2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Capturing areas of PoK by constantly a slow war of attrition. Constant artillery attack, aggressive patrolling, capturing their border posts, large scale commando raid.

Interesting, I read somewhere India has lost the conventional superiority over Pakistan that's why after 2008 attacks India did not attack.

Maybe for waging the war but not for punitive action.

Also, did we lost conventional superiority against Bangladesh ?

What's the excuse of this humiliation also the same NDA govt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Indo-Bangla_Border_Skirmish

India22

Maybe for waging the war but not for punitive action.

Also, did we lost conventional superiority against Bangladesh ?

What's the excuse of this humiliation also the same NDA govt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Indo-Bangla_Border_Skirmish
I think that time action was not taken as it would have political consequences of stirring up anti-India Islamic sentiment. That thing was cruel and India should have attacked that area. Perhaps NDA Government thought if action was taken pro-India Awami League Government would lose power. But Awami League still lost power in next election.

raheel besharam

I think that time action was not taken as it would have political consequences of stirring up anti-India Islamic sentiment. That thing was cruel and India should have attacked that area. Perhaps NDA Government thought if action was taken pro-India Awami League Government would lose power. But Awami League still lost power in next election.
Bhaad me jaye awami league....at least they should care about their soldiers rather than satisfying some political party of another country

Bornubus

Why the hell we care about foreign Awami league or Islamic sentiment Bullshit.

India22

Why the hell we care about Awami league or Islamic sentiment Bullshit.
Look I am too against that step. Assam Rifles in my knowledge was mobilized. That thing pains me too. India should sued Bangladesh in International Court if not proper military action.

Bornubus

Army intercepting communication between Hapig and Burhan shows how strong Army's SIGINT capabilities in Kashmir. But why media disclosing such info in Public.

Often foreign tourists are also caught by forces in Kashmir using satellite phones.

India22

Army intercepting communication between Hapig and Burhan shows how strong Army's SIGINT capabilities in Kashmir. But why media disclosing such info in Public.
I honestly think Govt. Must enact a strong law to prevent some news channels from distorting news, broadcasting biased description, giving away armed forces and national security related news. Failing to meet this requirements will result in suspension of those media houses and public apology from them. Enough with Indian Media's anti-national, anti-majority, TRP seeking mentality. There is a certain news channel which I want to see immediately banned.

Mass Media and individual's liberty ends there where nation and society's interest begins.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
=============
Some American think tanks are talking in the language we would like to hear, Surgical strike as expected has changed some rules of the game. i also doubt if they would be talking like this if anyone else other than trump was going to be in white house.

=========
No, Trump Likely Will Not Mediate India-Pakistan Conflict

The Indian media is raising concern about President-elect Donald Trump’s phone conversation with Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and what it might mean for his policies toward the subcontinent.

While on the phone, Trump reportedly told the Pakistani prime minister, “I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems.”

These comments, however, should merely be seen as friendly banter that could have been made to almost any foreign leader.

It is not surprising that Pakistani leaders would take advantage of a polite and warm exchange to push their agenda of bringing international attention to the Indo-Pakistani conflict in Kashmir—a long-disputed territory.

Pakistan, which has lost three wars with India—two of them over the status of Kashmir—has sought to use international mediation to wrest Kashmir from India.

It is highly doubtful that the Trump administration will consider inserting itself into the volatile Indo-Pakistani dispute, especially when Trump has signaled his interest in prioritizing deepening ties with India.

Indeed, if there is any useful role the U.S. can play in tamping down tensions between the two nuclear-armed rivals, it is to press Pakistan to crack down on anti-India militants that operate freely in Pakistani territory.

The Indian subcontinent was plunged into crisis on Sept. 18 when Pakistan-based militants attacked an Indian military base in the Kashmir town of Uri, killing 18 Indian soldiers.

Ten days later in response, New Delhi launched surgical strikes across the Line of Control dividing Kashmir in order to neutralize militant bases on Pakistani territory and prevent future attacks against India.

The U.S. avoided directly criticizing India for these operations and instead simply called on both sides to avoid escalation and continue discussions aimed at defusing tensions.

Shortly before news broke about the Indian strikes, U.S. National Security Adviser Susan Rice called on Pakistan “to take effective action to combat and delegitimize United Nations-designated terrorist individuals and entities, including Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammad, and their affiliates.”

The U.S. handling of India-Pakistan relations is a delicate matter. It is important for U.S. officials to avoid the mediation trap and any illusion that the U.S. itself can resolve this nearly 70-year-old dispute.

While the U.S. in the past has been helpful in defusing crises and preventing all-out wars between the nuclear-armed nations, any hint of the U.S. trying to mediate a political solution to Kashmir only throws fuel on the fire and encourages more violence.

It is likely that the Sept. 18 attack on the Indian military base was aimed at bringing international attention to the issue around the same time that the 2016 U.N. General Assembly was getting underway.

The Uri attack was the second major Pakistani provocation in the space of nine months. In early January, a Pakistan-based militant group, the Jaish-e-Mohammad, attacked an Indian air base at Pathankot.

The Uri attack demonstrates Pakistan’s willingness to up the ante in order to draw international attention to Kashmir at a time when civil protests had been wracking the region.

The U.S. must demonstrate that such Pakistani behavior is unacceptable and will have consequences.

Congress has already sanctioned Pakistan for its continued support of terrorist groups that attack in Afghanistan, and it must now do the same for Pakistan’s failure to crack down on those attacking India.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/01/no-trump-likely-will-not-mediate-india-pakistan-conflict/

Country flag
For those who think war is an option with Pakistan...

You do realise that we might end up spending atleast 500 billion USD over a decade, and yet situation may not be that different from today if not worse.

Going by what happened in Iraq Libya and now Syria, it will be prolonged engagement. Simply because we will be fighting the same ideology as those places.

Basically what I am saying is that military option should not be the only option.
Did they fight like Iraq Libya Syria in last 1000 years?

Yes it will not be a cakewalk, there will be some loss, but no way like Iraq and Syria.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Did they fight like Iraq Libya Syria in last 1000 years?

Yes it will not be a cakewalk, there will be some loss, but no way like Iraq and Syria.
Donno pre-mohammad. but post mohammad they fought many bloody wars in those very places. very much on the same principles of jihad, cutting heads, loot, slaves , islamic laws etc. except for the kurdish intervention, much of history is repeating itself there.

Both in Iraq and syria, the war is being fought along the highway and river connecting major cities. both iraqi army and ISIS cannot go beyond a certain distance from main water source. Pakis do not have this disadvantage, they can fight all over the place and still sustain themselves.

Just to clarify, i am not talking about the initial invasion, but rather maintaining domination after wards. same as in iraq, Paki army will merge with Militant groups to create an Hybrid like ISIS(i.e incase of total defeat).

India22

Donno pre-mohammad. but post mohammad they fought many bloody wars in those very places. very much on the same principles of jihad, cutting heads, loot, slaves , islamic laws etc. except for the kurdish intervention, much of history is repeating itself there.

Both in Iraq and syria, the war is being fought along the highway and river connecting major cities. both iraqi army and ISIS cannot go beyond a certain distance from main water source. Pakis do not have this disadvantage, they can fight all over the place and still sustain themselves.

Just to clarify, i am not talking about the initial invasion, but rather maintaining domination after wards. same as in iraq, Paki army will merge with Militant groups to create an Hybrid like ISIS(i.e incase of total defeat).
We are not going to install a puppet Government but to divide it and annex some areas. Pak Punjab will be left to rot. We take PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan, Afghanistan takes FATA, rest of NWFP goes to Pak Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan become free.

raheel besharam

We are not going to install a puppet Government but to divide it and annex some areas. Pak Punjab will be left to rot. We take PoK, Gilgit-Baltistan, Afghanistan takes FATA, rest of NWFP goes to Pak Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan become free.
we will do this, we will do that...stop making khayali pulao.....going by the current condition we cant even grab their nearby LoC posts

Articles