The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Akask kumar

Theists have tendency to leave anything up to God. While atheists try to solve it on their own, hence they have higher chances of success.
its wrong to say that theist dnt work hard or atheist are way active .. i can give you names of many german Quantum scientist who were atheist in the beginning but later died as sanatan dharmi..

its also wrong to assume theist look for god in every aspect of life/work.. No, not all religious ppl are spiritual nor all spiritual people are religious.

its human nature to leave the problem in middle or fight it to the end.. such thing comes from philosophy /mindet of the person which is shaped by family,society or religion..

You may disagree and discredit religion but the same religion has shaped the society,family,freinds u are living with/in and indirectly has shaped ur thinking too.

A FISH LIVING IN WATER DOESNT KNOW ABOUT ITS EXISTENCE and if it had capability to speak many would have said i hate water :bplease:

@Indx TechStyle @republic_roi97 @Bharat Ek Khoj

The Last Stand

Country flag
I'm not religious.

Religion didn't stop Sir Isaac Newton from learning all about the physical world and redefining our view of it entirely. He was pretty religious. He just kept his science and religion away from each other.

Akask kumar

I'm not religious.

Religion didn't stop Sir Isaac Newton from learning all about the physical world and redefining our view of it entirely. He was pretty religious. He just kept his science and religion away from each other.
thats the problem with christanity and the Galileo was the worst sufferer where religion had come in his way of science..

but its not the same with hinduism .. S Ramanujan is one example where divinity was inspiration of his work...

when i am taking about religion i mean hinduism ..

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I believe that Nature is God. Meaning, the fundamental laws that govern this universe are what is "God". However, I do not believe in praying to God.
I believe that Humanity has to defeat God, for our prime instincts are survival and curiosity.
How and why do you defeat God? You do so by defeating nature. How? By rising above the fundamental laws of this universe. But in order for that to happen, we need to discover all fundamental laws. Why? To survive; even after the Universe ceases to be hospitable to life, or ceases to exist. In doing so we might redefine life itself.

So what am I? Atheist? Agnostic? Religious?

Bharat Ek Khoj

I believe that Nature is God. Meaning, the fundamental laws that govern this universe are what is "God". However, I do not believe in praying to God.
I believe that Humanity has to defeat God, for our prime instincts are survival and curiosity.
How and why do you defeat God? You do so by defeating nature. How? By rising above the fundamental laws of this universe. But in order for that to happen, we need to discover all fundamental laws. Why? To survive; even after the Universe ceases to be hospitable to life, or ceases to exist. In doing so we might redefine life itself.

Seems like you have created your own branch, as I'm finding hard to understand.
Read somewhere that after death Soul enters in timeless state, whereas humans are bound to time.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You said, "atheist at least try it till last"
He said, " atheists try to solve it on their own"
Crux is the same my friend.
He said theists have "more" chances of success but this is factually incorrect because atheists try hard but thiests give up, hoping the God to help, meanwhile no God does exist in reality to help them.:biggrin2:
[No intention to offend anyone.]
its wrong to say that theist dnt work hard or atheist are way active .. i can give you names of many german Quantum scientist who were atheist in the beginning but later died as sanatan dharmi..

its also wrong to assume theist look for god in every aspect of life/work.. No, not all religious ppl are spiritual nor all spiritual people are religious.

its human nature to leave the problem in middle or fight it to the end.. such thing comes from philosophy /mindet of the person which is shaped by family,society or religion..
Yup, they worked hard and didn't give up so that God may discover subatomic particles for them.:D
You may disagree and discredit religion but the same religion has shaped the society,family,freinds u are living with/in and indirectly has shaped ur thinking too.
I agree but in a different way. People of older generations had tough lives and so many hardships so believing in any God, who will back them during their hardships is sane. They will work hard and God will back them. Okay till here.:okay:
But then, they do anushthan's, yagyas for deflecting natural disasters and rains.:bcplease:

Over that Religion provides morality and a tendency to follow rules. If not with goodwill, person follows rules at least with fear of God.
But today, we have nationalism for this purpose. My love for nation, I pay income and house taxes timely. I hope any of you guys don't possess any black money.:biggrin2:
A FISH LIVING IN WATER DOESNT KNOW ABOUT ITS EXISTENCE and if it had capability to speak many would have said i hate water :bplease:
But scientifically, humans have consciousness and fishes don't. Let us reach there and search for God, before any declaration.:p

Akask kumar

But scientifically, humans have consciousness and fishes don't. Let us reach there and search for God, before any declaration.:p
that was my whole point[i wasnt talking about a fish]. there are level of consciousness.. even chimps,dolphins,elephants are conscious.. :biggrin2:

what i am saying what plane of consciousness one is ,how much he/she is aware about self..the more and more one realise itself the more closer he /she is to DIVINE and will accept its presence..

religion helps one, to realise one's self but is not the only medium , Yoga,dhyan,meditation etc is other way
even science can be the way towards realisation of self which explains why Many Quantum scientist praise Vedas,its philosphies..

the problem is people look at hinduism with the same glass they look at the other religion.. Its different in many ways as its home of different ideologies and philosphies ..

Yjnas ,hawans,pooja has its own importance which a materialistic mind cant understand..though i do none of them yet I am a proud HIndu:cool1: because i like the core philosophies,many rituals(not all),astrology etc stuff it has..

FYI if you just look just at the categorization of hindu scriptures,it will blow you mind..

Akask kumar

if time read about PURUSH and PRAKRITI anywhere on internet or watch youtube videos..or read about Saundarya lahri,nasadya suka may help u figure out whether god and nature are same or different..It will blow ur mind if u keep it open

archie

Country flag
Advaita is not athiest branch..

there are two branches in hinduism mainly-- dvaita and advaita..

dvaita is about trinity-creator destroyer and preserver

and advaita talks about tone supreme god which has no form,omnipresent -- parmatman

Sankhya philosphy in hinduism is one atheist branch that i know.. studies by BUDDHA- interestingly Buddha himself was atheist and preached about it but but his follower started worshipping him LOL..

@Indx TechStyle might like this story
There are several Schools of Though in Hinduism .. There are no Branches thats a big difference first

Second Dwaitham is Sanskrit meaning two - Signifying the school of thought where the entity of god is different from other beings and it signifies the duality in nature dark,light Male female and so on and god and humans

Adwaithman is also Sanskrit meaning Not TWO. This school of thought profuses god is no different from other entities and god manifests in all beings and its possible to Become god or achieve oness of god. This School tends to think oneness of nature. where dark and light is the same entity where dark is the absence of light which is a single entity manifesting in different ways

These two are very popular and talked about but the other schools are also there check this link .. Its only Expansion of Knowledge thats Hindu way of life or Hinduism nd thats the reason we dont have conflict cause we respect other schools of thought as own and in a way there is no right or wrong but a dharmic balance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_philosophy

HeinzGud

Country flag

Gods and humans all suffer in this universe. Therefore it is advisable to attain nirvana as soon as possible. Unless of course we all will be stuck in this limbo.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Gods and humans all suffer in this universe. Therefore it is advisable to attain nirvana as soon as possible. Unless of course we all will be stuck in this limbo.
Lets say we have two spheres.
In one spear, you are living.
How will you learn about other sphere?
Either you learn everything about the sphere your are in or just ignore everything about it.

Ignoring everything is Buddhist way. Sunyatha means zero consideration to everything that is in nature.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Lets say we have two spheres.
In one spear, you are living.
How will you learn about other sphere?
Either you learn everything about the sphere your are in or just ignore everything about it.

Ignoring everything is Buddhist way. Sunyatha means zero consideration to everything that is in nature.
Gods and humans are living in a single sphere. If you train your mind well you will realize the truth. The Buddhist way is not ignoring anything. It is just making peace with the reality.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Gods and humans are living in a single sphere. If you train your mind well you will realize the truth. The Buddhist way is not ignoring anything. It is just making peace with the reality.
Ok ignoring is not correct term.

But Nihilistic Budhism is like that.

They give zero priority to worldly matters.

cannonfodder

Country flag
I don't know what I am. I am a believer mostly when I am in trouble.... :pound::pound::pound:.

I adore Krishna though for his wit to outsmart whatever situation was thrown at him. This I am saying after you remove all the magic tricks involved.

Logically I believe Hinduism/Paganism/monism allows scope of different kind of spiritual worship/cultural practices without any animosity. That is why I prefer it over others.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Ok ignoring is not correct term.

But Nihilistic Budhism is like that.

They give zero priority to worldly matters.
In fact the core concept of Buddhism is attaining Nirvana and ending the cycle of Karma once and for all. Therefore for some Buddhists worldly matters may seem irrelevant and pointless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926