Terrorist attack on Gurdaspur - Army takes over OP

Country flag
Some of the guys in the units sent were really out of shape with pot bellies I hope other first responders are not the same.

tsunami

Country flag
I am not an expert but I feel this was not a very well planned attack but just a desperate one.

As it is reported that they just crossed LOC on sunday and attacked on monday.

The bus driver says that one terrorist tried to stop him by waving his hand with gun in another and mask on face. Only an idiot will stop bus if you try like that.

Also at mid night they planted mine on railway track but villagers identified it. Hard to believe that we were so lucky. I believe that they didn't had proper plan of where to fix that so no one could identify that. At least away from village.

Overall IMO now a days these terrorist doesn't get through easily and once they do they just desperately attack on whatever they find before they might caught without doing anything. ISI and PA is getting desperate.

Anyone feel the same way??

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I am not an expert but I feel this was not a very well planned attack but just a desperate one.

As it is reported that they just crossed LOC on sunday and attacked on monday.

The bus driver says that one terrorist tried to stop him by waving his hand with gun in another and mask on face. Only an idiot will stop bus if you try like that.

Also at mid night they planted mine on railway track but villagers identified it. Hard to believe that we were so lucky. I believe that they didn't had proper plan of where to fix that so no one could identify that. At least away from village.

Overall IMO now a days these terrorist doesn't get through easily and once they do they just desperately attack on whatever they find before they might caught without doing anything. ISI and PA is getting desperate.

Anyone feel the same way??
On the contrary, in my opinion after the first shots are fired(and the word fiyadeen gets on the news) everything else is a bonus. Their primary objective is not casualties, but rather to stay in the news for as long as possible. They(ISI) use such events as leverage on various forums :

ex: : 1) Assure their hardcore elements that fight is still on, if not ISI will loose it's credibility amongst its supporters
2) Use such events as advertisement for future recruitment
3) Use such events whenever Organisations like LeT and Hizb are low on funding, such events increase their donations in the donation boxes outside Baki mosques
4) Use such events as a negotiation tactic with Indian Govt
5) More importantly top keep the issue alive

Trust this helps......

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
http://www.dailyo.in/politics/gurda...ss-saini-pakistan-terrorism/story/1/5274.html

From the article:
And then, walked up Jitender Singh, the hero among the heroes. To all those who saw the televised coverage, Singh was the burly man in a green T-shirt perched atop the adjacent terrace, spraying endless bullets on the terrorists hideout. “Ever since I got into this team, I was itching for such an operation. Today God was kind enough to give me this opportunity.”

This explains a lot why the green t-shirt guy was super
enthusiastic, the guy was part of the SWAT team.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
http://www.dailyo.in/politics/gurda...ss-saini-pakistan-terrorism/story/1/5274.html

From the article:
And then, walked up Jitender Singh, the hero among the heroes. To all those who saw the televised coverage, Singh was the burly man in a green T-shirt perched atop the adjacent terrace, spraying endless bullets on the terrorists hideout. “Ever since I got into this team, I was itching for such an operation. Today God was kind enough to give me this opportunity.”

This explains a lot why the green t-shirt guy was super
enthusiastic, the guy was part of the SWAT team.
Why is he wearing only Jeans and T-shirt? What about helmets and bullet proof vests? Indian netas will spend billions of money on renting a second nuclear submarine from Russia but not on our Security forces protecting innocent lives along the border.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why is he wearing only Jeans and T-shirt? What about helmets and bullet proof vests? Indian netas will spend billions of money on renting a second nuclear submarine from Russia but not on our Security forces protecting innocent lives along the border.
Sorry dude, i have no answers.

My guess is that he is among the first responders, Maybe he was in the area before rest of the team arrived. as per TV visuals SWAT team arrived in J&K police vehicle, i don't remember seeing him getting down from that vehicle(atleast from what was shown in TV visuals).

Those of us who are criticising them for not wearing something as per our fanboy expectations, we should cut them some slack and not be over-critical of them. Let's remember that this is their first real life situation as a team, we can only hope they review their lapses and correct them for next time.

blueblood

I don't know why people are dreaming some Hollywood style tacticool operation. Enough with the rifles and BPJs and what not. Punjab SWAT is well equipped and there are plenty of pics available to prove that.

It is possible that the guy in the green T-shirt was there to assess the situation and advice local cops before the arrival of the main party from Chandigarh.

SWAT was there and did their their jobs like professionals with no casualty and the end result was all targets neutralized. In US, regular police is armed to the teeth and can hold the fort on their own till QRT arrive. Same cannot be said about the Indian police.

AnantS

Country flag
I am really bewildered by questions on attire of Policemen. The policemen looked disheveled, not properly dressed because, like any professional, quick response time would be on their mind... rather than thinking "sajna hai mujhe armchairs experts ke liye"

Incidentally yesterday, someone was criticizing Balwant's (The men in green shirt standing and firing SLR without shoulder support ) dress, posture etc. It seems SWAT commando Balwant replied nicely “agar bullet proof pehenne ke liye rukte, to ye operation hi nahi ho pata!

@ezsasa: Good Article. Thanks for posting.

@Blackwater: The Policeman with untied saffron dastar is a hindutva-vadi, rss, baniya bahman hindu agent ;)

Now why SWAT handled the operation instead of Army: Reason a) Govt wanted to test effectiveness of SWAT.(Good decision, other states will be serious in raising such teams) b) Army generally operates to kill/neutralise the targets asap(did you the Carl Gustav, early itself in the operation in the hands of Army?). It was a golden opportunity for SWAT to practice, as Militants were holed up in an empty derelict building. The civil population was secure. So SWAT team tried its best and that too without casualty! Though their try to capture them alive did not succeed. The question why the operation took 11 hours because as said earlier, the plan was to capture the terrorists alive. So they thought it would be easier if they make militants expend their ammo. Bad luck they could not capture them!.

@Blackwater : The valid question should be : Why no anesthesia gas was used to make piglets faint inside the building? Since the building was empty, hence fatalities like Nord-Ost siege would not have occurred and it would have been "safe" to use the gas.

Blackwater

I am really bewildered by questions on attire of Policemen. The policemen looked disheveled, not properly dressed because, like any professional, quick response time would be on their mind... rather than thinking "sajna hai mujhe armchairs experts ke liye"

Incidentally yesterday, someone was criticizing Balwant's (The men in green shirt standing and firing SLR without shoulder support ) dress, posture etc. It seems SWAT commando Balwant replied nicely “agar bullet proof pehenne ke liye rukte, to ye operation hi nahi ho pata!

@ezsasa: Good Article. Thanks for posting.

@Blackwater: The Policeman with untied saffron dastar is a hindutva-vadi, rss, baniya bahman hindu agent ;)

Now why SWAT handled the operation instead of Army: Reason a) Govt wanted to test effectiveness of SWAT.(Good decision, other states will be serious in raising such teams) b) Army generally operates to kill/neutralise the targets asap(did you the Carl Gustav, early itself in the operation in the hands of Army?). It was a golden opportunity for SWAT to practice, as Militants were holed up in an empty derelict building. The civil population was secure. So SWAT team tried its best and that too without casualty! Though their try to capture them alive did not succeed. The question why the operation took 11 hours because as said earlier, the plan was to capture the terrorists alive. So they thought it would be easier if they make militants expend their ammo. Bad luck they could not capture them!.

@Blackwater : The valid question should be : Why no anesthesia gas was used to make piglets faint inside the building? Since the building was empty, hence fatalities like Nord-Ost siege would not have occurred and it would have been "safe" to use the gas.
they lack bullet proof vest , drone, kavlar helmet and u r talking about gas shells. sab baech ke kha gaye randi baazi ,daru aur murge ke liye.

bottom line is punjab police never prepared for this attack . long peace in punjab made their riffle rusty, their tummy out, mind in randi baazi.

they need to sharpen their skills again.

shocking part was under equppied SWAT team which was made just 3 yrs back

Blackwater

I don't know why people are dreaming some Hollywood style tacticool operation. Enough with the rifles and BPJs and what not. Punjab SWAT is well equipped and there are plenty of pics available to prove that.

It is possible that the guy in the green T-shirt was there to assess the situation and advice local cops before the arrival of the main party from Chandigarh.

SWAT was there and did their their jobs like professionals with no casualty and the end result was all targets neutralized. In US, regular police is armed to the teeth and can hold the fort on their own till QRT arrive. Same cannot be said about the Indian police.

photo to humne bhi bahut dekhi ha but yesterday they were exposed

Blackwater

all money for punjab police goes to drug trade by badal and co private limited

and what ever they get use in raandi baazi ,murga and daru

AnantS

Country flag
they lack bullet proof vest , drone, kavlar helmet and u r talking about gas shells. sab baech ke kha gaye randi baazi ,daru aur murge ke liye.
  • Lack of Bullet Proof Vests: Agreed, but then from ezsasa's article, it seems they(SWAT) did not get the time to wear it. Last heard their automatic weapons were rushed from Chandigarh. The rifles they had were good.
  • Drone was not needed by SWAT in this case and militants were holed up inside building. So they knew their positions. For aerial monitoring of area, an Army Dhruv helicopter was constantly circling the area.
  • Some of the SWAT members were wearing BPJ and helmets and some were not. Again, it maybe the team did not get time to get properly dressed for mission.
  • General Punjab Police will not get equipped as good as US Police SWAT team period! Or for that any police force in India. See during earlier dark days of Punjab, Khali used PP looted/donated weapons. Govt generally tries to avoid arming police to an Army personal level. Even after 26/11, in Mumbai only a Mumbai Police's Anti Terrorist Unit was created. They did not arm the whole policemen of mumbai with sophisticated weapons.
bottom line is punjab police never prepared for this attack . long peace in punjab made their riffle rusty, their tummy out, mind in randi baazi.
Bottom line is even after that, Punjab Police's response was better than any other state police force would have been (may be barring J&K, NE, ) Even Army acknowledges it.

they need to sharpen their skills again.
I would say continue practicing their skills and maybe learn from operation to improve their tactics(I think they will.)

Blackwater

• Lack of Bullet Proof Vests: Agreed, but then from ezsasa's article, it seems they(SWAT) did not get the time to wear it. Last heard their automatic weapons were rushed from Chandigarh. The rifles they had were good.
  • Drone was not needed by SWAT in this case and militants were holed up inside building. So they knew their positions. For aerial monitoring of area, an Army Dhruv helicopter was constantly circling the area.
  • Some of the SWAT members were wearing BPJ and helmets and some were not. Again, it maybe the team did not get time to get properly dressed for mission.
  • General Punjab Police will not get equipped as good as US Police SWAT team period! Or for that any police force in India. See during earlier dark days of Punjab, Khali used PP looted/donated weapons. Govt generally tries to avoid arming police to an Army personal level. Even after 26/11, in Mumbai only a Mumbai Police's Anti Terrorist Unit was created. They did not arm the whole policemen of mumbai with sophisticated weapons.
Bottom line is even after that, Punjab Police's response was better than any other state police force would have been (may be barring J&K, NE, ) Even Army acknowledges it.

I would say continue practicing their skills and maybe learn from operation to improve their tactics(I think they will.)

kitho ,??? prove it :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::nono::nono::nono:

AnantS

Country flag
kitho ,??? prove it :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::nono::nono::nono:
Let me improve the text you highlighted in bold: The Ex Army men acknowledge that PP displayed tremendous will to fight inspite of being poorly equipped. See the Tweets posted on Page 9. Rahul Bhonsale (an Ex Military)'s original tweet was re-tweeted by Lt Gen Syed Ata Hasnain (Retd.).

AnantS

Country flag
By the way a Bomb in the attacked Police Station premises was defused in Dinanagar. It was left by the terrorists killed yesterday.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles