Which state are you from?

Which state are you from?

• Total voters

Zaki

Country flag
I do not belong to any state I only belong to the country the Soverign nation INDIA stop playing mind games either your are a INDIAN or you are not. ONE NATION THEORY
I liked your post and the love towards your motherland. But i believe dividing in states does not divide your identity. States are made to serve peoples more better, states are made to reach peoples in fast and effective way. Your representatives from your state would know better than a guy living 1000 Kilometers away from your state. Having more states is always a good idea for the country. You have more peoples working for your local areas who would know better about your problems than anybody living far away.

In short: States does not divide you, it your hearts that divide you. Have more states but bring your hearts closer :)

@ topic

I am Punjab>>>Pakistan

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It is sad that only one person in these forums is from the Northeast states.

We need to wake up and quicken their development so they can grow with the rest of India.

ashdoc

Country flag
maharashtra........me marathi !!

Shur amhi sardar amhala kay kunachi bhiti ?
dev, desh an dharmapayi pran ghetale hati !
aaichya garbhat umagali zunjarachi reet
talvarishi lagin lagal jadali yedi prit
laakh sankat zelun gheyil ashi pahadi chhati
zunjav va katun marava hech amhala thav
ladhun marav marun jagav hech amhala thav
deshapayi sari isaru maya mamta nati

Last edited:

roach

My father is Punjabi, born and brought up in Jammu, J&K.
My mother is Kachi, born in Karachi just before partition then moved to Gujarat. I was born in Gujarat.
My father was an Air Force pilot and we moved to 10 different states, 10 different schools.
Then I joined the merchant Navy and travelled the world for 14 years.
I speak Hindi, English and understand a bit of Punjabi, Gujarati and Kachhi.
My wife is Bengali.

Please tell me which state I'm from, I can't figure it out myself.:happy_2:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Kerala,India and NYC, USA.

I am also a part of the Syriac Orthodox Christian community in India mostly in Kerala.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Namaste to all ! Great thread here. I am from the state of Sikkim, home to India's second highest peak (apart from claimed K2), the Kangchendzongkha (mostly written as Kanchenjunga). But being born in Delhi, I have been more exposed to north Indian ways of life and more of a "Hindi" attitude comes to me naturally than my original Bhutia community's.

Map locator

Sikkim is the 22nd state of India came into existence with effect from 26th April, 1975 and joined the union in 1961 as a part of eastern province. Sikkim has been divided into four districts and each district has further been differentiated into two sub-divisions for administrative purpose.

Sikkim, situated in the eastern Himalayas from longitude 880 03'40" to 880 57'19" East and from latitude 27 003'47" to 28 0 07'34" North, became the 22nd state of India on April 26,1975. It has a total area of 7,096 km2, 114 km from north to south and 64 km from east to west. The entire state is mountainous, with altitudes ranging from 300 to 8,586 meters from sea level. There are 440 villages, eight towns and four districts in Sikkim. The state has three major ethnic groups, namely Lepchas ,Bhutias and Nepalis The climate of the state varies from cold temperate and alpine in northeast to subtropical in the south. Agro-climatically, the state is divided into four zones, viz.,

Subtropical zone (below 1,000 metres)
Humid zone (1,000-1,600 metres)
Mid-hill dry zone (again in altitude ranging from 1,000-1,600 meters)
High hill temperate zone (with an altitude of above 1,600 meters)

The genetic diversity, of both forest vegetation and agricultural crops, is enormous. The state has about 600 plant species and more than 4,000 species of flowering plants.

TSOMGO LAKE

Kanghendzongkha

My city of Gangtok

Statue of Guru Rinponche

ZERO POINT, NORTH SIKKIM

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Namaste to all ! Great thread here. I am from the state of Sikkim, home to India's second highest peak (apart from claimed K2), the Kangchendzongkha (mostly written as Kanchenjunga). But being born in Delhi, I have been more exposed to north Indian ways of life and more of a "Hindi" attitude comes to me naturally than my original Bhutia community's.

Map locator

Sikkim is the 22nd state of India came into existence with effect from 26th April, 1975 and joined the union in 1961 as a part of eastern province. Sikkim has been divided into four districts and each district has further been differentiated into two sub-divisions for administrative purpose.

Sikkim, situated in the eastern Himalayas from longitude 880 03'40" to 880 57'19" East and from latitude 27 003'47" to 28 0 07'34" North, became the 22nd state of India on April 26,1975. It has a total area of 7,096 km2, 114 km from north to south and 64 km from east to west. The entire state is mountainous, with altitudes ranging from 300 to 8,586 meters from sea level. There are 440 villages, eight towns and four districts in Sikkim. The state has three major ethnic groups, namely Lepchas ,Bhutias and Nepalis The climate of the state varies from cold temperate and alpine in northeast to subtropical in the south. Agro-climatically, the state is divided into four zones, viz.,

Subtropical zone (below 1,000 metres)
Humid zone (1,000-1,600 metres)
Mid-hill dry zone (again in altitude ranging from 1,000-1,600 meters)
High hill temperate zone (with an altitude of above 1,600 meters)

The genetic diversity, of both forest vegetation and agricultural crops, is enormous. The state has about 600 plant species and more than 4,000 species of flowering plants.

TSOMGO LAKE

Kanghendzongkha

My city of Gangtok

Statue of Guru Rinponche

ZERO POINT, NORTH SIKKIM

Now you would know why China wants Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh so badly... higher ground; something which we Indians have maintained all these years. Losing Tibet was the worst blunder Nehru committed.

deepak75

I played anda phatti with Virender Sehwag. Guess where I am from :happy_2:

neo29

Me from Maharashtra .....

@Tshering22
I would love to visit eastern part of India. Who needs europe when we have equally beautiful Eastern India.

chex3009

Country flag

Gujarat - Where LIFE is a Celebration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tolaha

You come from a very beautiful place indeed! One of my long term plan is to visit Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh!

Welcome

Country flag
i am from Purvanchal (East UP)....is there any one from east UP ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles