The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Nagraj

Don't they GK??
one of the very problem of any ideology is radical support that it receives look at many ideologies they are fine by themselves. however when people start supporting it radically it does more harm then any good.
and what about the severity in moronimity and number compared with religious morons???
Some of these Atheists sound like down right morons, they just deny everything for the sake of being Atheists. Atheism is only good if its mixed with non-duality...

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I dislike this Atheist debtors, they are just show offs why cant anyone take on ZK?

Tronic

Alright, so more recently, I've been doing a lot of reading on the metaphysical side of things, including astrology, and here's what I think may be:

For those who are theists, are you:
  • Monotheist?
  • Pantheist?
  • Polytheist?
Please justify and philosophise!

[please do not convolute with post #43]
Monotheist due to religion but can't rationalize or philosophize in its support.

I know you asked not to convolute but the philosophy sort of answers the second question too;

How many of you believe in God or gods, but do not believe in any religion; alternatively, how many of you believe that different religions are different ways to attain the same God or gods?

[please do not convolute with post #42]
Most religions (from Abrahamic religions to Dharmic religions to Eastern religions) mention demons influencing the dark side of people's personality. In vedic astrology too, it is written to have demons, such as "Ketu" and "Rahu" who invoke the evil/dark side of a person's personality. The free will of a person to choose is still there, but the demons supposedly influence the person to lean more towards negative decisions and make negative choices. Now many people worship these demons such as people worshiping Ketu, Rahu, Raavan, Lucifer, etc, to please them and win their favour. Now how far off could "god" be from these chaps for he too is worshiped by most people for the same reasons; i.e. to win his favour, for material goods in this world, or for heavenly abodes hereafter.

Therefore, all religions may be semi-enlightenment or semi-realizations. No "one" message likely came to the people but in bits and pieces spread over continents and among different people. These realizations may just be interpreted differently by people as having the complete message which may be an incomplete message until seen from the prism of all major religions/beliefs in the world.

Now I am not too learnt about metaphysics and theology but this is just one hypothesis of mines.

Any takers?

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
I believe in supreme almighty ishwar..i do not believe that ishwar wants to be praised by us or else we will be punished...
i hate atheist who constantly try to prove god does not exist.
i hate theist who constantly try to prove god exists.
last thing god wants is us fighting over god's existence.

Nagraj

I believe in supreme almighty ishwar..i do not believe that ishwar wants to be praised by us or else we will be punished...
i hate atheist who constantly try to prove god does not exist.
i hate theist who constantly try to prove god exists.
last thing god wants is us fighting over god's existence.
i agree with you except for the bolded part.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Don't they GK??
one of the very problem of any ideology is radical support that it receives look at many ideologies they are fine by themselves. however when people start supporting it radically it does more harm then any good.
and what about the severity in moronimity and number compared with religious morons???
No ideology is fine by itself, all major ideologies demand locality and support which breeds fanaticism and radical supporters. The ones which did not demand any loyalty and support are extinct or hidden away in the ivory shelves of literary storage and gather dust.

warriorextreme

Country flag
if god exists he is not only useless he is doing a shitty job. i mean look at this world that idiot has designed it with so much misery and pain. the whole design is flawed.
if he working some where he would be fired and his contract will be cancelled.
earth is not only place were there is life....there must be other planets with happy happy people. and no wars...what we do to ourselves and people around us is not because of god but because we ignore god's voice inside us that asks us to do only good.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
earth is not only place were there is life....there must be other planets with happy happy people. and no wars...what we do to ourselves and people around us is not because of god but because we ignore god's voice inside us that asks us to do only good.
I some what agreed so far with you but you lost me when you said Gods voice is inside you telling you to do good stuff...! There is no good or bad we will all have to die some day, time is the biggest killer so is it the biggest sinner to? Death is not a bad thing, it will come to all of us.

warriorextreme

Country flag
I some what agreed so far with you but you lost me when you said Gods voice is inside you telling you to do good stuff...! There is no good or bad we will all have to die some day, time is the biggest killer so is it the biggest sinner to? Death is not a bad thing, it will come to all of us.
"there is no good or bad" ??
this is why i say theists and atheists should not fight...

Nagraj

l8r gk i am going to sleep .so won't be able to type much but think along these lines.
Radicalization and blind support stops any idea from evolving which ensure a natural death of idea. the idea might come out all of sudden and capture the world dude to radical support . however with time that idea itself die. e.g. communism . However those ideas who have moderate supporter will change and evolve itself to meet new challenges e.g. capitalism.
No ideology is fine by itself, all major ideologies demand locality and support which breeds fanaticism and radical supporters. The ones which did not demand any loyalty and support are extinct or hidden away in the ivory shelves of literary storage and gather dust.

Nirvana

How many of you believe in God or gods, but do not believe in any religion; alternatively, how many of you believe that different religions are different ways to attain the same God or gods?

[please do not convolute with post #42]
I Guess this is me ! I Believe in god and has never lost faith in him all my life even when My life has been through worse , but i don't Believe in Concept of Religion !

Jesus,Mohammed and Many other who founded Religions were Prophets sent by GOD who is one , Religions are just Creation of Human and are Different way to attain god as you said !!

Like Shirdi Sai Baba said '" Sabka Malik Ek !! "'

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
I don't believe in god but I'm not an atheist cuz I want to believe in god but logically I can't. The odds are too overwhelming.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I don't believe in god but I'm not an atheist cuz I want to believe in god but logically I can't. The odds are too overwhelming.
You are either a Agnostic who is sitting on the fence waiting for Science to tell him if god is there so he can jump on that side or your a sri-lankan buddhist?

HeinzGud

Country flag
You are either a Agnostic who is sitting on the fence waiting for Science to tell him if god is there so he can jump on that side or your a sri-lankan buddhist?
I'm not a Buddhist but freelancer in religion though I practice what Buddha said! I can either believes in god or not so I chose the latter based on scientific and rational evidence. Well actually Agnostics are not sitting on the fence rather falls in the gods side but believing in a god which is not materialistic but practical such as the universal laws.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926