Astra BVRAAM

Atcjurvin

It seems old solid fueled Astra-2 is cancelled. Astra 1 will be followed by Astra Ramjet = Astra SFDR = Astra 2
if it is true then it is very wrong decision astra mk2 should have range of 150km whereas sfdr should have 300+km porkis will get pl 15 from Chinese we should also have same thing in our arsenal. And moreover sfdr gave us an alternative of meteor. Decision makers in drdo are totally clown.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
if it is true then it is very wrong decision astra mk2 should have range of 150km whereas sfdr should have 300+km porkis will get pl 15 from Chinese we should also have same thing in our arsenal. And moreover sfdr gave us an alternative of meteor. Decision makers in drdo are totally clown.
Arre bhai, astra will have increased range.
And astra version two will be different missile altogether.

Atcjurvin

Arre bhai, astra will have increased range.
No sfdr astra will have 160-200 km range way less than meteor. Earlier drdo announced that sfdr missile will have range above 300km now I don't understand that why they downgraded it. Astramk2 and sfdr would have diversified out arsenal and would have made us independent. Now porki junk fighter will get 300km pl 15 it will be great disadvantage to us I bet we will beg from Mbda to integrate meteor in amca and tejas. Whole world should learn from drdo that how not to plan.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
No sfdr astra will have 160-200 km range way less than meteor. Earlier drdo announced that sfdr missile will have range above 300km now I don't understand that why they downgraded it. Astramk2 and sfdr would have diversified out arsenal and would have made us independent. Now porki junk fighter will get 300km pl 15 it will be great disadvantage to us I bet we will beg from Mbda to integrate meteor in amca and tejas. Whole world should learn from drdo that how not to plan.
Just like they downgraded agni-5 range.
Anyway astra missile modification can increase it's range to the one hundred and fifty kilometers range.

Atcjurvin

Just like they downgraded agni-5 range.
Anyway astra missile modification can increase it's range to the one hundred and fifty kilometers range.
I also believe that using sfdr for astra will be more better and especially too in a range of 200km as sfdr missiles are usually above 300km it will give much better speed and kinetic energy. But still long range missiles are very necessary porkis with their pl 15 will be able to lock down on our jets way before us seems like morons sitting in drdo don't understand even after 27feb that how bvraam are important next time kill will be from jf17 and our jets will still be under ranged just like su 30.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I also believe that using sfdr for astra will be more better and especially too in a range of 200km as sfdr missiles are usually above 300km it will give much better speed and kinetic energy. But still long range missiles are very necessary porkis with their pl 15 will be able to lock down on our jets way before us seems like morons sitting in drdo don't understand even after 27feb that how bvraam are important next time kill will be from jf17 and our jets will still be under ranged just like su 30.
You know I raised that pl-15 point here.
And I do know chinese have supplied it to those bastards.
Also, some guidance from that Sweden saab will be there.
But let's see how can they with their pathetic radar can do that.
It means installing powerful radar on that jf-17,last time I heard it was for propaganda only.

Atcjurvin

You know I raised that pl-15 point here.
And I do know chinese have supplied it to those bastards.
Also, some guidance from that Sweden saab will be there.
But let's see how can they with their pathetic radar can do that.
It means installing powerful radar on that jf-17,last time I heard it was for propaganda only.
I bet another 27feb will happen and that time also the same excuse would be given and then we will beg from Mbda for meteors in our indegeneous jets. Even us normal persons of defence forum are better decision maker than those bastards sitting on drdo.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I bet another 27feb will happen and that time also the same excuse would be given and then we will beg from Mbda for meteors in our indegeneous jets. Even us normal persons of defence forum are better decision maker than those bastards sitting on drdo.
I think now we have r-37 now:confused1:, so if I am not wrong problem is somewhat right now solved.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We also have ks 172 but only for showoff as we are begging for meteor.
Novator did not receive the investment needed to complete its development. Russia was developing their own and IAF had been eyeing Meteor the entire time.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Novator did not receive the investment needed to complete its development. Russia was developing their own and IAF had been eyeing Meteor the entire time.
ks-172 is for slow flying objects like AWACS,aerial refuelers not fighter jets.

Atcjurvin

Sfdr can easily give us a desi meteor drdo guys are downgrading it IAF need to strongly protest against this.

Atcjurvin

So is the R-37M which makes little need for Russia to invest in Novator.

If it was so easy you would have had it long ago.
Sfdr is under testing it got sanctioned in 2012 as stated by drdo it's range was above 300km.

Chinmoy

Country flag

Why are you mixing up SFDR and Astra?

One is technology and other is missile.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
It seems old solid fueled Astra-2 is cancelled. Astra 1 will be followed by Astra Ramjet = Astra SFDR = Astra 2
Do India mastered the solid ramjet technology ?
Liquid one, yes thanks to Brahmos. But powder one is another challenge.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Answer to long range paki AAM is probably not another long range AAM, rather EW pods on Indian fighters, tankers and surveillance planes.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Who ever said ASTRA MK.2 was to be a METEOR equivalent???

ASTRA MK.2 is to counter the AIM-120C and at 150++ km range this is more than achievable.

SFDR is a technology, once mastered it can be utilised for future projects, why assume ASTRA MK.2 is the end of the road? They’ve taken QRSAM from nothing to ready for production in less than 5 years, clearly a compression of project timelines is happening and these guys are serious now.

Insulting these experts becuase your unfounded fantasies are not being fulfilled to your arbitrary expectations is ridiculous.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And why are even fighting over which side's got the better ranged AAMs when we can simply destroy their runways/airstrips from within our side of the border, with ground-launched PGMs alone??!! I mean how on earth those PAF fighters gonna get airborne we leave them no runways left to take off from?? Why you guys hellbent on fighting the enemy on his turn, it's simply mind-numbing, to say the least!!

I say we go full Dresden on these mother fuckers' asses the next time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles