The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

addiction

dont mess with God and those who trust in God....surprised we have nothing left to debate in defence forum...I recommend closure of this thread!

Param

i dont want to sound hurtful to budhists but budhism is the reason for invasions of india....budhism made our swords rusty...i would support atheism over religions like budhism and jainism..
I don't like God or Religion.

But I believe Buddhism and Sikhism were the greatest religions born in India.

The invasion of the Indo-Greeks happened during the rule of the Sungas not Mauryas.

The various Central asian Invasions like Kushans, sakas did not happen during the rule of Buddhist Kingdoms

When the Huns invaded N.India that region was being ruled by the Gupta empire that followed Brahminical Hinduism.

When the Turks invaded India, the Western and Northern regions were being ruled by Hindu Rajput and Jat Kingdoms.
It was only the Pala Kingdom in Bengal where there were Buddhists in large numbers.

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
I don't like God or Religion.

But I believe Buddhism and Sikhism were the greatest religions born in India.

The invasion of the Indo-Greeks happened during the rule of the Sungas not Mauryas.

The various Central asian Invasions like Kushans, sakas did not happen during the rule of Buddhist Kingdoms

When the Huns invaded N.India that region was being ruled by the Gupta empire that followed Brahminical Hinduism.

When the Turks invaded India, the Western and Northern regions were being ruled by Hindu Rajput and Jat Kingdoms.
It was only the Pala Kingdom in Bengal where there were Buddhists in large numbers.
Brihadratha Maurya the budhists emperor turned blind eye towards foreign invasion plans in current pakistan....as a result his own general killed him in a parade who was also supported by the army...the general was none other than pusyamitra sunga...so the invasions had already begun after asoka's reign..

Demetrius I had already taken over lot of regions in current pakistan and this was main reason for uprising...but rusted swords were not able to defend the great empire...

hinduism is way too much influenced by jainism and budhism to be honest..so hindu kings later were just as unprepared as budhist emperors.

Last edited:

Nagraj

i still remeber the first time when i thought their was no god and no soul and no rebirth and this life was all i have. it was scary very scary.
I don't believe in god but I'm not an atheist cuz I want to believe in god but logically I can't. The odds are too overwhelming.

Param

Brihadratha Maurya the budhists emperor turned blind eye towards foreign invasion plans in current pakistan....as a result his own general killed him in a parade who was also supported by the army...the general was none other than pusyamitra sunga...so the invasions had already begun after asoka's reign..

Demetrius I had already taken over lot of regions in current pakistan and this was main reason for uprising...but rusted swords were not able to defend the great empire...

hinduism is way too much influenced by jainism and budhism to be honest..so hindu kings later were just as unprepared as budhist emperors.
In what way were Rajput warriors like Prithviraj Chauhan influenced by Buddhism and Jainism?

Why were warriors like Rajputs not able to stop Mahmud of Ghazni and Mohammad Ghori?

warriorextreme

Country flag
In what way were Rajput warriors like Prithviraj Chauhan influenced by Buddhism and Jainism?

Why were warriors like Rajputs not able to stop Mahmud of Ghazni and Mohammad Ghori?
prithviraj did let go his killer many times....later he came with all force and destroyed prithviraj :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
God exists and yet does not exist.

One has to have the inner belief to realise God.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

Funny :heh:
My take from this, Religion is not the solution to every problem

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Atheist know more about religion than Theists!

I would say most Atheists leave religion because they have read more than their holy books but there are some childish people who leave religion just because they have some simple questions unanswered and return back into that fold once they run out of hope and are confused to find answers alone because they do not choose to seek beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I have a long standing doubt and Its rather a honest one. If i believe in God or some form of Super natural existence, since there are so many riddles to life and universe which cant be answered by Science, but at the same time i hate all religions per se, especially the violent ones, since they do nothing more than brain washing, what will i be called as???

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I have a long standing doubt and Its rather a honest one. If i believe in God or some form of Super natural existence, since there are so many riddles to life and universe which cant be answered by Science, but at the same time i hate all religions per se, especially the violent ones, since they do nothing more than brain washing, what will i be called as???
May be Deist?

Is this how you feel?

Deism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
May be Deist?

Is this how you feel?

Deism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
though i feel i am 70% deistic, i believe in superiority of science above all else and god/super natural explanation should be given for things which cannot be explained only by science . Morals should be based on science relevant to 21st century, not by some archaic laws or books, for instance smoking should be criticised not because its against religion, but because its a health hazard for the person and the public.

Param

but there is caste eh?
Caste is a man made divisive system promoted by a particular caste and supported by some others enjoying a high status.

It is one of the greatest evils known to mankind, an aparthied worse than racism.

But the funny part is that in modern times it has come to bite back those who founded and propagated it.

^^^So much so that the classes that originally defended the caste system now say that there is no caste.

Democracy is a powerful weapon indeed.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Caste is a man made divisive system promoted by a particular caste and supported by some others enjoying a high status.

It is one of the greatest evils known to mankind, an aparthied worse than racism.

But the funny part is that in modern times it has come to bite back those who founded and propagated it.

^^^So much so that the classes that originally defended the caste system now say that there is no caste.

Democracy is a powerful weapon indeed.
did you know why i asked you that question, for some one who APPARENTLY hates caste so much, you seem to love the caste politics in our country, and you are funny claiming caste politics is good in a democracy. Anyway i am not from the Upper Caste or whatever non sense you are thinking, just so to be clear. But lets not derail this thread further(though i am to be blamed for derailing it in the first place, and for that i am sorry).

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Atheist know more about religion than Theists!

This could be valid when talking about the historical (political, social, economic) backgrounds and present day political, social and economic aspects of religion/s. But the same cannot be said about the subjective part, religious experience and individual high and satisfaction that believers derive out of their religions.

p.s. I'm not religious.

Param

did you know why i asked you that question, for some one who APPARENTLY hates caste so much, you seem to love the caste politics in our country, and you are funny claiming caste politics is good in a democracy. Anyway i am not from the Upper Caste or whatever non sense you are thinking, just so to be clear. But lets not derail this thread further(though i am to be blamed for derailing it in the first place, and for that i am sorry).
When did i say so?

I do not find anything wrong with identity politics as long as identity is not the only criteria.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926