Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

STGN

I should have mentioned that the turret face and the hull side are not on the same vertical plane.

But I don't know there are few half baked trolls who don't a kernel about perspective drawing. Don't troll on'
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3126/qwzn.jpg

Any bud head will know that the turret face is deeper than the hull side in the photo and a factor 1.x should be multiplied to arive at the correct turret width.I already told you the analogy of photo of the railway track, but your trolling intentions won't let you accept it and instead blindly support a wrong claim and argue against a correct view point.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag8/ersakthivel/aa_zps1122bb72.png

You can get the same ratio of 1.2 for hatchcover width/hatch cover height from the pivot.

So this photo would finally jam all trolling .
Oh what do you know wrong again:

What is it you say? oh yeah "you can't argue with this". Off cause this photo will not stop all trolling unfortunately :(
STGN

The Last Stand

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas, if their measurements are wrong, why aren't ersakthivel's?

Seems to me that you are lobbying unfairly for someone. :hmm:

And do you think they would allow a teen with a measuring tape to climb onto state secrets and measure values, just because I want to? :rofl:

And did you really measure the tank with tape? If not, we can't believe you either - that's what they've been trying to say all along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I am lobbying ? in that case you are trolling..

I know my hand measurements which is way accurate than pixel measurements..

===============
===============

My advice would be same as was before, Get on a real tank take some measurements then talk otherwise quite down, you are wasting bandwidth..

If some teen wish to claim on the Arjun he can surly do at defexpo 2014, though under parental control, I don't want anyone try to insert his head inside breach..

@Kunal Biswas, if their measurements are wrong, why aren't ersakthivel's?

Seems to me that you are lobbying unfairly for someone. :hmm:

And do you think they would allow a teen with a measuring tape to climb onto state secrets and measure values, just because I want to? :rofl:

And did you really measure the tank with tape? If not.

sayareakd

Country flag
I am lobbying ? in that case you are trolling..

I know my hand measurements which is way accurate than pixel measurements..
You take a measuring tape and they wont allow you anywhere near the tank, may be they will even take out INSAS, just to say that they are serious.

militarysta

You take a measuring tape and they wont allow you anywhere near the tank, may be they will even take out INSAS, just to say that they are serious.

Just put on armour pencil or smartfon, or other thing and do the picture :D
You can have in you hand for example umbrella or briefcase. And this is enought too. In fact im biger will be object hold/take as a scale then mesurment wil be more accurate. Of coure needed is real dimension hold thing (umbrela, etc).
They are many way to mesure some think. :)

Twinblade

Country flag
Use a rigid object. If possible, use a booklet or brochure from the event and measure it at home. Straight edged objects are preferable. Recommended:-

1. A box of cigarettes.
2. Notebook
3. A bundle of fresh currency notes straight from bank :D
4. Credit card.
5. Pens and pencils.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
More or less on all avaibvle Arjun draw, and on photo mesurment turret front in circa 2.84m width. Only @ersakthivel little mistakes and creative counting give bigger value :)
As I said dozen of turret front mesurment whit using those draw give the same result:

Of course width on crew hatches is bigger couse Arjun turret shape:

And this is next thing to hard to understand for some person here...
Don't lie. No available arjun draw has turret width marked as 2.84 meter.

You were just blindly following the leads given by Dejawolf, Damian (the original troll who started this acrimonious argument )and STGN(who repeatedly goes back and front on his claims on turret width.)

It was Damian who started this troll war with the stupid claim that there is only 300 mm LOS for armor behind the main sight.

And Dejawolf trolled on vainly for ninety pages trying to prove the stupid claim with his Leo 3d model.

You became an unwitting foot soldier on their useless claims.

Now the debate is over means you guys must do the decent thing by keeping quiet about it.

Saying I am lobbying for Kunal biswas as STGN says is even more stupid. I have never even seen the face of Kunal.
I studied Mech eng which has 6 papers on engineering and perspective drawing . SO I don't need a credit card or umbrella or any hard object to know a measurement.

I know which perpendicular plane to measure in a perspective drawing because i always secured more than 80 percent in drawing exams

I just saw the unending trolling by P2Prada on ADA tejas III thread and the same here by Damian and decided to burst their bubbles. Thats all.

The hatch cover measurement is final for all practical purpose.Since you can not troll on this subject any further does not mean we have to invent a parallel universe to prove your wrong arguments as right.

sayareakd

Country flag
Guys dont worry.i am lawyer and i know how to prove things and take measurements. Since.i have already taken it that is why i say that measurements given here are.wrong.

militarysta

Don't lie. No available arjun draw has turret width marked as 2.84 meter.
Of course it is:
Kampfpanzer heute und morgen, written by Rolf Hilms.
I post this sevral times here.:

Draw from Kampfpanzer heute und morgen:

DRDO width - 3864mm

red line 256px - 3864mm
190px - 2867mm (2,86m)
158px - 2384mm (2,38m)
20px - 301mm (30cm...)

Or this draw:

DRDO width - 3864mm

The hatch cover measurement is final for all practical purpose.Since you can not troll on this subject any further does not mean we have to invent a parallel universe to prove your wrong arguments as right.
It's "final" only in your wet dream.
You are tottal hypocrite -you are looking any posible perspective error in my draw and mesurment but fact that your, compleltly pointles, and whit sevral times bigger error "face" and "hatch" mesurment is OK for you and " final for all". No it's not - you even can't mark hatch hight properly including perspectiwe or angles. Error present on your "mesurment" is close to the 25-30% what makes them pointless. What more - as ussaly - while you have simple and easly to count surface (turret hight on corner) and easly to count it to width you are trying to escape in complelty stupid, wnd whit enormous error "face" or "hatch" masurment.

ps. Kunal - dont delate this post, it's important to face whit some problem here.

militarysta

It was Damian who started this troll war with the stupid claim that there is only 300 mm LOS for armor behind the main sight.
And he have right. Arjun LOS behin main sight is between 300 and 400mm LOS.
My own mesurment give circa 350mm max, Dejawolf circa 380mm max.
More or les Arjun protection after main sight is non existing against modern tank rounds and ATGMs. Thats all.

militarysta

Again draw from Kampfpanzer un morgen whit DRDO offcial width:

Tured width is fluent betwenn 2.75 to 2.9m including some error it can be between 2.85 to 3.0

militarysta

Same Goes for Leo A4 against 80s rounds like Mango and Israeli and Polish once.. ?
Rather not.
LOS behind Leo-2A4 sight is 650mm LOS what is circa 40% MORE then in Arjun :)
Abilities mentioned rounds are between 460 and 520mm on 2000m

Weak place after EMES-15 have 650mm LOS armour and it shoud achive protect 500 vs KE and -1000 vs CE. So it's "om edge" of the efectivenss for sucht rounds.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I doubt, Are there any-kind of composite Armour behind the sights, officially ??

Rather not. Weak place after EMES-15 have 650mm LOS armour and it shoud achive protect 500 vs KE and -1000 vs CE. So it's "om edge" of the efectivenss for sucht rounds.

STGN

Guys dont worry.i am lawyer and i know how to prove things and take measurements. Since.i have already taken it that is why i say that measurements given here are.wrong.
great what is hull width, hull length, track width, are the turret sides parralel with the the hull sides is the front of the turret roof sloped. overall turret width, width of cmd hatch

If you know the numbers please give them I mean you could finish all arguments and prove DRDO numbers wrong. If you can't give these numbers and still just claim we are wrong we can only assume you actually don't have the numbers and can be ignored.
STGN

Last edited:

sayareakd

Country flag
great what is hull width, hull length, track width, are the turret sides parralel with the the hull sides is the front of the turret roof sloped. overall turret width, width of cmd hatch

If you know the numbers please give them I mean you could finish all arguments and prove DRDO numbers wrong. If you can't give these numbers and still just claim we are wrong we can only assume you actually don't have the numbers and can be ignored.
STGN
not that many just very few, you guys can use that scale for others.