Understanding China

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywatcher

Country flag
That's coz English doesn't use a pictogram based script. Oriental minds just aren't wired to understand non pictogram based scripts like English. But given their base in such pictogram based scripts & emphasis on calligraphy , they're good at copying.
Chinese scripts are probably the most ingenious and original invention of the various human writing systems. Any Chinese with middle school education can read two thousand years old Chinese classics without much effort and understand the scripts with some necessary annotations.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag
That's coz English doesn't use a pictogram based script. Oriental minds just aren't wired to understand non pictogram based scripts like English. But given their base in such pictogram based scripts & emphasis on calligraphy , they're good at copying.
Not only Chinese scripts put emphasis on calligraphy. So do the Arabic scripts and many other scripts.

skywatcher

Country flag
Chinese scripts are probably the most ingenious and original invention of the various human writing systems. Any Chinese with middle school education can read two thousand years old Chinese classics without much effort and understand the scripts with some necessary annotations.View attachment 209884
Take a wild guess, how many native English speakers or native Hindi speakers can read and understand Latin or Sanskrit without machine translate .
i_f25.png

jai jaganath

Country flag
Chinese scripts are probably the most ingenious and original invention of the various human writing systems. Any Chinese with middle school education can read two thousand years old Chinese classics without much effort and understand the scripts with some necessary annotations.View attachment 209884
What do u even know about education here
Here students are thought English, hindi or regional language or sanskrit till 8th
I mean few schools have 3 language system till 7th
But 2 is most important and especially after 8th
It could be
English+hindi
English+regional language
English+sanskrit
If some student wants then English+french/german/whatever
I personally learnt to write English+hindi+sanskrit(anyway the letters/lipi are generally hindi)
I know to speak tamil(more than little but not fluent)+english+odia+sanskrit

jai jaganath

Country flag
Take a wild guess, how many native English speakers or native Hindi speakers can read and understand Latin or Sanskrit without machine translate . View attachment 209887
Is it a joke, most of them in this nation know hindi or English or regional language
And even many can understand sanskrit
Both hindi and regional languages are derivative of sanskrit

skywatcher

Country flag
What do u even know about education here
Here students are thought English, hindi or regional language or sanskrit till 8th
I mean few schools have 3 language system till 7th
But 2 is most important and especially after 8th
It could be
English+hindi
English+regional language
English+sanskrit
If some student wants then English+french/german/whatever
I personally learnt to write English+hindi+sanskrit(anyway the letters/lipi are generally hindi)
I know to speak tamil(more than little but not fluent)+english+odia+sanskrit
so you can read Sanskirt classics without translate like the majority of Indians.
i_f25.png

Azaad

Country flag
So where does English alphabet copy from? Devanagari ?View attachment 209883

View attachment 209881
You're actually a descendant of a CCP official isn't it ? A princeling of some remote municipality in a remote province of China like say Gansu. I mean the ordinary Chinese is far more intelligent & resourceful than this . Only a princeling like you can afford to be stupid in a public forum without worrying about the consequences.

Azaad

Country flag
And how have those 2 thousand year old writings helped you if you're following a 150 yr old western political system - communism , you wear 3-4 centuries old western 3 piece suits & you're a connoisseur of 5-6 centuries old western classical music ?

jai jaganath

Country flag
so you can read Sanskirt classics without translate like the majority of Indians.View attachment 209892
Many can bcoz who knows hindi or regional language he can understand sanskrit and in India many students learn sanskrit till 10th
Problem is u don't know how dynamic sanskrit is
U think sanskrit can only be written in devnagri script but no
Let me give u reality check sanskrit can be written in any script be it odia bengali kannada or Tamil many more local scripts
People here have learnt sanskrit in different scripts literally there are 30+ local scripts where u can express sanskrit
Get ur basics right

skywatcher

Country flag
And how have those 2 thousand year old writings helped you if you're following a 150 yr old western political system - communism , you wear 3-4 centuries old western 3 piece suits & you're a connoisseur of 5-6 centuries old western classical music ?
I'm not familiar about clothing industry.
i_f25.png
If you want to know more about Chinese fashion, ask @SexyChineseLady.

Azaad

Country flag
Not only Chinese scripts put emphasis on calligraphy. So do the Arabic scripts and many other scripts.
Arabic scripts eh ? Now for some reason the Arabs aren't the most original thinkers too. In fact the most famous of their works is known as The Recitation & is still meant to be memorised by rote. Bad example ,me thinks .

skywatcher

Country flag
Time travel to my previous post.
That's too silly. you can't time travel in the framework of general theory of relativity without accelerating to, say, 10% of light speed.
i_f25.png

Last edited:

Blademaster

Again u r shit posting without know the essence of civilization
And what can u expect from a Chinese who themselves killed their culture and heritage
Good you are showing signs of resisting the chinese indoctrination.

srevster

Country flag
Many can bcoz who knows hindi or regional language he can understand sanskrit and in India many students learn sanskrit till 10th
Problem is u don't know how dynamic sanskrit is
U think sanskrit can only be written in devnagri script but no
Let me give u reality check sanskrit can be written in any script be it odia bengali kannada or Tamil many more local scripts
People here have learnt sanskrit in different scripts literally there are 30+ local scripts where u can express sanskrit
Get ur basics right
You forgot Tibetan!

Azaad

Country flag
That's too silly. you can't time travel in the framework of general theory of relativity without accelerating to, say, 10% of light speed.View attachment 209898
But that's what China's been attempting since the past 4 decades & we haven't heard you complain once . Bringing back the golden age of China , unfurling the Chinese century & all that blah .

Azaad

Country flag
And I can not go back to the same post twice, for I am not the same me .View attachment 209900
Technically if you start off at the speed of light & attempt to circumambulate the earth you may end up kissing your own a r s e which is what you & every other Chinese member have been attempting since ages on all threads related to China. If you keep at it , one fine day you'd successfully have kissed it goodbye once & for all . 👻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles