA or to prove that PA cannot match escalation brought by us. I though believe IA is doing things as per a plan which must be the best in this situation but difficult to understand why they are doing what they are doing.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If it doesn't happen under modi then I don' t think indias economic rise will continue. China will strengthen pak and be an obstacle in everything.
It's not gonna happen for sure. And Modi is worried about Ambani's investments... by NO chance there will be any conflict. Pakistan knows this.

Akshay_Fenix

You really believe that the pigs are going to admit to their casualties?

Moreover, I think that the report of 2 Rangers being killed and 11 posts being destroyed are two separate incidents. Its not like 11 posts destroyed caused 2 casualties. They are separate actions.
confirmed Casualties in destruction of posts cannot be given as they need to be physically checked. Not possible.
Or sending a drone. Again not possible as its airspace violation.

Unless you want the army to start inventing casualty counts like the pigs do to appease their masses. Indian Army has never done that and wont ever.

As for escalation, there are some 11 tiers in how escalation takes place. Using small arms and company support weapons like mortars, MMGs is only among the first five levels.
And the keyword here is proportionate response.

By the same logic, the pigs wont use artillery or rockets or they would be pulverized if we used the same.
Escalating further can quickly lead to full spectrum war. Which is not what the government wants at the moment for fear of putting a dent in the economy, because no doubt, War will cost us economically.

Thats the strategy being played out at the moment as far as my analysis of current events goes.
Did you check the fire power BSF is using (sorcerers article),
40,000 rounds of ammunition boo
Small arms boo
LMG/MMG boo
80mm mortars double booo
51mm mortars triple booo

Does it look like we are serious about teaching Pakis a lesson.

We are 3rd strongest Army in the world and yet we fight fire with fire like fools,

Why not fight fire with flame-thrower (India being the flame-thrower obviously).

sorcerer

Country flag

Dude..Thats how its done..the escalation.
We have to trust what BSF said a few days ago..
They said .."They are carefully choosing targets and destroying them"
Meaning even if pakis fire rampantly at one sector we are defending it but destroying paki asset in another location which is of strategic importance.
This means.. 2 things.
1)We are not wasting ammo like paki does but making sure that the ammo we used wins a valuable point
2) Choosing the strategic assets pakis have..we are ensuring that the launch pads are destroyed by our heavy fire assault.

IMO, this could be some foreplay for reverse Kargil..
This winter is gonna be HOT!

armyofhind

Country flag
Did you check the fire power BSF is using (sorcerers article),
40,000 rounds of ammunition boo
Small arms boo
LMG/MMG boo
80mm mortars double booo
51mm mortars triple booo

Does it look like we are serious about teaching Pakis a lesson.

We are 3rd strongest Army in the world and yet we fight fire with fire like fools,

Why not fight fire with flame-thrower (India being the flame-thrower obviously).
precisely my point.
Army is opting for proportionate response to the pigs as a full blown conflict is not on the agenda right now.

sorcerer

Country flag
I agree with Akshay. It's a little difficult to understand the objective of IA here. Is it to prove that we can match the escalation brought in by PA or to prove that PA cannot match escalation brought by us. I though believe IA is doing things as per a plan which must be the best in this situation but difficult to understand why they are doing what they are doing.
There was a statement made by BSF a few days back that..they are chosing their attacks on paki assets WISELY!!
Meaning IA wont do nerve twitching reaction but ensure the attack on pak by coordinating the intel. at pakis strategic points which they are using as launch pads.

pakis can spray their ammo..cuz..they just want to create MAYHEM to infiltrate terrorists.
IA has managed to keep the terrorists on the backfoot..by retaliating paki offence...but at the same time managed to destroys paki assets by chosing the points carefully for fire assault

Articles