The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Re: How Muslims around the world celebrate the month of Ramadan

:hmm: Shame? So shame is something similiar to relgious beliefs. Is that what you are saying :D
I would please ...so much love to learn something from your out of the blue deduction process
....Pray dear Holmes . . explain me if u may . . .from which of my statements did u deduce the above ?

That point is in direct anti-thesis to your claims about shame.

Apparently Golden age Indians dint feel shame about Mammary glands
Doesnt still prove that shame has no real or scientific existence

You want to know what is the stand of psychiatry on Religions?:eyebrows:
i sure do Doc . . .
go ahead . . .

Which school of psychiatry/psychoanalysis would u initiate me into . . .if u'll Let me know . . .
I mean

Gestalt
Jung
Freud
Rogers

i'll do my homework accordingly to receive the light from u

Last edited:

panduranghari

I have seen god and He was an Alien from outer space, who was dressed like a Transgender, who eats lots of cockroaches daily and insults every one who he thinks is inferior to him.

Prove that what I saw was not the God :rolleyes:
The thing that the person you saw could do all these things itself proves he/she/it/they were capable of many things that even the Very Talented Mr. Ripley could not achieve proves the being you perhaps claim to have seen could very well have been yourself masquerading as something and standing in the front of the mirror and you could not remember the event as you were possessed by the spirit which have taken over and now has put thoughts into your mind that make you believe that there is no God thus enabling you to play to the audience of the amused masses who enjoy nothing less than watching the Faustian play.

warriorextreme

Country flag

I have seen god and He was an Alien from outer space, who was dressed like a Transgender, who eats lots of cockroaches daily and insults every one who he thinks is inferior to him.

Prove that what I saw was not the God :rolleyes:
Depends on how you interpret supreme Ishwar, so interpret Ishwar as Dictator some as loving mother.

PS:I really like the concept of Ramadan.

Tronic

I have been both . . . Believer / Atheist

I am a believer today . . . let's get into that debate sometime
Ditto with me! :)

I have been an atheist for a large portion of my life, but am a believer today. Being an atheist became illogical for me.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ditto with me! :)

I have been an atheist for a large portion of my life, but am a believer today. Being an atheist became illogical for me.
Lol atheists call being a believer is illogical! And the debate continues :D

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Happy Ramzan to all Muslim members !

He does not have to. The onus of proving god is on those who claims his existance

For instance, I can claim I have a Dinosaur in the kitchen as my pet, but then again I cant ask you to prove me wrong,. The onus is on me to prove I have a Dinosaur in my Kitchen. No i am Not talking about Birds:D
There is Higgs-Boson so there is a God :D

Animals doesn't have religion they have dharma (i.e. natural instincts for them because they don't have intelligence)

One question to atheists :-

What is universe and how did it come into existence ? (I am sure it's a googly :D) and if your answer is big bang then who banged it and why did he bang it ? :heh:

Tronic

Lol atheists call being a believer is illogical! And the debate continues :D
Well, there isn't much of a debate.

Atheists are as illogical as the believers.

I don't mind people believing or not believing in god, but the problem is when they start trying to shove their illogical stances down other peoples throats. I'm a believer but I don't claim to have proof of the existence of god. The illogical folks are those who try to prove the existence or non-existence of god.

A chauhan

Country flag

Well, there isn't much of a debate.

Atheists are as illogical as the believers.

I don't mind people believing or not believing in god, but the problem is when they start trying to shove their illogical stances down other peoples throats. I'm a believer but I don't claim to have proof of the existence of god. The illogical folks are those who try to prove the existence or non-existence of god.
You are a believer ? but why ? I mean grounds for your such belief ?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

One question to atheists :-

What is universe and how did it come into existence ? (I am sure it's a googly :D) and if your answer is big bang then who banged it and why did he bang it ? :heh:
Several thousand years ago, when lightning tore open the skies and thunder shook the heart of man, he did not know why, and assumed that it was the wrath of the God(s). Your question is similar to that. Just because we're not clear on the origin of the Universe or its purpose, it doesn't mean God did it.

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Just because we're not clear on the origin of the Universe or its purpose, it doesn't mean God did it.
How would you define "God" ? "God" doesn't have to be a creator. What if in a certain definition the Universe is "God" ?

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
How can a non-living thing be "God"? The definition of God as most people understand it is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipowerful. The Universe is not a thinking being so those attributes of God become meaningless in that sense.

A chauhan

Country flag

Several thousand years ago, when lightning tore open the skies and thunder shook the heart of man, he did not know why, and assumed that it was the wrath of the God(s). Your question is similar to that. Just because we're not clear on the origin of the Universe or its purpose, it doesn't mean God did it.
Then who did it ? prove it and I will shut my mouth :p

BTW I am a believer but I think God doesn't help you in your daily works, he will leave you perplexed if your GF ditched you :D yet he has gifted you intellect to deal with it.

God is neither Niraakaar nor Saakaar!

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
How can a non-living thing be "God"? The definition of God as most people understand it is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipowerful. The Universe is not a thinking being so those attributes of God become meaningless in that sense.

An Omnipotent, thinking "God" is a concept found in Abrahamic religions. "God" can be abstract

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^Not as the way he's portrayed in Hinduism either. Of course, you can create your own religion, trap an ant and call it God, or the sky or the universe. But that's not the definition of God.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
^^Not as the way he's portrayed in Hinduism either. Of course, you can create your own religion, trap an ant and call it God, or the sky or the universe. But that's not the definition of God.
Which sect of Hinduism ? According to Advaita Vedanta, the world didn't emanate from "God". "God" is reality itself (Ultimate Reality)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

How would you define "God" ? "God" doesn't have to be a creator. What if in a certain definition the Universe is "God" ?
Well, Abrahamic religions would say : someone/something, (preferably male) who is omni-potent, omniscient, omni-benevolent etc. who made the Universe and governs its entire existence. Dharmic religions define the Brahman as the formless, genderless etc essence that pervades through everything, this would sound similar to your suggestion. Maybe the Universe is just a random process, governed by probabilistic laws. But to be frank, I have no clue.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Which sect of Hinduism ? According to Advaita Vedanta, the world didn't emanate from "God". "God" is reality itself (Ultimate Reality)
The vast majority of Hindus themselves are neither aware of Advaita Vedanta nor do they care about it. To them, God is Krishna, Ram, etc. In fact, hundreds of thousands of them are willing to engage in riots and bloodletting to build a temple for Ram.

So leaving aside irrelevant theology, your point was? :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926