Know Your 'Rafale'

JayATL

Of course grounded aircrafts are useless aircrafts.
So mig 29k are useless because they were grounded recently too... Or your purposefully not getting it through your head that grounding of an aircraft for a short while, does not mean it lacks superiority.

p2prada

You should have seen the back slapping in the Senate yesterday.
Hmm. What happened?

Now that the Rafael won, anyone remember what was the technical detail that got Dassault disqualified earlier?
It was a rumour.

@methos

IAF was always interested in procuring the Rafale. IN chief has vocally said they would prefer the Rafale even though they sent a RFI to LM for the F-35.

We know very well that IAF chose the two best aircraft in contention and MoF chose the cheapest of the birds. IAF preferred the Rafale and they are going to get what they wanted.

Last edited:

trackwhack

JayATL, your awesomeness, I leave this thread in continued awe of your wisdom.

btw newsflash: India rejected three American planes while selecting its latest bird. Until next time. Ciao.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
So mig 29k are useless because they were grounded recently too... Or your purposefully not getting it through your head that grounding of an aircraft for a short while, does not mean it lacks superiority.
Get your facts straight they were grounded for upgrades. Super Hornet,F-16,F-35 are all out
accept this and go on with your life. There is no guarantee US will not bow to Chinese pressure
in the future as Obama has demonstrated thruout his presidency.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Almost 60%+ of SH get cracked wings within 10 years, this is unofficially from a friend of mine
in the US navy.
Never heard such things.

Well, Difference between Raf, SH and ET are very small. IMO, SH is complete fighter jets with 4.99 generation capability and features. I think, it's more about personal choice based on few specific points. Rafale has some other unique quality. Look wise, it's best.

Now, only discuss about Rafale because that what matters to us. :rolleyes:

p2prada

Phase 1 and 2 of the battle are over. Phase 3 is to start soon and is not yet won.
Recent history shows that Dassault is not particularly brilliant in this critical phase.
I would definitely have to agree with you there. But UAE is demanding more for less.

Let's be honest. The upgrades costs Dassault requested for UAEs requirements is lesser than what India is paying for the Snecma GTRE JV for a Kaveri 2 alone.

trackwhack

Get your facts straight they were grounded for upgrades. Super Hornet,F-16,F-35 are all out
accept this and go on with your life. There is no guarantee US will not bow to Chinese pressure
in the future as Obama has demonstrated thruout his presidency.
Sorry to quote your response LF, but thats exactly what he is doing right now - getting on with his life. There is no more to it.

KS

Bye bye DFI
This is an a pure fabricated Internet pipe dream. There is no sure concern from the Indian govt period. Tell me a scenario were US will sanction a hugely important client and trade partner like India? Give me one scenario...to back up this fabricated claim
The next day we explode a new nuke, for example.

You did two times before and its a no-brainer you will do it again. And even if you say that US will not sanction India, we just cant take the risk...$ 20 billion and 174 fighters are too steep a price to take a risk..We trust Russia and France more than US because even when we were in a vulnerable position they did not sanction us and stood by us. That kind of trust is simply not got by demanding, but by cultivating.

US is now an important ally to India..but these are fair weather days..aint it..? The true importance will only be known in times of rough weather. We got to know about that from Russia and France. USA has still not passed the test.

Just accept our position and move on instead of fighting like a kid for a candy.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Hold on - don't make sweeping claims like that - you know that to reach per capita income levels of $20,000 a year by 2030 (from the current $1475) India has to grow at the rate of 9.5% year by year EVERY year till 2040 or at the rate of 15% year by year EVERY year till 2030.

A more reasonable amount is a growth rate of 8% - which means by 2030 India's per capita GDP will be - $6335 and by 2040 it will be $2040.

If you meant PPP, then remember that GDP-per capita PPP changes a LOT more depending upon the purchasing power parity and is very difficult to predict.

India's gdp IS growing at 15%:cool2::cool2: per year because that figure $1475 is in nominal terms and not in PPP and so india's growth is 7-8%+7%(inflation) , and of course by PPP ours is already above 3500 so 8-9% CAN take us to percapita income of $20,000 whether PPP or nominal:thumb::thumb::thumb:

p2prada

Hey. Can I have a link to all the Ajai Shukla ranting on NDTV?

Maybe a transcript. Thanks in advance.

p2prada

Hold on - don't make sweeping claims like that - you know that to reach per capita income levels of $20,000 a year by 2030 (from the current $1475) India has to grow at the rate of 9.5% year by year EVERY year till 2040 or at the rate of 15% year by year EVERY year till 2030.

A more reasonable amount is a growth rate of 8% - which means by 2030 India's per capita GDP will be - $6335 and by 2040 it will be $2040.

If you meant PPP, then remember that GDP-per capita PPP changes a LOT more depending upon the purchasing power parity and is very difficult to predict.
Let's not bring economy in the thread. But you are forgetting about exchange rate corrections.

p2prada

Will you be able to control yourself and not smash your monitor ? :D
My monitor is more important than Ajai Shukla's rants. Hehe!

I actually want to know what the Air Marshal thinks and not what Shukla thinks.

Param

The next day we explode a new nuke.

You did two times before and its a no-brainer you will do it again. And even if you say that US will not sanction India, we just cant take the risk...$ 20 billion and 174 fighters are too steep a price to take a risk..We trust Russia and France more than US because even when we were in a vulnerable position they did not sanction us and stood by us. That kind of trust is simply not got by demanding, but by cultivating.

US is now an important ally to India..but these are fair weather days..aint it..? The true importance will only be known in times of rough weather. We got to know about that from Russia and France. USA has still not passed the test.

Just accept our position and move on instead of fighting like a kid for a candy.
I think its not just about trust. Just imagine how much the Russians would have been pissed off if such a huge contract had gone to the US.

The Pakis would have been salivating along with the Chinese.

p2prada

This is an a pure fabricated Internet pipe dream. There is no sure concern from the Indian govt period. Tell me a scenario were US will sanction a hugely important client and trade partner like India? Give me one scenario...to back up this fabricated claim
China is US's largest trade partner and is under major military sanctions.

Articles