Terrorist attack on Gurdaspur - Army takes over OP

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
OT - rNDTV put out an article on its website two days ago posing a 'moral' query whether hanging yaqub would be correct or wrong, based on an old article of former RAW officer B Raman, which stated that yaqub was co-operative in investigation & was contemplating surrender already beforehand, and hence shouldn't be given capital punishment, even though there was no doubt that he & his family had a hand in the conspiracy (the latter part ofcourse underplayed by rNDTV, and being claimed that his involvement is debatable, and that he is being hanged in lieu of tiger memon). i don't know/haven't read about yaqub's history & his role, but what other members who have a knowledge of the background think on this? would this be of any effect on the case?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Other than the obvious outcomes :
1) now no one will question the death sentence
2) media was trying to project this as khalisthani attack in the morning, I think it is abundantly clear it is not a khalisthani attack.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Looks like none of the terrorists was captured alive. It would have been much better if we could have shamed Pakis again with another alive terrorist.

Riddler_22

Just saw an eyewitness interview on aaj tak and the guy claimed one of the assailants was a sardar.Now I don't know how much truth is there in that but that's quite shocking tbh.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I wish those ttp terrorist slaughter some more kids in Pakistan. :angry:
Sub human mlechh only understand the language of sword :angry:

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Bad news for Yaqoob memon and those filing mercy petition. Now after this his case is very weak.
Just saw an eyewitness interview on aaj tak and the guy claimed one of the assailants was a sardar.Now I don't know how much truth is there in that but that's quite shocking tbh.
they were sent wearing Kalaawas on 26/11; if above is true, then perhaps this time atleast one came turbaned.

Riddler_22

they were sent wearing Kalaawas on 26/11; if above is true, then perhaps this time atleast one came turbaned.
Well one of the guys in the debate said there were slogans of khalistan zindabad in some rally which happened couple of days ago.Do you think there might be some connection?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Any Videos of the operation released so far ?

Riddler_22

It has been a long time strategy of ISI that whenever there are efforts made to have dialogue with Pak by Indian side they try their best to disrupt it .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Now we have to wait for the response......

Hopefully it will be something other than just calling their ambassador to lodge a protest.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
I understand that we cannot go for a hard response as a simple knee jerk response but surely we can impose togh economic penalties on pakistan easily. for starters i propose these five basic points!

1)Removal of MFN status for Pakistan and closure of all border crossings.

2)Removal of landing/ overflying rights to all international carriers whose aircraft have landed in Pakistan prior to overflying India.

3)Removal/Denial of support and docking rights to all merchant and military vessels coming from a Pakistani Port.

4)Double taxation of all firms engaged in business in both India and Pakistan,while simultaneously halving Taxation for firms exclusively engaged in business with India.This shall also apply to international MNC's such as Coca Cola and Mc Donalds.

5)Declaring the Pakistani ambassador persona non grata and removing all Delhi police and paramilitary personnel deployed for his protection wile simultaneously withdrawing our own diplomats from Pakistan(they're better use if deployed in Afghanistan anyways).

This should halve the Size of the Pakistani economy in a matter of months.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles