Time to shift India's capital necessary !

ashdoc

Country flag
Probably should be shifted to somewhere in MP, for purely geographical( or rather geopolitical ) reasons only.
The refurbish Vijaynagar is also a good idea.

I will take the case of Turki, during Ottoman empire time, Constantinople/Istanbul was the capital, when Republic of Turkey came into being, the capital was shifted to Ankara in Central Turkey, which is a mountainous region, because it would be much easier to defend against foreign invaders, Istanbul is on the coast so it's very ez for some anglo-french-american types to capture it.

Again here it is similar, Dilli is very close to our enemies, may be probably easy to capture or to attack atleast, atlough i am a noob and don't have any idea how the specifics here would work out.
Yes redeveloping Vijaynagar at Hampi is a good idea . I visited in 2009 and stayed there for 4 days . Even in it's semi destroyed state it evokes the glory of ancient hindu India because the destruction was not complete and several temples and other structures remain .

doreamon

Country flag
Delhi is so polluted employee of foreign embassies get punishment posting in delhi . And they even get extra allowance to buy air filter . They keep changing staff in regular interval . I was once in delhi around this time of the year . I had burning sensation in throat while inhaling delhi air .And damn the climate is so harsh both in summer and winter.. Delhi is not a sustainable city anymore. Aftr yamuna has dried there is also a water crisis . And historically speaking india also needs a break from all those burden of history . Delhi also close to our hostile neighbours .
Capital should be somewhere in middle around MP or little bit down south .

But ny way its a futile discussion as govt is building new govt buildings in delhi so it wont happen . But may be we may consider it on a long term basis . The start shd be by developing a 2nd capital instead of concentrating everything in delhi .

Knowitall

Say we shift our capital to pok.

So by default our capital falls under seige so we will have a much stronger argument to get it back since its not any land but out capital.

Once pok is taken we must shift our capital to somewhere in pakistan and use the same casus-belli to invade pakistan and gain land.

Then we must make Tibet our capital and repeat.

Modiji must do this.it will be a Masterstroke by modiji.

/S

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Ever heard of Indraprastha?
Indraprasth is a myth city .
Don't get me wrong , but I just wanted to say that there are very less archeological evidences .
But then again , iam probably axing my own foot here , because samudragupt left a prashasti there , kila rai pithora is there .
Mauryan era vessels have been found in purana kila.
Agrasen ke baoli is also a evidence .
But I don't remember any powerful dynasty ruling from delhi , who controlled whole bharata . Kauava vansh is exception .
One question is , where was the capital of gurjar pratihara .
Was it near today's delhi ?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I have a firm belief that Delhi is a Shaapit Bhumi

i mean just look at the kind of genocides,destruction,wars etc that have happened there so far, and all those hutatma who died there due to all that may not have received any shraddh by their vanshaj as in certain cases entire families were wiped out there

The least we could do there is to peform a collective shraddhkarm of our purvaj that died there to maybe,maybe lessen some of the ill effects due to all that,
then if you'd ask me for shifting capital i am OK with that and i believe a capital that's trully in centre of this nation would be better for having better connectivity with all four courners,and my choice would be Ujjain

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I agree but if the new capital is going to be made like every other cities and without a vision which proliferates it's design to an even bigger landscape subsuming multiple cities and districts that is minimum of 200 KM^2 then it's better to do nothing.

In any case I purpose any suitable location on Satpura or Vindhyas ranges for new capital.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Indraprasth is a myth city .
Don't get me wrong , but I just wanted to say that there are very less archeological evidences .
But then again ,
Archaeological evidence is sufficient to verify it's existence. Indraprasth's existence is a much much older instance than that of Ujjain or Vijaynagar. Since it was possibly invaded and ruined by foreigners, it doesn't standstill like many old cities today.
I don't have any great admiration for Delhi as capital and will support Nagpur instead. I was only refuting this incorrect statement.
Delhi has been India's capital , only since dawn of islamic invasions
This is factually incorrect.

Last edited:

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Archaeological evidence is sufficient is verify it's existence. Indraprasth's existence is a much much older instance than that of Ujjain or Vijaynagar. Since it was possibly invaded and ruined by foreigners, it doesn't standstill like many old cities today.
I don't have any great admiration for Delhi as capital and will support Nagpur instead. I was only refuting this incorrect statement.

This is factually incorrect.
Can you elaborate about archeological evidences .
I genuinely want to know about them .
If indraprasth existed then it's good for everyone .
It's a tight slap on faces of those , including me who believe other wise .

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I have a firm belief that Delhi is a Shaapit Bhumi

i mean just look at the kind of genocides,destruction,wars etc that have happened there so far, and all those hutatma who died there due to all that may not have received any shraddh by their vanshaj as in certain cases entire families were wiped out there

The least we could do there is to peform a collective shraddhkarm of our purvaj that died there to maybe,maybe lessen some of the ill effects due to all that,
then if you'd ask me for shifting capital i am OK with that and i believe a capital that's trully in centre of this nation would be better for having better connectivity with all four courners,and my choice would be Ujjain
Truly , you make your capital in khandavaprastha.
Adharam will prosper , dharma will suffer .
I don't see where is indraprasth .

N4tsula67

Country flag
Indraprastha, Hastinapur, Dilli (in the sultanate and later Mughal era), New Delhi (Colonial British and post-independence). Delhi has been the capital since eternity.
People forget one thing here.
Indraprastha, Dhilika(capital of haryana empire) named after a king called dhillu, Dhili, Dilli(Sultanate and Mughal era) and on wards

N4tsula67

Country flag
Truly , you make your capital in khandavaprastha.
Adharam will prosper , dharma will suffer .
I don't see where is indraprasth .
Dili is named after a Hindu king of haryana tho. Its an apabhransa of dhilli which is apabhransa of Dhillika(the original name given by that king).

airtel

Country flag
Still , people from southern india might like capital near their states , say nagpur , ujjain , nashik are also few good options .

Delhi has been India's capital , only since dawn of islamic invasions , although today it's seat of government of india ,yet its a city which always signifies defeat because first being capital of invaders from North and later being capital of bristish raj .

Kindly give your opinion , about above thought and suggest alternative capital cities .

Just like Muhammad bin tuglaq moved capital from Delhi to daulatabag and failed miserably ?

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Nope a Tomar king actually found delhi around 700CE. I has been called Dhilli way before any any islamic invasion in india.
Issue is our history book give credit of history delhi to the sultanate ofc because Marxist historians.
Yes anangpala

Global Defence

New threads

Articles