2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

armyofhind

Country flag
The problem is, people here is getting only one version of the story. They are only seeing what our media is showing and sadly our media can't cross LOC. So can't blame them entirely.
Exactly what Im saying. Thats why one needs to apply their brains a little bit. Anyone who has brethren in the armed forces know that the army doesnt stay quite at the border.
And when they have government approval like with the present government to retaliate, the army will go all out. Its their job.

But unfortunately there are so many here who think they can dictate the job of the army to them sitting at a computer screen with a keyboard.

Country flag
Civilians will be the main target for pak army for many reasons:
They cannot directly confront Indian army and risk an escalation
Which may possibly cause them to lose POK
Civilians deaths reported in the media will cause an uproar with the public
Almost all nations that have signed Geneva convention have accepted not to
target civilians. All wars Pakistan has ever fought has been against civilians.
Targeting civilians will cause patriotic sentiment to spread nationally.
This is the perfect time to do an all out assault and take back POK.

Superdefender

Exactly what Im saying. Thats why one needs to apply their brains a little bit. Anyone who has brethren in the armed forces know that the army doesnt stay quite at the border.
And when they have government approval like with the present government to retaliate, the army will go all out. Its their job.

But unfortunately there are so many here who think they can dictate the job of the army to them sitting at a computer screen with a keyboard.
Don't lecture me. I want to see some action which I don't see now.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Now what will happen is Pakis will boast about how many Indians they killed ( specifically Hindus) that's it. And then they will say they have maintained the equal caliber with India even conventionally along the LOC and IB.

And we will keep giving arguments That their media did not show anything. The numbers are not correct, bring in the neutral source etc etc .. India created rift between Govt and Miliary .. etc etc ..

This is why India fails in psywar because Indian fire power did not stop Pakis blowing their trumpet. Which is the ultimate goal which I see.

AbRaj

Country flag
I hope fellow members of the forum have not ignored this article.

SurgicalStrikes and Operations Ginger were glamourous, but these fire assaults are no less important. The planning and firepower employed are just as awesome.

Hints on ATGMs being used.

“Indian troops changed the projectile and trajectory of the mortars in a manner that they directly hit the posts. At the same time, troops opened fire with light, medium and heavy machine guns. It created confusion among the Pakistani troops,” said an officer.

After pulverising the posts, the Indian Army used rocket launchers to pin down the posts on the ground. “Rockets were fired from different angles, so that the posts were brought down in quick succession. Later, flat-projectile weapon systems were used to ensure that the enemy suffers heavy casualty and none of the troops guarding the posts flee,” said an officer.
They have underground tunnels for survival during ceasefire . And I don't think they use front line bunker during retaliation .

Country flag
Now what will happen is Pakis will boast about how many Indians they killed ( specifically Hindus) that's it. And then they will say they have maintained the equal caliber with India even conventionally along the LOC and IB.

And we will keep giving arguments That their media did not show anything. The numbers are not correct, bring in the neutral source etc etc .. India created rift between Govt and Miliary .. etc etc ..

This is why India fails in psywar because Indian fire power did not stop Pakis blowing their trumpet. Which is the ultimate goal which I see.
Why try to keep proving things ? The world doesn't give a fcuk .Start provoking them escalate it and start taking their territory.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why try to keep proving thins? Start provoking them look for war.
War? This is not going to happen. Mark this post. This is why Pakis are not stopping they have kept us engaged maintaining the conventional equilibrium.

Country flag
War? This is not going to happen. Mark this post. This is why Pakis are not stopping they have kept us engaged maintaining the conventional equilibrium.
If it doesn't happen under modi then I don' t think indias economic rise will continue. China will strengthen pak and be an obstacle in everything.

armyofhind

Country flag
Don't lecture me. I want to see some action which I don't see now.
Nobody's lecturing you. I dont have the patience to try to reason with a keyboard warrior.

As for action, plenty is happening. Numerous instances coming in from friends and family at the border.

You want to see the action with your own eyes, join the army if youve got what it takes.
Do not dictate the job to someone who's out there doing it.

armyofhind

Country flag

If you really give that much importance to what a Paki says, youre being very shallow.

The argument of media controlled by the military in Pakistan is 100 percent valid.

Pakis will blow trumpet always. Its their defining trait. Load of hot air. Nothing else.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its clear that if we don't escalate, nothing will change and all talk of surgical strike will dissipate into history with little consequence. Pak will be emboldened and carry on its merry way. We already have the narrative for deescalation.

As many past generals who appreciated the strikes cautioned, it cannot be a one off event to draw political benefit from but a change in policy. They called for it to be institutionalized, that does not seem to have happened.

I don't believe we are questioning the valor of our forces but we have a right to question what is being done. At the same time. we need to have confidence that our planners took have taken these reactions into consideration and things are in motion. However, only results matter.

As for war, in my view if we do not bite the bullet now out of concerns for economic progress, we put everything into jeopardy including the much touted economic progress.

Chinmoy

Country flag
If you really give that much importance to what a Paki says, youre being very shallow.

The argument of media controlled by the military in Pakistan is 100 percent valid.

Pakis will blow trumpet always. Its their defining trait. Load of hot air. Nothing else.
You are not trying to understand what @Screambowl meant. He too want equilibrium to get pump up and does want IA to target the civilian across border. That way we could always be ahead in count then them.
After this when Pakis would cry in world forum against Indian shelling in POK, we would take over the keyboard to counter all those.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Civilians will be the main target for pak army for many reasons:
They cannot directly confront Indian army and risk an escalation
Which may possibly cause them to lose POK
Civilians deaths reported in the media will cause an uproar with the public
Almost all nations that have signed Geneva convention have accepted not to
target civilians. All wars Pakistan has ever fought has been against civilians.
Targeting civilians will cause patriotic sentiment to spread nationally.
This is the perfect time to do an all out assault and take back POK.
But they're shooting themselves in the foot by targeting Kashmiris. Don't they know this will go against them if a plebiscite is held? Or perhaps they are aware that a plebiscite will never ever happen in spite of them bellyaching 24X7 at home and in international forums! So targeting civilians is par for the course.

Akshay_Fenix

But they're shooting themselves in the foot by targeting Kashmiris. Don't they know this will go against them if a plebiscite is held? Or perhaps they are aware that a plebiscite will never ever happen in spite of them bellyaching 24X7 at home and in international forums! So targeting civilians is par for the course.
They are targeting jammu (Hindu dominated areas).

Chinmoy

Country flag
Its clear that if we don't escalate, nothing will change and all talk of surgical strike will dissipate into history with little consequence. Pak will be emboldened and carry on its merry way. We already have the narrative for deescalation.

We need to have confidence that our planners took have taken these reactions into consideration and things are in motion.

As for war, in my view if we do not bite the bullet now out of concerns for economic progress, we put everything into jeopardy including the much touted economic progress.
Actually what I would suggest is, why don't some of us go around and watch for ourself what sort of damage we have inflicted on them. You see, paki news channels would definitely not report it, our channels can't go across. Then I think its all on us to verify ourself. What you all say?

Country flag
It has always been their policy and war doctrine

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Neither do they care about Kashmiris (heck they don't care about Pakistanis only perhaps Punjabis to a certain extent), nor do they believe plebiscite is possible since the first step is for them (and consequently China) to withdraw from areas of J&K they hold, then reverse the demographics. Utterly impossible.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Actually what I would suggest is, why don't some of us go around and watch for ourself what sort of damage we have inflicted on them. You see, paki news channels would definitely not report it, our channels can't go across. Then I think its all on us to verify ourself. What you all say?
Agreed. While we can get info from various sources and connects, the real proof will only be change in Paki behavior. Thus far, they have only become more belligerent and desperate. While that does mean we are pounding them, my sense is we need to up the ante.

Akshay_Fenix

Guys stop diffusing the situation. With this soft attitude you are not helping anyone instead you are making us weak.

We need revenge, demand that from Indian Army.

We killed 25+ soldiers of Pakistani Army for beheading Manpeet Singh now we need the same for killing 7 civilians. For India lives of civilians is equal to lives of army personals.

Country flag
If a poor India defeated Pakistan in three wars and created Bangladesh when the whole world backed pak why can't India the largest arms importer and fourth largest economy do the same today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles