Time to shift India's capital necessary !

ashdoc

Country flag
Archaeological evidence is sufficient is verify it's existence. Indraprasth's existence is a much much older instance than that of Ujjain or Vijaynagar. Since it was possibly invaded and ruined by foreigners, it doesn't standstill like many old cities today.
I don't have any great admiration for Delhi as capital and will support Nagpur instead. I was only refuting this incorrect statement.

This is factually incorrect.
Nagpur is super hot with temperatures rising to 47 degrees in summer and people falling to sunstroke. Even ACs don't work . Nashik and Kolhapur are cooler and kolhapur is very cool even in may . I don't really recommend a capital in satpuras and vindhyas because mountain capital is so British mindset like shimla as summer capital of the raj . But capital city even in the plains should be having cooler temperature while Nagpur is literally the hottest place in India .

Redevelopment of Hampi/Vijaynagar as capital city of India would be an awesome idea however .

Mangal

Country flag
New capital Should be in Ujjain or any city in MP which was under Malwa region ruled by Raja Bhoj. Strategically it would make sense too as it will be in central India equidistant from south and north cities. Also away from borders and threats.
Malwa region ruled by Pratiharas were one of the strongest Hindu kingdom and will help in shedding the burden of mughal history.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
New capital Should be in Ujjain or any city in MP which was under Malwa region ruled by Raja Bhoj. Strategically it would make sense too as it will be in central India equidistant from south and north cities. Also away from borders and threats.
Malwa region ruled by Pratiharas were one of the strongest Hindu kingdom and will help in shedding the burden of mughal history.
Plus ujjain also was ruled , chandra gupta vikramaditya

Mangal

Country flag
Plus ujjain also was ruled , chandra gupta vikramaditya
Yes It was perhaps one of the most powerful Hindu kingdom. Ghaznavi ran away with tails tucked between his legs when he heard the news of Raja Bhoj coming after him. Pratiharas played a crucial.role in defeating turks in great battle of Rajasthan. If any day Bharat is reborn its capital should be in Malwa region. May be Ujjain city of Mahakaal.

ashdoc

Country flag
Ujjain is not a modern and people seem to be illiterate and infrastructure is in ruins and town is totally unclean . I have been there but left soon seeing the condition of the city . Indore is modern city and clean and neat .

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ujjain is not a modern and people seem to be illiterate and infrastructure is in ruins and town is totally unclean . I have been there but left soon seeing the condition of the city . Indore is modern city and clean and neat .
Bhopal would be better place.

Mangal

Country flag
Like Islamabad and Chandigarh we can always build a new city. The main issue is reason to shift. Does the costs justify a new city. Delhi for all its good things is hazardous for health and cramped. It does not represent correctly what Modern India wants itself to be viewed as. So yes shifting capital should be given a serious thought. Also.. In my view, going in new century its time we shed some unwanted falsely put burdens on us by fake historians.

ashdoc

Country flag
Bhopal would be better place.
Yeah Bhopal is good and nice city with cleanliness and also it is relatively safe for women . But you people being hindu nationalists will have problem with large muslim population of the city . It's not considered communally sensitive and generally riots don't occur there . But the presence of almost 40 percent muslims in the city will give muslims undue influence on administration . Hindu sindhis who are post partition refugees form almost 10 percent of the population there and they are a good influence however .

I would recommend Indore .

Indrajit

Country flag
Yes redeveloping Vijaynagar at Hampi is a good idea . I visited in 2009 and stayed there for 4 days . Even in it's semi destroyed state it evokes the glory of ancient hindu India because the destruction was not complete and several temples and other structures remain .
Forget building anything at Hampi. You couldn’t even build a bridge there without enormous issues owing to its world heritage status.

ashdoc

Country flag
Forget building anything at Hampi. You couldn’t even build a bridge there without enormous issues owing to its world heritage status.
There is plenty of empty land nearby and can be developed as capital city of India . Already it has an international presence ; many hippies ( and some of them lusciously beautiful blonde blue eyed girls ) crowd there having free sex and irritating the locals who are conservative hindus and frown on this kind of lifestyle . It can be developed as a capital city and major international tourism center both .

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dont talk rubbish.

It has much much better Infrastructure then most of towns and cities having population below 10 Lacs.

A Capital City comes with it's own infrastructure, hence your point is absurd at most.

But I would like to be India's capital like Canberra (Australia) or Washington DC (USA), just Administrative Head, no hustle and bustle of Crowded Commercial Mega Town.

But in Indian Context should have Cultural and Historical back ground.

In this context Ujjain suits the the best as it is in Center of India and equidistance from every corner of the country and safe enough deep inside the center of the Country.

No other place has benefits of Ujjaini with Historical Background, neither Patliputra or Ayodhya.

Last edited:

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dont talk rubbish.

It has much much better Infrastructure then most of towns and cities having population below 10 Lacs.

A Capital City comes with it's own infrastructure, hence your point is absurd at most.

But I would like to be India's capital like Canberra (Australia) or Washington DC (USA), just Administrative Head, no hustle and bustle of Crowded Commercial Mega Town.

But in Indian Context should have Cultural and Historical back ground.

In this context Ujjain suits the the best as it is in Center on India equidistance from every corner of the country and safe enough deep inside the center of the Country.

No other place has benefits of Ujjaini with Historical Background, neither Patliputra or Ayodhya.
May be he visited there long time ago.

Mangal

Country flag
May be he visited there long time ago.
I had visited last year albeit for few hours only. My visit was for Mahakaal darshan. I didn't find infra and cleanliness to be that bad. Indore however is on a different level. But both need work if they are chosen, by an chance to be capital.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
I don't think so , delhi before islamic age was not even capital of prithviraj , it was ajmer ( correct. Me , if iam wrong )
India has been united two times at its maximum before islam came into being , first during maurya and second during gupta age .
Maurya's had their capital at patliputra , gupta are said to have first ruled from patliputra but later probably shifted to ujjain or prayag .
Only inscription in delhi is a samudragupt prashasti , indraprasth location is just thought to be near delhi , near purana kila to be specific .
Delhi have been capital of India for long

Prithviraj ruled through twin capital Delhi and Ajmer.

Indraprastha itself is part of Delhi so there isn't much more to say about historical importance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles