DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AbRaj

Country flag
:truestory: BOYS PLAYED WELL!!!

India has bagged a deal worth $40 million to supply 4 indigenous DRDO-developed-BEL-built Swathi weapon locating radars to Armenia by beating Russian and Polish firms.

The radar provide fast, automatic and accurate location of enemy weapons like mortars, shells and rockets within its 50-km range and can simultaneously handle multiple projectiles fired from different weapons at different locations. The Indian Army is also using the same radars at LoC to trace the source of attack by Pakistani positions. The system was given for trial to Army in 2018.

The Defence Ministry is also now looking at other orders from South-East Asia, Latin America and Middle-East countries for boosting defence exports target to ₹35,000crore.

Understand that these are not exactly "drone" drones, but basically extra long ranged ATGMs with glide wings (with camera in front instead of seeker) guided like flying a kamikaze drone.
Expect a Namica-like launcher system.
View attachment 43844
Finally we are seeing a visible Indian presence in Global Arms Market.
Hope it will grow rapidly in next few years.
We should also consider offering naval systems and subsystems to friendly countries like Vietnam, Myanmar, Sri Lanka,UAE , Armenia and Cypress etc.
Also I wish India should seriously consider strengthening Afghan Government so that the Talibs won’t rollover in near future.
A strong and stable Afghan is must for India.

We should not leave them on their own this time.

Last edited:

Craigs

Country flag
Like always once again State institution product generating revenue for state unlike chetoos sellers.
I think it is time for you to temoer down your relentless campaign. HAL had sold helicopters to ecquador once. What happened to them? Meanwhile private industry was prohibidden for a long time to produce anything defence related much less export. Once the playing field is a lot more even we can compare.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I think it is time for you to temoer down your relentless campaign. HAL had sold helicopters to ecquador once. What happened to them?
Yes, listen to what the guy comparing pre-2015 India with India2020 thinks!..

porky_kicker

Country flag
Could you please give me a little bit of hint, I am not that regular in this thread, may be I missed some of your earlier updates in the past. Its a request.
Sorry

Can't elaborate

Anyways pic is self explanatory - external shell with lid and all and a not so pointy container inside which might contain a pointy thing inside.

jik60

Country flag
Sorry

Can't elaborate

Anyways pic is self explanatory - external shell with lid and all and a not so pointy container inside which might contain a pointy thing inside.
I was aware of those facts but I am confused,whether its an A or a K? Chances of being both are pretty high.

Chinmoy

Country flag
@Chinmoy
Long time no talk
Before I go

Remember I once posted something about deeply buried underground structures.

Some days back I confirmed it
What was interesting for me to know that even deeply buried structures need protection against HEMP.
Long time No Net.....

Please enter a message with at least 30 characters.

Global Defence

Articles