China's first indigenous carrier CV17

smooth manifold

Country flag
There's also a third carrier under constructions isn't it?
Maybe you're right. I'm not sure about it.

No official confirmation about the existence of the third aircraft carrier so far.
But CSIS gave a subtle answer in April, 2019.
https://chinapower.csis.org/china-carrier-type-002/

overflying image of this mysterious structure in early August, 2019.

so it's possibly the rumored third carrier but still needs more evidence.

Last edited:

smooth manifold

Country flag
Sept. 23 update
flags raised. deck work continues. aircraft mock ups not towed away.

Last edited:

smooth manifold

Country flag
Oct. 12, 2019 update
scaffolds removed, engine started, in preparation for the 8th sea trial (possibly the last one)

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am still waiting for a Chinese carrier to do a world port tour. Their primary job is to wave the flag.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
if waving a flag can achieve the effects of a costly combat, why not wave a flag?
Your frigates running on French engines have done it, I don't see any carriers though. Maybe they are afraid it will break down?

Last edited:

smooth manifold

Country flag
Your frigates running on French engines have done it, I don't see any carriers though.
lol

054A型导弹护卫舰成军后大量更换此前装备中国人民解放军海军的053系列护卫舰,成为其护卫舰队中坚。同时,054A型导弹护卫舰后续建造的批次持续进行着不同程度的改良:首舰至四号舰为第一批次,这四艘采用原装法国柴油机动力系统;五号舰开始为第二批次,采用国产化的柴油机动力系统并且将原外飘的舰艏舷侧墙改为更隐身的折线设计;从十七号舰开始为第三批次,主要的改进是采用更先进的1130近防炮代替原730近防炮,以及311主动/被动拖曳线阵声纳系统代替206拖曳线阵声纳系统;从二十七号舰开始为第四批次,全面换装新一代电子战系统。

machine translate:
Subsequent construction of the 054A missile frigate continued to be improved to varying degrees: the first ship to the fourth ship was the first batch, the four used the original French diesel engine power system; the fifth ship began the second batch, using The domestically produced diesel engine power system has changed the original ship's side wall to a more invisible fold line design; starting from the 17th ship, the third batch, the main improvement is to replace the more advanced 1130 near-proof gun. The original 730 near-anti-aircraft, and the 311 active/passive towed line array sonar system replaced the 206 towed line array sonar system; starting from the 27th ship, the fourth batch, completely replaced with a new generation of electronic warfare system.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles