INS Vikramaditya (Adm Gorshkov) aircraft carrier

ashicjose

It is obvious from the picture they have cable/pulley operated lifts; but in addition to that, they also have hydraulic, as per one blogger in Oleg Kuleshov's blog.

So, you are correct, it is combo.
There is no sign of hydraulic system but as per payeng said if there is secondary operator and provision for manual operation ,no cause to worry unless if thee is no periodic maintenance and checking.

H.A.

is there any other angle of the picture...my doubt is how can you lift any load from only one side, both traction / locking system and the pulley is on one side whereas on the other its simple rail system, how can it provide a stable platform...or am i missing something?

ashicjose

is there any other angle of the picture...my doubt is how can you lift any load from only one side, both traction / locking system and the pulley is on one side whereas on the other its simple rail system, how can it provide a stable platform...or am i missing something?
Other also have pulley and rope if you watch closely you can discover that.Usually the rope coming from the left side going through the car (platform) some from top and other from behind to right side in this (Vikramadithya) case I am little confused.

p2prada

Well. All systems used in the military are expected to have some levels of redundancy or else failure of one can cripple the whole.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Zoom in the picture and get a better view.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I am not sure why it requires support on 4 sides. Most of the aircraft elevators I see only have two and leaves a wide open space to pull the aircraft from. With that corner piece in the way makes manuevering aircraft more difficult.

pmaitra

There is no sign of hydraulic system but as per payeng said if there is secondary operator and provision for manual operation ,no cause to worry unless if thee is no periodic maintenance and checking.
That was as per one blogger, who claimed to have worked on Gorshkov's hydraulic systems.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

The lower left part of the image their seems to be some hydraulic instruments which may control those cable wires, hydraulic on cable wire do not seems a new concept in present times take the case of the Hydraulic winch crane or I am unable to state the correct term :)confused:)

pmaitra

The lower left part of the image their seems to be some hydraulic instruments which may control those cable wires, hydraulic on cable wire do not seems a new concept in present times take the case of the Hydraulic winch crane or I am unable to state the correct term :)confused:)
What are those pipes for?

ashicjose

What are those pipes for?

Seems to be a part of some kind of drainage system.

@payeng.......may be you were right the 2 1/2'' black color pipes coming from the wall could be a part of hydraulic system but there is no sign of piston may be its in ground level.

pmaitra

Its not for the winches, may be its for the rain water ?
If they are not for the winches, why are they connected to the winches, which are under the lift-floor?

If they are meant to drain water from the winches, why aren't similar pipes connected to the pulleys, that are exposed to the sky?

What about the pipes in the picture above? Are they drainage pipes? :D

ashicjose

If they are not for the winches, why are they connected to the winches, which are under the lift-floor?

If they are meant to drain water from the winches, why aren't similar pipes connected to the pulleys, that are exposed to the sky?

What about the pipes in the picture above? Are they drainage pipes. :D
No idea about the pipes shown in the picture.the pipes in the lift not connected to the winches but it to the floor.

pmaitra

No idea about the pipes shown in the picture.the pipes in the lift not connected to the winches but it to the floor.
Those pipes in the TATA-HITACHI digger carry hydraulic fluids, that operate the larger hydraulic jacks, and the front claw.

The pipes in the lift of Vikramaditya are connected to all the four winches. Look closely.

ashicjose

Those pipes in the TATA-HITACHI digger carry hydraulic fluids, that operate the larger hydraulic jacks, and the front claw.

The pipes in the lift of Vikramaditya are connected to all the four winches. Look closely.

we were talking about the pipes you marked red and the winch/pulley in the vikramadithya is to hang the lift.

pmaitra

This video is more relevant. This is not about a hydraulic-jack, but a hydraulic-winch:

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

we were talking about the pipes you marked red and the winch/pulley in the vikramadithya is to hang the lift.
Winches are never used to hang anything. They are used for locomotion. To lift things.

If you need to hang something, you just use a hook harness. If you have a vehicle stuck in the mud or a hole, you use the winch to pull it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles