Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

AbRaj

Country flag
Lockdown extended to 3/may/2020 :(

I am dying right now. @mods please do not remove my post when I abuse these filthy chinese. They are responsible for this lockdown.
I need fresh air. :(
Me too. Have been rotting in Delhi since the beginning. Starting to get anxious now. Can’t concentrate on work anymore.
Feeling homesick for the first time in my life.

AMCA

Country flag
India to boost drug ingredient output to pare China reliance
India plans to ramp up production of pharmaceutical ingredients to become an alternative supplier to China.
By Bloomberg | Updated: Apr 14, 2020, 06.17 AM IST

AFP
The current crisis also gives an opportunity to India to challenge China’s stronghold on supplying basic drug ingredients.
By Shruti SrivastavaIndia plans to ramp up production of pharmaceutical ingredients and become an alternative supplier for global drugmakers hit by factory shutdowns in China due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The Indian government has aggressively begun implementing a policy to ramp up local output and emerge as an alternate to China, according to people familiar with the plan who asked not to be identified as discussions are not public yet. The so-called “China-plus one” strategy involves identifying essential drug ingredients, providing incentives to domestic manufacturers and reviving ailing state-run drugmakers, they said.
ADVERTISEMENT

The deadly coronavirus, which shut down vast swathes of the Chinese economy before becoming a pandemic, snapped global supply chains as factories in Asia’s largest economy fell silent. For India -- world’s single-largest exporter of generic drugs -- this triggered raw material shortages and exposed its dependence on Chinese imports. The south Asian nation relies on bulk ingredients from China to manufacture a fifth of the global supplies of drugs that are off patents.

ADVERTISEMENT

India imports almost 70% of its bulk drugs and intermediates - the chemicals that make a finished drug work -- from China. A number of these are sourced from Hubei province, where the pathogen first emerged in late-December. Of the total $3.56 billion imports of such products in 2018-19, China’s share was $2.4 billion, according to information presented in the Indian parliament.

The current crisis also gives an opportunity to India to challenge China’s stronghold on supplying basic drug ingredients.
ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Outbreak Exposes Faults in Antibiotics Pipeline
After announcing a 140-billion-rupee ($1.8 billion) fund last month for setting up three drug manufacturing hubs, the government has identified 53 key starting materials and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) whose output will be boosted on priority, the people said. These include fever-medicine paracetamol and antibiotics such as penicillin and ciprofloxacin.

ADVERTISEMENT
Discussions are also underway on the viability of reviving on loss-making state-owned drugmakers Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd. and Indian Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd. to speed up this process and ensure affordable medicines, the people familiar said.

“Indian bulk drug manufacturers could grow income by $3.3 billion if they expand capacity and global supply as the virus outbreak disrupts China’s pharma sector,” Mia He and Jamie Maarten, analysts with Bloomberg Intelligence wrote in a March 16 note.

Essential Medicines
Of the 373 drugs listed under India’s national essential medicines list, some 200 are imported as APIs, mostly from China, Dinesh Dua, chairman of Pharmexcil, an export promotion council under the trade ministry, said Blomberg.

Sudhir Vaid, chairman and managing director, Concord Biotech Ltd, said the government should support local companies by giving low cost power, subsidies and faster approvals. It takes as long as three years to get approvals, Vaid said.

“If the government goes full throttle with the monetary help in one cluster, it can become a success in two years,” Pharmexil’s Dua said. “In five years, we can replicate that model throughout the country.”

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Me too. Have been rotting in Delhi since the beginning. Starting to get anxious now. Can’t concentrate on work anymore.
Feeling homesick for the first time in my life.
I have this newfound respect for my mother and other housewives and even for those work from home fuckers. How do they do it?

Good news is I am not craving for cigarettes anymore and it's been 20 days since I last smoke a cigarette.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not getting dumber. Intellectualism is on rise among Indian RWs.
I said, some dumbos still exist. Of same kind for which we make fun of leftists and Islamists.
I agree,as long as they(dumbos) stay in the shadows,no harm no foul.

But that it seems like these dumbos find their way into getting mid level positions in party/govt.

That hurts the whole narrative. For example,lets take the guy I mentioned in my earlier post,that idiot(tn bjp leader) was picked over the dozens of other intellectuals for the job.

Same goes for the motormouths you mentioned in your earlier posts. You can see this trend over and over again in the mid level positions.

I should've been more specific in my earlier comment,my point here is this,
"Dumbos getting rewarded over intellectuals,At least in mid level positions."

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Hindus are generally politically naive, be it left or right. Both of them borrow concepts from the west without thinking of local conditions.
Not all of Hindus. Except a few crazy military enthusiasts, political commentators and fanboys, majority of people around the world are politically naive. All they care about is their day and their trips.
They are just confused people who run after anything which they "like" and aren't really RW or LW. They also include fence sitters and make uptown 99% of voters and decide patty's fate.

Contrary to us fanboys who are clear about political orientation with choice and reasons and are hardcore supporters of our parties but are an invisible minority.

Anyway, no more off topic posts please.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Delhi is.releasing Information about Markaz Cases by saying " Special Operations " cases

MUMBAI is not disclosing this information

fyodor

Country flag
Isi bahane tumhari adat chut jayegi
Initially I was worried about my cigarette supplies but I went to my sutta shop guy home and he supplied a pack everyday. Was a great outing for me and when police stopped me, I was out to buy some medicines and milk. :devil:

Now I have 10 cigarettes currently in stock. Looks like nothing can stop the determined from getting what they want.

captscooby81

Country flag
Funding from Sores makes these mofos jump like monkey every second on india .

I’m wondering how these Mofos justify the hate they are peddling to India even in such a tough times. Even when it’s very much possible that he is going to die by the same China virus pandemic , he is using as a tool to malign India. Just have a look at his Twitter posts and you will know what he is doing.

The Ultranationalist

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I would blame it solely on the CCP. They covered up the infections to not lose face. The muzzie explanation is mainly for people with low IQ ( like andbhakts).

Unfortunately its impossible to boycott China as India cannot even recognise Taiwan. They are far too powerful.
This is why i say modi is not a strong leader, we need a leader like Ho chi minh. Chinese bastards are occupying our land and this govt cant do jackshit to hurt them. All that we get is lectures in diplomacy and realities of geopolitics from the esteemed members of this forum.

Kumata

Country flag
Delhi is.releasing Information about Markaz Cases by saying " Special Operations " cases

MUMBAI is not disclosing this information
Sikularism of saadji is coming in the way.. he is santizing roads with his posters in front of machines as if he is doing a favor and bought these machines from his own pocket....

Kumata

Country flag
https://m.timesofindia.com/world/pa...ium=social&utm_campaign=TOI&utm_content=om-bm

The Pakistani attitude towards coronavirus is very simple I guess. God is taking those who deserve to die. Life and death is not in human hands anyway.
Do they have a choice in these matters.. when world was busy with preparing for pandemic, they were busy building morturies to keep dead people and beg china for underwear masks...and Niazi was begging to let go of his debts...

natually Allah is only savior ..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Given the precautions being taken by the government right now, I think it’s safe to assume that nobody will be allowed into the country unless they are vaccinated or prepared to undergo mandatory quarantine after lockdown is lifted.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Given the precautions being taken by the government right now, I think it’s safe to assume that nobody will be allowed into the country unless they are vaccinated or prepared to undergo mandatory quarantine after lockdown is lifted.
I really hope so ! Else the cycle will start all over again. But, we're looking into the future, let the existing situation defuse first (if it does).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles