Time to shift India's capital necessary !

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Okay. Any ancient temple ? View attachment 66502see the ancient temple of delhi .
If you go there you can clearly see it's a temple. What we need is a movement to remove kabr and mosque built there and it can be revived as temple.

You want us to leave over 2000 yr old temple Meru Stambh ?

We have chatarpur mandir ancient Kali Mandir old jain Buddhist temples here.

Delhi / Indraprastha have always been capital of India and centre of power since time of Mahabharata.

Apart from that change of Capital means billions of dollar to recreate the infra. Instead I think reclaiming the past glory by building more big temples like Akshardham and Changing the status of qutub minar i.e. Meru Stambh is much better. If we are going to keep running away from history the lesson will never be learnt.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well delhi is the worst capital in the world so polluted and full of rapists.

Willy3

Country flag
Hmm..let shift the capital from Delhi to Aurangabad, near Devgiri...wait.. it's already happened once 😅

Btw, we should re-establish Vijaynagar, around the ancient ruin.

Rejuvenating our fallen city and later making it as our capital would be a big 'fu*k you' to Islamist both inside and outside

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Hmm..let shift the capital from Delhi to Aurangabad, near Devgiri...wait.. it's already happened once 😅

Btw, we should re-establish Vijaynagar, around the ancient ruin.

Rejuvenating our fallen city and later making it as our capital would be a big 'fu*k you' to Islamist both inside and outside
Infact I very much like your idea .
It's good, very splendid .
But if only we could do so.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
If you go there you can clearly see it's a temple. What we need is a movement to remove kabr and mosque built there and it can be revived as temple.

Delhi / Indraprastha have always been capital of India and centre of power since time of Mahabharata.

Apart from that change of Capital means billions of dollar to recreate the infra. Instead I think reclaiming the past glory by building more big temples like Akshardham and Changing the status of qutub minar i.e. Meru Stambh is much better. If we are going to keep running away from history the lesson will never be learnt.
I don't think so , delhi before islamic age was not even capital of prithviraj , it was ajmer ( correct. Me , if iam wrong )
India has been united two times at its maximum before islam came into being , first during maurya and second during gupta age .
Maurya's had their capital at patliputra , gupta are said to have first ruled from patliputra but later probably shifted to ujjain or prayag .
Only inscription in delhi is a samudragupt prashasti , indraprasth location is just thought to be near delhi , near purana kila to be specific .

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

Instead history should preserved to remind us , of dreary consequences.

FalconZero

Country flag
Shifting capital will require unecessary resources, also from Wikipedia :

The area around Delhi was probably inhabited before the second millennium BCE and there is evidence of continuous inhabitation since at least the 6th century BCE.[21] The city is believed to be the site of Indraprastha, the legendary capital of the Pandavas in the Indian epic Mahabharata.[25]
Delhi has seen Empires rise and fall and only to rise again.....why bother changing, rather work should be done to make it a better, pollution-free place. Also, contract for new parliament has already be assigned so I don't think it matters anymore. It's fine as it is.

That being said I haven't read the context, so pardon me if this comment comes across as out-of-context.

Killbot

Country flag
You think so , sirji .
Delhi lost the first war .
Prithviraj vs ghouri .
Delhi has been created by delhi sultante people ,
It has been ravaged by mongols , mughals also ruled from it , Nader shah destroyed it .
Delhi is in extreme north too.its just not safe .
It has seen towers of skulls , there is no big mandir there ever thought why because delhi doesn't represent sanatan dharm.
A city of invaders , it is
Who cares? Delhi is a commercial centre and cannot be replaced. Changing the capital is expensive. All administration needs to be moved. So it isn't going to happen... especially over something that happened 800 years ago (?) It isn't worth the expenses.

shade

Country flag
Probably should be shifted to somewhere in MP, for purely geographical( or rather geopolitical ) reasons only.
The refurbish Vijaynagar is also a good idea.

I will take the case of Turki, during Ottoman empire time, Constantinople/Istanbul was the capital, when Republic of Turkey came into being, the capital was shifted to Ankara in Central Turkey, which is a mountainous region, because it would be much easier to defend against foreign invaders, Istanbul is on the coast so it's very ez for some anglo-french-american types to capture it.

Again here it is similar, Dilli is very close to our enemies, may be probably easy to capture or to attack atleast, atlough i am a noob and don't have any idea how the specifics here would work out.

Knowitall

Best we must shift to andaman and Nicobar islands no pollution no jhanjhat just peace lmao.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
This will happen anyway ,the way pollution is increasing delhi will be unliveable by 2050.Then we can get a new capital possibly somewhere in central india.Climate change and excess population will devastate the old cities within the next few decades.India will need a whole new wave of sustainable urbanization by the end of this century.
For the exact same reason we are building 100 smart cities.

ashdoc

Country flag
The place where the capital is shifted should have relatively cool climate . Bhopal has nearly 40 percent muslims though it is not considered communally sensitive . Nashik is another place which has a cool climate .

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The place where the capital is shifted should have relatively cool climate . Bhopal has nearly 40 percent muslims though it is not considered communally sensitive . Nashik is another place which has a cool climate .
How about Chhindwara ?

Knowitall

We must invade sri lanka and set our capital there.

Whole sri lanka will become an exclusive zone as our capital.

From there we shall build a huge space elevator to show dominance.

/S

Pulakeshin

Country flag
Keeping Delhi as capital hurts Paki Muslims more than shifting our capital to some other place. It's a nice burnol for them. Delhi as our capital with our Tiranga flying high and they can do zilch about it. Anyway, it wasn't like the Paki Muslims were ruling Delhi, we all know they were powerless but still in their imagined whitewashed history, they were ruling Delhi lol.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles