Project-75I class SSK Submarines

Jumbo

Can any one help.................!

What size of sub IN is looking for as Project 75(I)?

I mean 2000t or 4000t.

binayak95

Country flag
Can any one help.................!

What size of sub IN is looking for as Project 75(I)?

I mean 2000t or 4000t.
The IN is certainly looking for a large 3000 tonne+ submarine.

I agree with the article overall. Problem is we are also going to end up buying Shortfin Barracudas simply because tKMs is in severe financial stress. The situation is so bad that the German Navy's own sub fleet is non ops.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Seems like it. And a good thing too. Scorpenes are good subs and 6 more of another class would be just increasing logistical complexity.
Maybe an advanced Scorpene? (slightly bigger). It's personaly my favourite option.
with AIP ? with SCALP Naval ?

Or an indian Shortfin Barracuda, for far greater range ?

But to reduce cost, avoid new and time consumming ToT, and communality reasons, a direct or less direct Scorpene derivative seems the best solution.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
The IN is certainly looking for a large 3000 tonne+ submarine.

I agree with the article overall. Problem is we are also going to end up buying Shortfin Barracudas simply because tKMs is in severe financial stress. The situation is so bad that the German Navy's own sub fleet is non ops.
TKMS in financial stress? are you sure?

Jumbo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pump-jet#Advantages

Pump-jet...………………………
……………………………..
……………………...

Advantages
Pump jets have some advantages over bare propellers for certain applications, usually related to requirements for high-speed or shallow-draft operations. These include:

Jumbo

………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
………………………………………………………………………………………………...
We already know what their conventional sub offer is and it is a disaster. Russia will extended the ATV as long as India continues paying for it.

Jumbo

We already know what their conventional sub offer is and it is a disaster. Russia will extended the ATV as long as India continues paying for it.
All the conventional subs will have AIP, as the report says.

On top of it, IN is one of the Russian conventional subs operator anyway.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
All the conventional subs will have AIP, as the report says.

On top of it, IN is one of the Russian conventional subs operator anyway.
What sub was that? The exploding Kilo or the underpowered Lada?

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
TATAs have merged with TKP's steel business and plans are to take majority stake once the merged company is listed.

TKP is under pressure to break up.its various businessess. May be some Indian group needs to try and bid for TKM.

TKM and RR are two european companies Indian companies should try to takeover. It will be a huge boost to Indian MIC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
TATAs have merged with TKP's steel business and plans are to take majority stake once the merged company is listed.

TKP is under pressure to break up.its various businessess. May be some Indian group needs to try and bid for TKM.

TKM and RR are two european companies Indian companies should try to takeover. It will be a huge boost to Indian MIC.

What is TKM?

RR defence can't be taken over as it ia not for sale. UK will not allow ita sale

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
What is TKM?

RR defence can't be taken over as it ia not for sale. UK will not allow ita sale
TKM is Thyssenkrupp Marine division.

Was Corus for sale? TATAs have huge huge investments and goodwill in UK. They have a good chance of taking over RR group as a whole if they have the finances. UK govt vetoing it may mean retaliatory measures by India againist UK companies. Post Brexit UK cannot afford that.

Rolls Royce recently sold off its marine division.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
TKM is Thyssenkrupp Marine division.

Was Corus for sale? TATAs have huge huge investments and goodwill in UK. They have a good chance of taking over RR group as a whole if they have the finances. UK govt vetoing it may mean retaliatory measures by India againist UK companies. Post Brexit UK cannot afford that.

Rolls Royce recently sold off its marine division.

Corus wasfor sale. Corus ia not a high technology company. Corus was under loss due to recession and hence was auctioned.

Rolls Royce has sold its automobile division,marine division, power divisodietc but the defence division is still present.

Defence division has lot of classified data about aero engine, nuclear submarine, aircraft carrier etc. By all means, this division is under control of the government directly. The ownership is only partial. Even if the division ia sold, the entire patents, the patented machinery and the IPR will be with UK government.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles