INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

ashicjose

Not that the platform will always sits on oil lock, their should be some safety locks more then just the hydraulics, note that the landing aircraft might also touch or pass through the lift area putting pressure more then 30 tons.
No idea about these kind of lifts for the hydraulic passenger/freight elevators there is only oil lock.

anildubey

what are the two chicks doing in background ??
A Simple advice - Instead of learning Russian (which will not hurt but has a long learning curve), why not get the manual translated from RUSSIAN to ENGLISH or HINDI ??????????????? Is that too difficult ? I am sure I am wrong here but this does not make sense (at least the reasoning given is not).

anildubey

Learning to speak Russian so they can read the manual. :laugh:
A Simple advice - Instead of learning Russian (which will not hurt but has a long learning curve), why not get the manual translated from RUSSIAN to ENGLISH or HINDI ??????????????? Is that too difficult ? I am sure I am wrong here but this does not make sense (at least the reasoning given is not).

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
in 1971 war with Pakistan, Indian navy communicated in Russian that confused Pakistan navy thinking that Russians who were on Indian side were attacking them.....:rofl: Plus communication in Russian would have taken its own time for Pakistanis to understand what they are saying. So it has its own advantages.

pmaitra

in 1971 war with Pakistan, Indian navy communicated in Russian that confused Pakistan navy thinking that Russians who were on Indian side were attacking them.....:rofl: Plus communication in Russian would have taken its own time for Pakistanis to understand what they are saying. So it has its own advantages.
Yes, the Soviet Osa attack boats were used to strike Karachi. They were all communicating in Russian. These boats had short range, so were towed closer to Karachi by other ships, and then released, after which they sped off towards Karachi and wrecked havoc.

Excellent example Mr. Sayare.

p2prada

Mistranslation can lead to a lot of headaches. It is better to learn the language. Air Force will be busy learning French now, because of Rafale apart from the Russian courses.

The poor blokes in Pakistan will have to learn Mandarin. Haha!

Neil

Country flag
OT...:: please check out the pick of the newly unveiled carrier USS Gerald R. Ford

the island is the smallest i have seen on any carrier....that to at the very end...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
OT...:: please check out the pick of the newly unveiled carrier USS Gerald R. Ford

the island is the smallest i have seen on any carrier....that to at the very end...
now days Island work as air traffic controller, plus for airdefence role,

p2prada

Compared to the size of the carrier the island looks small, but it is quite big. It is smaller than the one on Nimitz though.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Do we have a final count of number & types aircraft that will be operated from this carrier yet?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Do we have a final count of number & types aircraft that will be operated from this carrier yet?

30 aircrafts including helo consists of HAL chetak, KA-31, KA-27, sea king, MIG-29K & NLCA..

bhramos

Country flag
Already its fixed 16 MiG-29K and other Rotary Helli's [ Ka-28 ASW + Ka-31 AEW + Dhruv ]...

Last edited:

Defcon 1

Country flag
Already its fixed 16 MiG-29K and other Rotary Helli's [ Ka-28 ASW + Ka-31 AEW + Dhruv ]...
Any confirmation on the count of helos?

Also I have been repeatedly hearing it will be 30-34 migs. Is 16 confirmed? If true, then it would be too less.

p2prada

Gorky will have one squadron of Mig-29s, 16 in number out of which 4 are trainers. So, technically 12 Mig-29Ks.

Vikrant may carry two squadrons of Mig-29s. That's how the orders were placed anyway. 16+29. No idea how many trainer versions were procured out of the 29 though. I am guessing we will at least see 24 Mig-29s on Vikrant. Maybe a few N-LCA will be used alongside the Mig-29s, but that does not make sense. Initial orders are only 6 LCAs so there is a chance 3 or 4 may go on Vikrant. Gorky is already packed.

Both will carry 10 special mission helicopters. 2 or 3 medium lift helicopters too. Navy has no interest in Dhruv for use on ships. They want a 10 ton helicopter.

Vishaal will see a different set of aircraft from the Naval MRCA tender which will be launched sometime in the future.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Gorky will have one squadron of Mig-29s, 16 in number out of which 4 are trainers. So, technically 12 Mig-29Ks.

Vikrant may carry two squadrons of Mig-29s. That's how the orders were placed anyway. 16+29. No idea how many trainer versions were procured out of the 29 though. I am guessing we will at least see 24 Mig-29s on Vikrant. Maybe a few N-LCA will be used alongside the Mig-29s, but that does not make sense. Initial orders are only 6 LCAs so there is a chance 3 or 4 may go on Vikrant. Gorky is already packed.

Both will carry 10 special mission helicopters. 2 or 3 medium lift helicopters too. Navy has no interest in Dhruv for use on ships. They want a 10 ton helicopter.

Vishaal will see a different set of aircraft from the Naval MRCA tender which will be launched sometime in the future.
Will those 4 mig trainers will be armed? If not, does it make sense to put them on a carrier and waste crucial space?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles