Tracking Indian Economy till general elections 2019

Vijyes

Why do you think India can't afford coal? It is the cheapest. We have big mines ourselves.
Coal and iron are the only thing we have in large quantities. Even Iron in India is limited to 25 billion tonnes, of which 12 billion tonnes are 60%+ grade. Chinese had over 60 billion tonnes of iron.

India is one of the richest mineral resource ridden country in the world https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_resources_of_India. I dont know where these clowns read that India is resource poor. I think none these clowns passed their Geography papers in their class and bribed their way into adulthood:rolleyes:
See the resources list for yourself and then compare with china. You will understand what I mean. We have very little resource to be as rich as China.

China produces at least 4 times of India in most minerals. For example look at lead production, coal production, phosphate production, oil production etc. That is why China is rich.

pmaitra

Now go back to google and search peak oil!!

This charade has been going on since forever.
I think the progress in battery technology will soon reduce the dependence on fossil fuels.

While we are on the subject of oil, I think India was creating strategic oil reserves. I hope they are continuing it, given that oil prices have not come down after drop in global oil price.

Why do you think India can't afford coal? It is the cheapest. We have big mines ourselves.
Indian coal is inferior in quality compared to Australian coal.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I think the progress in battery technology will soon reduce the dependence on fossil fuels.

While we are on the subject of oil, I think India was creating strategic oil reserves. I hope they are continuing it, given that oil prices have not come down after drop in global oil price.

Indian coal is inferior in quality compared to Australian coal.
I am all for building reserves and reducing dependence on gulf oil to run an independent foreign policy.

The graph is bit old, but we are paying almost the same price for petrol and deisel that we were paying when crude was 100$/barrel while now it is 50!!

Indian coal is inferior but so is a lot of chinese. But we have to make do with what we have. It is not like it is completely useless.

pmaitra

I am all for building reserves and reducing dependence on gulf oil to run an independent foreign policy.

The graph is bit old, but we are paying almost the same price for petrol and deisel that we were paying when crude was 100$/barrel while now it is 50!!

Indian coal is inferior but so is a lot of chinese. But we have to make do with what we have. It is not like it is completely useless.
I agree and I generally prefer using our own over importing.

Coming to oil, again, I have no information. That is why I said, I hope the premium everyone is paying for petrol goes towards military reserves and not towards lining up someone's pocket.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Yeah we have shitty grade coal thats why we have to import it from indonesia.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Simple logic, if bribe seekers could have been shut down until now, they would have been shut down by now won't they? Is demo and formalization of economy going to stop them from taking bribes?
No it's not going to stop them from taking bribes. I was speculating that all the scrutiny on tax returns might make them more reluctant to take them. As for price increases, I'm not saying it is a good thing - it was more of general observation. I was basically making the point that bribes are part of the cost that will be passed down to the consumer. If the item becomes unaffordable then the consumer will consume less in the end forcing either the industry to lower cost or the bribe seeker to lower his bribe within the parameters of consumer demand.

And that's a good thing how exactly?

Again, think about Rte and what will happen to schools if we strictly adhere to Rte. BTW, have you ever dealt with a bureaucrat in India for starting a business?
Not for starting a business but yes well aware of their behavior in general. You make a good point in removing red tape and these old laws. The best time to get rid of them would be yesterday before demonetization and GST. However, here we are.

I am actually a firm believer in less regulations and red tape, not more.Take anything good and the government is bound to screw it up. With GST, I'm actually disappointed that nobody is talking about doing away with income tax. It is unfair to tax people on their income and then again when they consume goods and services.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Theek hai Muhammad.
We understand the plan..
The katwas like u think they are smart but when you lot triggered your true colors come out. like in this very thread, your filth against Hindu woman.

The Muhammad halfDicks can be recognized anywhere. Low self-esteem, high on emoticons etc etc. With your HalfDick, I can't imagine the pain and low self-esteem.
He is not a Muslim, so stop provoking him and antagonizing Muslims members of the forum; don't bring that to economy thread.

@YagamiLight stop provoking other Hindu members with vile sexual fantasies.

-------
@YagamiLight seriously man cut down on your outbursts and post the info you want to post, not some bs sexual fantasies.
You are a knowledgeable guy don't let it go to waste by getting banned like earlier with your outbursts.

sorcerer

Country flag
DATA STORY: Amid economic headwinds, IMF data projects fall in India’s national debt by 2020

India's GDP, as per data from IMF, is expected to jump by USD 800 billion over the course of next three years, with a rise from present USD 2454 billion in 2017 to projected rise to USD 3252 billion in 2020
In the middle of all the whiplash against the Narendra Modi government ever since GDP growth rate slumped to 5.7 percent in the April-June quarter, data compiled from the IMF shows a silver lining: India’s national debt is projected to reduce over the course of the next few years.

The national debt as a percentage of GDP is a crucial figure that projects the actual net value of the GDP being generated in an economy and it largely depends on GDP growth rate.

Basically, the lesser national debt eats into the GDP, the more money generated in the economy, at the end of the day.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/in...-in-indias-national-debt-by-2020-2407015.html

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
For me economy starts at home and ends at home and that's how it should be.. If my pay is going up with with good increment, i get electricity 24 hours (able to pay,) water supply 24 hours and good medical, transport and education. Then country is developing.

Otherwise, such fancy digits numbers and graphs and data is for me of no use. Reliance having surplus of foreign contracts, or make in India creating jobs etc is of my no concern. But in the end if market falls, then is of no use. I should have a running good income for whatever I do. It shouldn't be like dhakke khao aur miley bhi kuch nahi. Hard work has to be paid!!

sorcerer

Country flag
PM Narendra Modi seeks simpler rules to raise direct tax share from '07 low

India is reviving attempts to overhaul its half-century-old direct tax laws as it looks to increase the share of collections from the lowest in a decade.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government is working to ensure that tax payers don’t need to submit multiple returns and have quicker options of redress should a dispute arise, said people familiar with the matter. A new bill will probably be ready by early 2018 for stakeholder comments, they said, asking not to be identified citing rules on speaking with the media.

About 10 trillion rupees ($153 billion) -- some 63 percent of India’s annual budgeted revenue or the size of Qatar’s economy -- are locked in litigation due to byzantine tax rules and varying interpretations. Costly compliance and loopholes keep about 99 percent of the population outside the income tax net, making India one of the worst places in the world if you are a tax payer.

"Tax rates in India are not high, nor are they unreasonable, when compared with other jurisdictions," said Daksha Baxi, executive director at Mumbai-based tax consultancy Khaitan and Co. What makes the system difficult to navigate is "the process and the manner in which the tax provisions and rules are administered," she said.

India has attempted earlier to combine various laws into a simple tax code. However, previous efforts failed as the former government lacked the numbers in parliament:facepalm: while Modi’s administration concentrated on indirect levies and introduced a nationwide goods and services tax that has united India’s 1.3 billion population into a single market

The Income Tax Act dates back to 1961 and still holds echoes of the past where the economy was closed to the world, relying instead on high domestic tax rates and an invasive tax office to help fund health and education for the masses.

"The act has undergone thousands of amendments in last few decades and has virtually become like a patchwork," said Rahul Garg, partner and leader, direct tax, at PwC India. "The new law should be modern and incorporate digital changes and use of technology."

Modi seems to be heeding his call.

Any inquiries from the tax office will be emailed rather than have the tax official show up at your door, and tax payers will be able to file disputes or appeals online instead of repeated rounds to the government, the people said. Clarity will also be provided on penalties for failing to furnish tax returns, comply with notices or concealment of income, they said.

Global funds who pay withholding tax on investments should be able to get by with just one payment receipt, rather than having to file a separate tax return. Rules for transactions involving related entities --- covered under the so-called transfer pricing mechanism that has embroiled companies including Cairn Energy Plc and Vodafone Group Plc in lengthy disputes -- may be simplified too.

The government is also considering reducing the number of tranches for advance tax payments. Companies currently have to pay out in four annual installments.

‘Misdeeds of the Dishonest’

Surabhi Ahluwalia, spokeswoman for the Central Board of Direct Taxes, declined to comment on the government’s plan. Modi last month urged tax officials to improve the country’s tax administration by 2022 by focusing on electronic assessments, resolving appeals with the help of technology and boosting revenue.

Read: Instagram Posts Will Soon Help Sniff Out Tax Fraud in India

The administration "is working towards creation of an environment which shatters the confidence of the corrupt, and instills confidence and trust among the honest taxpayer," Modi told tax officials, the government said in a Sept. 1 statement. "The honest cannot continue to pay the price for the misdeeds of the dishonest."

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If people spend more time reading about GST and all when will they do business? Govt kya rishtedari mein compensate karegi?
This should be user friendly not a headache. Should have started from small
But reform is welcomed!

sorcerer

Country flag
Modi government had already put Nobel winner's idea into practice
Much before US economist Richard Thaler won Nobel prize for economics, the NarendraModi government had put his famous theory in practice by dedicating a separate unit to it.

Thaler popularised the idea of 'nudge economics', which emphasises subtly guiding humans toward beneficial behaviours without forcing them to comply. Thaler's theory was one valuable addition to the field of behavioural economics.

Last year, the government's think tank NITI Aayog tied up with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to set up a 'nudge unit' that would work towards bringing about behavioural changes and recommending policy corrections to help make the programmes more effective.

The unit aimed at sensitising people at the grassroots towards the government's flagship programmes such as Swachh Bharat, Jan Dhan Yojana, Digital India and Skill Development through social messaging and new ad campaigns.

The idea struck NITI Aayog when several ministries approached it with problems related to implementation of key schemes in the government's priority areas.

The unit was set up to recommend changes in advertising, financial outflow and other softer elements related to the success of the programmes.

India had taken a leaf out of Britain's book. Officially known as the Behavioural Insights Team, the unit was first set up in the UK in 2010 in the Prime Minister's Office to apply nudge theory to try to improve government policy and services while minimising expenditure.

The concept has now expanded to the United States and even Australia.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Atleast Jihadis dont pimp their women, sorry "plan to pimp" their women like bhakth scum and their tea selling leader does. If having self respect and spine makes me a jihadi , I will gladly be one.
You can't prove where they exactly pimped their women. But run your motor mouth like every two bit periyar. You have no self respect, dude. You call other people whatever you like just because their not pandering to your ego.

Less said about your economy gyan, the better.
Seriously copy pasting fake graphs and fake analysis makes you legitimate critic?. No wonder you post same like retard congress fanboys.

look at this,
This is the problem the bhakth clowns who back forced formalisation will never understand. This is a persistent problem in all industry/service/business and not just truck driving- the need to grease the palms of useless bureaucrats(in this case RTOs.), which is impossible to do if they have to pay the current exorbitant tax rates and the current level of bribes to even do business in India which has to come via illegal money. Forced formalisation in such cases will cause the whole industries/servies to close down.

And instead of working to remove such useless redtape in these sectors, which is what actual reform means, the govt is actually introducing more burdens for these services. This is why everyone is feeling the pinch of demonetisation
You are talking it circles. Saying it is not possible with the messed up system but at the same time opposing solutions.

How will you fix messed up economy with out taking any big decisions? Don't think like retard congress.

Last edited:

tsunami

Country flag
For me economy starts at home and ends at home and that's how it should be.. If my pay is going up with with good increment, i get electricity 24 hours (able to pay,) water supply 24 hours and good medical, transport and education. Then country is developing.

Otherwise, such fancy digits numbers and graphs and data is for me of no use. Reliance having surplus of foreign contracts, or make in India creating jobs etc is of my no concern. But in the end if market falls, then is of no use. I should have a running good income for whatever I do. It shouldn't be like dhakke khao aur miley bhi kuch nahi. Hard work has to be paid!!
Well by that parameters for me BJP is far far better then Congress. Not upto my exceptions but much better then congress.

But in my opinion for a Job class person the biggest gift from Modi is stable prices in real state.
For example I started my Job in 2011. At that time a normal 2 BHK here in Pune was 25-30 Lakh.
By mid 2014 the same 2 BHK went to 60-65 Lakh. More then double in just 3+ years.
Now in Modi govt the same flat is still at same 60-65 Lakh in 3+ years. Now Finally I feel that if this doesn't go up for 2 more years, I will be able to buy a house. This is the economy for most of the middle class people.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Well by that parameters for me BJP is far far better then Congress. Not upto my exceptions but much better then congress.

But in my opinion for a Job class person the biggest gift from Modi is stable prices in real state.
For example I started my Job in 2011. At that time a normal 2 BHK here in Pune was 25-30 Lakh.
By mid 2014 the same 2 BHK went to 60-65 Lakh. More then double in just 3+ years.
Now in Modi govt the same flat is still at same 60-65 Lakh in 3+ years. Now Finally I feel that if this doesn't go up for 2 more years, I will be able to buy a house. This is the economy for most of the middle class people.

yes that's one point but the other point is possession. Amarpali, Jaypee, mascot every builder has taken the money and now bankcorrupt can't even complete the project.

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Vijyes banned for a couple of months for making OT posts and derailing multiple threads
May I please know why so generosity towards @YagamiLight ????

He is the one who is Insulting Members on the Forum. And using derogatory language towards Hindus and Hinduism.

Your decision seems to be biased, just because you banned somebody for posting some irrelevant facts, But letting go the one who is continuously insulting Hindus and insulting other members.

I expect better and unbiased Moderation.

Thanks

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
How about the people who bought it for 65 Lakh three years ago and lost money due to inflation? :sad:

Plus why would you buy a house if your investment doesn't at least beat inflation over time? You'd be better off renting.

Last edited:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
How about the people who bought it for 65 Lakh three years ago and lost money due to inflation? :sad:

Plus why would you buy a house if your investment doesn't at least beat inflation over time? You'd be better off renting.
Home is best seen as just home.

Home or property is a liability until the loan is not paid.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles