Tracking Indian Economy till general elections 2019

square

Strategic Issues
Job loss is a good sign for economy" Piyush Goya…:

sunil mittlal: top 200 indian companies seeing a reduction in jobs in last few years , which will leave millions behind, there should be a debate !

Last edited:

Khagesh

^^^
If Goyal was not ashamed saying what he said, just after an industry leader said what he said, then why would anybody else feel ashamed for any reason.

Out of curiosity, where do you work? I usually balk at the idea of having to read > 21 lines (screen length) on forum posts and forget about posting longer.
I do appreciate the details you put in. Just wanted to know if your line of work is also in the same direction.
PS: If possible highlight which 21 lines I must focus on ;-)
If you are a director in some company then you may like to read from the second para till the point where provisions are mentioned. That would help you understand how unintended consequences can arise for you for perfectly normal administrative requirements that are not executed properly.

If you merely want to know why the SEBI and NSE BSE are in news for last few days then you can read the bulleted points only.

If you want Bhoot Pisach nivaran then you can focus on the last few points only.

If you want to understand how to get under somebodies skin then only the first and the last lines are relevant.

None of the above is related to my work directly. But indirectly a friendly advise for no consideration has been sought from me on a matter that I have actually given as a small example regarding new incorporation being first allowed to a now disqualified director and only subsequently the MCA disqualifying a person in a back dated manner. Despite the fact that MCA has ready database of all the relevant information necessary to cross check submissions. But since everybody is working on informations, submissions and material provided by somebody else so everybody is responsible in some way. I used to handle some such things till some years back.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
IIP up at 4.3%: Relief for economy

After a series of disappointing macroeconomic data, a significant spike seen in the factory output number in August, released on Thursday, offered hopes of early signs of revival in the economy. The Index of Industrial Production (IIP) rose by 4.3 percent, the highest in at least nine months, with broad-based recovery seen across segments, including the critical capital goods (5.4 percent compared with (-)1.3 percent in July) and manufacturing segments (3.1 percent Vs (-)0.3 percent).

After a long time, trends in consumer spending too have shown positive moves. The July IIP growth was revised downwards to just 0.9 percent. In June, the IIP saw a contraction of 0.2 percent. The good August numbers might have added to the optimism both in the Narendra Modi camp, and rightly so, giving a hope that painful days for the economy are finally over.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I don't see any change whether GDP grows by 5% or 10%
the increament in my salary will be not more than 100 or 150 rupees.

And what am I going to do with these fancy GDP numbers even if my salary doubles, that is basically because the experience I hold not because of any GDP growth.

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

I don't see any change whether GDP grows by 5% or 10%
the increament in my salary will be not more than 100 or 150 rupees.

And what am I going to do with these fancy GDP numbers even if my salary doubles, that is basically because the experience I hold not because of any GDP growth.
My friend......you spoke the true heart of common man.

Common man doesn't bother when the GDP grows 5% or 10% or doesn't grow at all.

Common man bothers about his problems like increase in the cost of daily commodities... increase in rent and fuel...power cuts...and the list is too long to put it here.

But my friend.....to fulfill the needs of common man, Govt needs money...be it state or central. It collects through taxes. Growth of companies and GDP comes into picture.

So in a way common man will be affected indirectly with the GDP growth. If more growth then common man can get his needs satisfied quickly. But I know that common man doesn't have enough time to look at the big picture....so he doesn't care about GDP.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)

India's industrial production rose 4.3 percent year-on-year in August 2017, beating market consensus of 2.4 percent and following a downwardly revised 0.9 percent gain in the previous month. It was the steepest increase in industrial output since November last year, as manufacturing production rebounded sharply by 3.1 percent after a 0.3 percent contraction in July, and output expanded further for both electricity (8.3 percent from 6.6 percent in July) and mining (9.4 percent from 4.5 percent).

square

Strategic Issues
If Goyal was not ashamed saying what he said, just after an industry leader said what he said, then why would anybody else feel ashamed for any reason.
because its his job..................

Have An Obligation Towards BJP: Goyal on Defending Amit Shah’s Son

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
ndia's industrial production rose 4.3 percent year-on-year in August 2017
but this production has very less profit returns.

Flame Thrower

7.1% of $2.4 trillion << 6.7% of $ 11.2 trillion
.............................................................................................
Wow....you are the first person to notice it....

Wait, don't you feel that you're sounding over smart!!??

GDP growth is compared in percentage not in absolute dollar terms.

I may not know all the reasons but I can list one for you.

Higher GDP% growth means that inverstors might have better and faster chances to grow.

If GDP is calculated in Absolute terms(be it any currency) might not give you the accurate value. Now the inflation of currency might also come into the picture.

I am yet to hear one economist comparing the growth in absolute dollar terms. If you find one please do let me know. I wanna hear his arguments.

indiatester

Country flag
This along with strong industrial output, start of recovery?
Hope so. We need to see sustained growth for the coming quarters accompanied with increase in employment.
Moreover this data is going to get shot down as doctored as it does not fit the narrative.

square

Strategic Issues
do we know that the money we spend on internet to post messages are also add to the gdo figures....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles